It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Toy Robot that Brought Denver to it's Knees!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

Actually no, if you look at how the Robot was positioned against a massive concrete support pillar, that pillar would have absorbed the blast in the direction of the pedestrians and shops on the street and directed it outward towards traffic where maybe it would have gotten one or two cars.

It was a terrible position to put a bomb in for maximum effect.

Like I said 20 years ago someone would have just picked it up and turned it into lost and found.

Now people think life has taken on some life and death video game type quality where the most harmless things become a potential deadly threat.

Sanity versus insanity, with the insane clearly winning at the moment as evidenced by this story.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AbandonFaieth
Great article...i live in denver and i didnt even hear anything about this. definatly worth a S&F to point out how "special" some of our terrorism threats are.

Well "National Security" incidents like these are usually kept under tight wraps to prevent our enemies from knowing our precise tactics when dealing with errant toys!

Thankfully whether we hear about these things or not, our Government is committed to keeping us safe!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Sounds like the culmination of a highly developed storyline for Bruce Willis' upcoming movie "Die Hard with a McNugget Happy Meal".

Thanks for the laughs.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by adam76
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

don't know if this makes me feel safe or not??
any one know did they have to raise threat level to red ?
...... thanks for the funny story !!!
edit on 3-12-2010 by adam76 because: missed a word

This was definately a Code Red level event if there ever was one.

Manufactured by the 'Red' Chinese, with Santa dressed in 'Red' likely to deliver tens of thousands of these threatening toys this Holiday Season we may just need to cancel Christmat in order to stay safe!

Thanks for posting!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
Sounds like the culmination of a highly developed storyline for Bruce Willis' upcoming movie "Die Hard with a McNugget Happy Meal".

Thanks for the laughs.

Brilliant! I think we have finally stumbled upon the real reason so many States are pushing to outlaw Happy Meals, it's not their fear of bribing children on the path to cholesterol heaven, it's the fact that Homeland Security is scared of toys!

Thanks for posting!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The craziness of it all, is that you have a better chance of dying from a falling vending machine, than you do of even witnessing a terrorist attack. Furthermore, many more Americans have died as a result of government corruption and profiteering, than any terrorist attack blamed on Islamic fundamentalists. Yes, the Bush admin has killed far more Americans than any attack which was blamed on Al Qaeda, yet somehow he has a book deal and a salary, thanks to the goold old American tax-payer. Why don't we go through the same measures whenever Bush or Obama comes into town? I'm more affraid of them, than any "unknown package".

Anyway, great satirical observation and expression.

--airspoon
edit on 3-12-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

You mean that wasn't George Bush? Blank vacant stare? Stiff uneasy movements? Oh boy now we really are in trouble!

Great observations my friend, thanks for posting!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Actually no, if you look at how the Robot was positioned against a massive concrete support pillar, that pillar would have absorbed the blast in the direction of the pedestrians and shops on the street and directed it outward towards traffic where maybe it would have gotten one or two cars.

It was a terrible position to put a bomb in for maximum effect.

Like I said 20 years ago someone would have just picked it up and turned it into lost and found.

Now people think life has taken on some life and death video game type quality where the most harmless things become a potential deadly threat.

Sanity versus insanity, with the insane clearly winning at the moment as evidenced by this story.

We are being conditioned to never question the government, always do as told, report any irregularites, comply. If you witness any suspicious behaviour report it. You're either with 'us' or the 'terrorists'.

This story seems absurd, but it's really indicitive of where we are going as a society. The police state is here.

How will it be in 5 or 10 years?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieWoof

You know all kidding aside, you are absolutely correct. I liken this as a return to the same tactics of Nazi Germany, a security intensive police state, people generally afraid to speak out or against the government and it's policies, the wholesale persecution and villianization of a religious minority and the nation itself always on a war footing, is just too similiar for Americans to not be alarmed.

For some strange reason they aren't though. At least not enough of us. Thanks for posting!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It's the old boiling frog syndrome. Most people are clueless regarding these issues and for many there is no waking up. They just go along, doing as they are told. New generations come along who have no idea what 'we're' talking about becuase this is all they've known. As long as the bread and circus machine keeps running everything is 'ok'.

