It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Toy Robot that Brought Denver to it's Knees!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
"These are not the droids you're looking for."

"These aren't the droids we're looking for."

Star and flag for another great thread Proto! I got a huge laugh out of it, and I shared it with family and friends, and they also got a huge chuckle out of it as well.

With all these rogue robots running amuck, how are we to know who the real terrorists are???

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

I think you have hit on the answer there my friend.

We need an order of Jedi Knights whose uncanny ability to bond with metaclorians will allow them to 'percieve' who the real enemy is!

That way is likely the only way we shall ever be safe.

***This message was brought to you by the Jedi Knights of America keeping movie theatres chewing gum free since 1976***

Thanks for joining in my friend.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Too bad it wasn't a talking robot. These idiots probably would have thought it was an Alien AI or something and brought the military in

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by spolcyc
Too bad it wasn't a talking robot. These idiots probably would have thought it was an Alien AI or something and brought the military in

Too bad it wasn't at night, they would have had helicopters flying over head with their search lights on it, and set up all those portable flood lights on the street.

I can just see the FBI Negotiator now "It's a tough cookie so far all I have been able to get out of it is it's name, it just keeps rebeating I am Robbie the Robot over and over again".

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
hope you'll allow a little beg-to-differ post; seems the bad guys like toys too.

www.dnaindia.com...

as far as bringing the beast down wi a thousand cuts, I suspect you wouldn't be so amused if you get stuck in your car in the snow for an hour while the overworked cops try to identify your buddies' abandoned backpack, let alone if you're a police or fireman or first responder that has to answer calls around the clock for bogus 'threats' when all the little monkey-wrench wannabes decide to get active. the nature of these things is that they're unidentifiable, and each threat must be taken seriously.

if you think this beast is so bad it needs to be taken down, you'll love living under sharia law!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

Ohhhhh I's so scared, Sharia Law, which not only are the 2% of the American population who are Muslim don't want to live under, about 90% of the Muslim world doesn't live under it either.

Can you say AGENDA?

I bet you can!

"The toy robots are coming, the toy robots are coming", and so Paul Revere rides again to 'warn' us of the dangers that exist in only the minds of xenophobes and militant crackpots!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Great job Aquarius. What a team we are! We'd better be careful though. Homeland Security may think we're trying to take their jobs away.
Have a great Holiday Season, my friend.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Ohhhhh I's so scared, Sharia Law, which not only are the 2% of the American population who are Muslim don't want to live under, about 90% of the Muslim world doesn't live under it either.

Can you say AGENDA?

I bet you can!

"The toy robots are coming, the toy robots are coming", and so Paul Revere rides again to 'warn' us of the dangers that exist in only the minds of xenophobes and militant crackpots!

I'm sure a lot of New Yorkers felt that way on 09/10.

seriously. there are bad guys out there who want to kill you.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Yeah, do you have a trial transcript from an American Court of Law that displays who is guilty of 9/11?

Of course when you are willing to pretend kid's toys present a deadly threat, who needs a trial and an independent judiciary?

Face it it's beyond warped when you start advocating the so called 'wisdom' in government agents blowing up children's toys as some insane notion of keeping the Nazi Homeland safe from 'religious villians'.

edit on 5/12/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: spelling

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Bombers aren't seriously stupid people though as it requires a pretty good knowledge of chemistry in order to make one.
Not so! Anyone who paid attention in highschool ought to understand the principles well enough to turn them into a practical device. Still, lets imagine a cave in Afghanistan called Remedial Terrorist School... [cue harp glissando]
*"All right you lot," begins the teacher, "You can stop muttering verses from the Qur'an. You can do that in How To Find Your Ass With Both Hands & A Mirror class. Pay attention! Last week we discussed the properties of the common fertiliser ingredient Amonium Nitrate. How normally its a pretty stable compound, but under the right circumstances comes apart almost instantaneously releasing 3 atoms of Oxygen. You'll remember this is the air part of what we evil geniuses call a fuel/air explosive. Hands up anyone who can think of a good fuel... You, Abu Stednut."
"A couple of canisters of gas in the back of a car, sir?"
"No. Liquid Propane or Butane are hydrocarbon fuels, but as you noted come in metal cylinders. How could you get the oxygen mixed with either fast enough to combust explosively? Anyone else...? Ok, what does high-octane mean? You, Asif Heexists."
"Er, is that like Diesel, sir?"
"Indeed it is. So good a hydrocarbon fuel in fact that it will combust explosively simply after being mixed with air as a fine mist & compressed in an engine without a spark. Now then, you all graduated from How To Tell Food From Rocks class, so who can give us another type of fuel?"
"I know. I know," pipes up young Khalid Kahn-Texist, "its sugar, right?"
"Excellent! But also, by extension, all carbohydrates. Ok, there's our fuels. How about another property of liquid hydrocarbons? You, Ali Fesentence."
"Its well known the infidels sniff them to get high. They be cursed & damn..."
"Shut up you idiot!"*

