It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Toy Robot that Brought Denver to it's Knees!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
"if it would not blow itself up in true terrorist fashion then they would blow it up! "

I spit my coffee out at that!
Darn you Proto, now I have to stop my end of the world preparations to clean this monitor, I hope you sleep well knowing you have delayed my endeavors.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

To a certain extent you can't fault the police for responding to the call and following procedures, you just have to fault the idiots who make up these procedures.

I want to believe that most if not all the responders believed it was just a toy.

The new avatar is awesome, and the Christmas Card amazing, you are one very talented graphic artist my friend.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Gotta spend that cash money somehow.

Save The Robots!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
A worthy tale related in that unique style that makes Proto such a worthy ATS contributor.

Someone else mentioned it, but this line 'if it would not blow itself up in true terrorist fashion then they would blow it up' is an absolute GEM!!

Thanks for those wonderful few minutes of grinning and laughter as I read that Proto

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cherryontop
"if it would not blow itself up in true terrorist fashion then they would blow it up! "

I spit my coffee out at that!
Darn you Proto, now I have to stop my end of the world preparations to clean this monitor, I hope you sleep well knowing you have delayed my endeavors.

This was probably not quite as funny as the picture of Obama I posted greedily drinking a dixie cup full of soda through a straw on my thread about Obama wanting to create a 'sugar' tax, to tax soda and candy, but I am glad to hear it had a similiar effect.

Now since ATS has all rights to this thread, you will want to have your attorney contact Above Media for damages!

As usual Proto is blameless.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it my friend.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
In other (unrelated) news, a plane was hijacked at the Denver airport and crashed into the governors mansion, six banks were robbed with water pistols, the police department was broken into and all the coc aine in the evidence locker and all the guns are gone, the state of Colorado is going bankrupt, and a woman sued the city for $25billion for the emotional suffering her son experienced watching his robot blown up on TV.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dagar
A worthy tale related in that unique style that makes Proto such a worthy ATS contributor.

Someone else mentioned it, but this line 'if it would not blow itself up in true terrorist fashion then they would blow it up' is an absolute GEM!!

Thanks for those wonderful few minutes of grinning and laughter as I read that Proto

I am just thankful you didn't wake up anyone sleeping the house like the last time I gave you a chuckle on a thread! Good thing you signed on early today my friend?

Maybe this is the whole unspoken strategy by our think tanks in fighting the War on Terror they are trying to distract the enemy by making them laugh so hard at our own pathetic antics that they realize what more harm to us could they do, that we haven't already done ourselves?

As always it's great to read your post my friend.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
1) This thread is awesome and better than some Hollywood movies I've seen. Epic tale, sweeping, grandiose! I laughed, I cried, I shook my tiny fist at the robot!

2) Flag and star for the wonderful narrator of this thread. It was like I WAS ACTUALLY THERE! But of course I was not...too dangerous.

3) This is why they didn't let Droids in the cantina (Mos Eisley) in Star Wars.

MM

Klaatu barada nikto

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
In other (unrelated) news, a plane was hijacked at the Denver airport and crashed into the governors mansion, six banks were robbed with water pistols, the police department was broken into and all the coc aine in the evidence locker and all the guns are gone, the state of Colorado is going bankrupt, and a woman sued the city for $25billion for the emotional suffering her son experienced watching his robot blown up on TV.

I could just see the city of Denver having to settle a big lawsuit over blowing up the Kid's robot.

Too funny.

All kidding aside I wonder what it does to children in general to see this kind of story on the TV and to question if their own toys then might represent a danger to them.

This kind of reminds me of "Mr. Bill" from Saturday Night Live in the 1970's where they did small movies on doing horrible things to a small clay doll.

Thanks for the great post my friend.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

What a great find Proto, I couldn't decide whether I should laugh or cry, truth be known I had to laugh, these kind of stories are sad but true, this is just the beginning isn't it.

S&F my friend.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Do you remember when someone used lcd panels which were attached by magnets to various Boston buildings. Similar over-reaction and similar level of looking ridiculous, if I remember correctly.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

What a great find Proto, I couldn't decide whether I should laugh or cry, truth be known I had to laugh, these kind of stories are sad but true, this is just the beginning isn't it.

S&F my friend.

I hear Brandon Frazier has already been contracted for the sequel "The Robot Returns" and while I don't want to be a spoiler yes it's true the "Rock" will also be making a cameo as the beefed up, souped up, tetesterone laden Robot, with Angelina Jolie costarring as the Robot's evil romantic interest.

Look for the sequal to be out next December in time for the all important Christmas Box Office Season.

Thanks for posting!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thoriumisbest
Do you remember when someone used lcd panels which were attached by magnets to various Boston buildings. Similar over-reaction and similar level of looking ridiculous, if I remember correctly.

I don't remember but those rotten no good terrorist creeps! LCD Panels what where they trying to do to the good Puritans of Boston, entertain them and try to get them to dance?

The villians, the more I read about the War on Terror the more frightened I become!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thoriumisbest

I remember that. The Mooninite scare.

en.wikipedia.org...

The 2007 Boston bomb scare occurred on January 31, 2007 when police officers mistakenly identified small electronic devices found throughout Boston, Massachusetts and the surrounding cities of Cambridge and Somerville as improvised explosive devices. The devices turned out to be battery-powered LED placards with an image of a cartoon character called a Mooninite. The placards were part of a guerrilla marketing campaign for Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters, a film based on the animated television series, Aqua Teen Hunger Force on Cartoon Network's late-night programming block, Adult Swim.

The LEDs were arranged to show a cartoon character displaying the middle finger. Two variants were manufactured with the LEDs arranged in pixelated likenesses of Ignignokt and Err, Mooninite characters from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley said the device "had a very sinister appearance. It had a battery behind it, and wires." Others compared the displays to the Lite-Brite electric toy in appearance

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Gotta spend that cash money somehow.

Save The Robots!

Makes you wonder where Will Smith is when you need him?

Probably doing a reunion of the Fresh Brince of Bel Aire and refusing to risk the cold of Denver.

Those Hollywood types I swear!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm not too worried about it.

I have a policy through Old Glory Insurance that contains robot-coverage

Old Glory Insurance

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Could it be that the whole war on terror is just another Insurance Industry Scam...or the unthinkable?

At some point Chevy Chase is going to appear and look at us all and say "Ha your on Saturday Night Live"!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Very well done Proto, You put a smile on my face today.

How absurd the so called war on terror has become. It's a joke really, it's all about keeping people in a constant state of fear so the trusty government can protect us. The question is who will protect us from them?

Afraid of a little toy? I don't think you could pack enough explosives in that thing to do much damage to anything. Talk about a lack of common sense.

This does remind me of the Boston incident when they practically shut down parts of the city because of some little signs that were advertising the Adult Swim TV program.
www.boston.com...

What a bunch of scared sheep Americans have become.
Enjoy the weekend everyone and be on the lookout for scary toy robots on the side of the road.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Thankfully I won't be taking any chances out on the dangerous terror ridden streets of America.

I will be watching the Adult Swim Channel!

Thanks for posting my friend.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I don't understand why everyone is laughing and joking in this thread.

It was a Cylon. Battlestar Galactica is real and they have finally found Earth.

But they have brought the Cylons with them, and we must blow them up whenever we see one.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join