Some will wake up as the real pain starts (TSA, unemployment, censorship, exploding robots) but I think most will comply, and you are correct. That is exactly what happened in Nazi Germany. We wonder how the people could have gone along with something like that. This is how

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

To summarize- common sense is no longer common.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

It's amazing, most people refuse to see a corelation unless there are concentration camps. But this is how they do it, in slow incremental steps, starting out seemingly innocent enough to 'protect' the people, and adding little bit by bit in slow stages so it's never too far to fast.

Then one day you just wake up and you realize the culture has completely and radically changed on you with a huge security apparatus in place to protect itself and perpetuate itself.

When it gets to the point the police are blowing up childrens toys lost or discarded on the streets, it's just beyond the pale.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

In fact its often sneered at and derided as some how being potentially dangerous and foolish, by those who love the high drama of being afraid and believing there is some virtue in abject fear for the sake of fear.

No longer is it "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself" now it's we must fear everything and every body else!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

In fact its often sneered at and derided as some how being potentially dangerous and foolish, by those who love the high drama of being afraid and believing there is some virtue in abject fear for the sake of fear.

No longer is it "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself" now it's we must fear everything and every body else!

Ahh, the reality TV generation....

You don't know how many times I've had to preface a conversation with something along the lines of "Now, if you really think about it...", said my piece, then heard "I never thought of it that way." But then again, with some people no amount of common-sensory perception rectifies the situation and you have to walk away hoping the paranoia bubble bursts before it's too late. This situation with toy robot is one of those times the bubble didn't burst and common sense lost out.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
You have to remember that todays tech, a bomber does not have to strap himself/herself to a bomb. Now days we can put the bomb in a homemade device. Lets say a Rc car the size of a suitcase and drive it by camera to the location,no matter what size and detonate it from miles away. Hell, if the gov't can use drones by attack, who is to say that some other crazy might do the same.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Except the technology you are describing is not being used by terrorists but the Government itself to blow up children's toys.

Now imagine if you can...what that says to children about toys?

That their toys can be dangerous, come on for crying out loud, this was a toy, it wasn't a bomb, it was just the paranoia instilled by a police state run amuck.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

You don't know how many times I've had to preface a conversation with something along the lines of "Now, if you really think about it...", said my piece, then heard "I never thought of it that way." But then again, with some people no amount of common-sensory perception rectifies the situation and you have to walk away hoping the paranoia bubble bursts before it's too late. This situation with toy robot is one of those times the bubble didn't burst and common sense lost out.

Except more and more common sense is loosing out, like with the elderly Detroit airline passenger who begged the TSA people not to touch his stoma and pouch from a urostomy and they did anyway, bursting it and covering the man in his own urine to have to traipse through the terminal. It takes about a half an hour to change one of those which he then would have had to do either in a cramped dirty airport restroom or try to wait patiently covered in his own urine to get on board the plane and sit next to some shocked fellow passenger until he could use the restroom in the air, while trying to effect an airtight seal with turbulance in an even more cramped airplane restroom.

No common sense is almost down for the count I am afraid at this rate.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
As usual, I find myself starring and flagging your great posts Proto.

Just a classic example of how ridiculous and comical things have become. What can we really do but laugh at such paranoia?

What on earth is wrong with our modern society. It has become completely insane.

I hope the populace will awaken from this type of fear-mongering and lower vibrational way of being.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

With any luck one day more people will follow your own tireless and inspirational lead. Few if any are doing more to try to raise awareness to the ever growing state of morass we find our selves in that leaves totally absent any moral compass, honest leadership, and sane endeavors.

All we can do is keeping spreading the word, and trying to do what you do so well, in setting that fine example to follow.

I want and have to believe our world can be a better place.

Thanks my friend.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The saddest part is, it just make the police feel like they are doing their jobs well, as they get to put skills to work doing official business, and then claim that they defused the situation without any injuries to the public.

I get a lot of crap from some folks I know for watching South Park. But they do such a good job of making fun of just this sort of idiocy.

Thanks for sharing PT. And glad you like the "card".

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join