[episode 2 after the break]

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by Antoniastar

An oustanding post Antoniastar. Like the new Avatar too by the way.

"World War III will be a guerilla information war, with no division
between military and civilian participation." -Marshall McLuhan

Basically what they are trying to do is reconstruct socieities thinking along total Hegelian principles where the State has all right in every matter.

By playing on our divisions and making us fear basically everyone that is not like 'us', they are literally forcing everyone to conform into the 'herd' or risk being viewed not only as a threat, but being treated as a threat by an ever growing security aparatus that does have all rights against the citizen.

Basically everything Jimmy Carter did to gut the CIA from being a rogue government within a government has been undone and even more powers added to it.

The right to assissinate Americans abroad, secret prisons, detentions without trial, etc. etc., it's an Orwellian Nightmare of epic proportions and to keep Americans numb or fearful to it, requires a multi-ponged effort of 'staged dramas' to make them afraid, a watered down education system to make them less capable of critical thought, chemicals in food and water to make them more docile, media constantly editorializing and framing the news with a predisposed 'proper' and 'politically correct' oppinion, forced austerity through economic manipulation to rob people of the freedom that cash in your pocket can buy you and the places it can take you and the things that it can provide, all set to a backdrop of a heightened sense of imagined danger that they never miss a chance to make seem as real as possible.

End result a homogenous mass that is obedient to and worships the state, and ties it's identity with the state.

They are doing a pretty good job at it too, except for us guerillas, who wage the information war against them for the hearts and minds of the people.

It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

Thank you very much my dear friend!

And your clear-cut reply above is greatly appreciated. Your view is important and, at least in this case, reflects my own. I one-hundred percent agree with and ascribe to every thing you said.

And thanks for the belly-bouncing laughs!

War time is stressful and it's just good common sense to have an outlet for excess stress. Thanks for bringing into focus the comical side of the robot invasion. I refuse to be terrorized by a toy robot (in this case). Thank goodness no one got hurt but the robot. Must be nice to be able to justify blowing things up.

I wonder if the patrons in the bar had a good view? Maybe they had it televised on the big screen?

You never know, someone might make movie about a rogue robot suction-cupped to a pilon trying to take over America - and then the world? I bet he's not working alone.
It doesn't take a leap of imagination to surmise that the robot probably has friends in high places.

Another thing. Wonder if the timing is intentional? It's around Christmastime. Toys - Christmas - coincidence? Hmmm.

You'd think there was a less dramatic way to deal with the situation. Couldn't the bomb squad have captured the robot instead? That way they could have questioned it and maybe have tortured it a little. Geesh.

They prolly had a closed casket service ......... uhm like inside a trash can. .

Hopefully the toy robot doesn't transform itself and come back bigger and badder. lol

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
[Episode 2 of "Remedial Terrorist School"]

*The teacher slaps his forehead in frustration as the class sit dumbly in front of him. Then Abu Nglingtrier says tentatively, "My dad uses gasoline to clean crap off parts of engines he fixes."
"Aha!" exclaimes the teacher, "There's hope for you lot yet! Yes, liquid hydrocarbons are solvents. They're called that b/c they readily dissolve solids into them.
Well now, before I set your homework, lets leave fuels & reconsider fertiliser. You'll remember I told you that it usually contains other substances specifically put there to prevent Amonium Nitrate being dangerous, yes? I realise you haven't all graduated from How To Make A Cup Of Tea class, but I'd like you to consider how such stabilising chemicals can be easily separated from the Nitrate."
"I know, sir." begins Ali Ability, "You just have to pr..."
"Well done, Ali, but keep it to yourself. I want the rest of the class to get there on their own. Right, this week's homework is a short essay on how to get the most fuel in the smallest volume in contact with the most oxygen so that combustion can take place rapidly enough to be explosive. Assuming you all do graduate from How To Find Your Ass With Both Hands & A Mirror class, next week we'll be discussing detonators."
[cut to new scene]
The wild-eyed cousins Ali Kelystereotype & Pervez Ivestereotype are practicing to behead American children using a box-cutter on cute young goats...*

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
OK, here is dumb question. If someone took 10,000 toy robots and left them all over New York City would the bomb squad evacuate the city and then nuke it to make it safe?

No joke, all some one would have to do is leave a few toys around and the city would grind to a stop. The terrorist do not have to do any thing to us. We are doing it to our selfs. They can forget making bomb and just go to the toy store and get a few stuffed bunnies and do all most as much damage as if they had used a bomb. I would not be surprised if just that did not happen. Toys start showing up all over the place. They bring the toys and the bomb squad brings the C-4.

Then you will have to have a FBI back ground check and a 7 day waiting period at the toy store.

Santa Claus work shop may get bomb as a weapons factory.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

If you think this beast is so bad it needs to be taken down, you'll love living under sharia law!
I was tempted to crush your entire post with verbose intellectual arguments, but then I noticed Proto had done it better with fewer words. All I'll add is this:

Danger, Will Robinson! Logic Failure Alert!
(ie there is nothing outside mathematics that is purely 1 thing or another) Shariah Law! Pfft!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Not to take a light-hearted thread and turn it into a serious matter, but this really shows the amount of fear that grips society.

If anyone thinks its a mistake that we are convinced that every day household objects are the target of media stories describing how they could be a terrorist weapon, you are naive.

The reality of the matter is that the fear mongering of TPTB and the media is really taking a hold in society. Even despite the fact that I am completely aware that there are a PTB, I am still afraid of what they will do. Its not a joke my fellow conspiracy theorists. Fear is taking hold to a point that it can be exploited.

The main interest of the average person is to maintain the lifestyle they are living without having to change too much. That is why the changes that are made in our lives are so convenient. The general public will not grow their awareness or advance their knowledge of the world around them as long as they are convinced that their way of life will be maintained.

In this society, if you see such a suspicious object, just call in an anonymous tip and walk away and let the police, fire, SWAT and bomb squad deal with the situation for you. Its so easy and there is no accountability.

I don't believe in the boogeyman called the "terrorist". I do believe there is a group of people who's entire goal is to control the world population. The easiest way to do that is through fear. You use a threat that could possibly cause them to have to change their way of living and by god they will go after it.

Can you imagine a law getting passed that would require people to change their daily routine? All of a sudden you can't work, come home, eat, spend time with family, go to the movies, watch TV, surf the web or go to the park. As long as people believe their way of life is being maintained they will not care what you do on the sidelines. If you convince them there is a threat to that, they will do everything and anything they can as long as you can keep the status quo maintained.

The one thing that, beyond anything else people will fight to protect is the status quo.

This idiocy shows the PTB that they can and have affected people down to the lowest level of society. They have effectively induced fear into society.

If you have ever wondered about biological warfare and the introduction of small pox or anthrax or what have you into society, why would anyone need to do that? It's not a matter of introducing a virus. Fear is just as effective and 20x more contagious.

CONTROL is the name of the game here and the means of effecting it is FEAR.

Ever since 9/11 we have been convinced that terrorists are at our door with all kinds of bombs and viruses and threats to our every day way of living.

Consider:

An average of 195,000 people in the USA died due to potentially preventable, in-hospital medical errors in each of the years 2000, 2001 and 2002, according to a new study of 37 million patient records that was released today by HealthGrades, the healthcare quality company.

The same year of the 9/11 attacks almost 200,000 people (600x) the amount of people were killed by medical malpractice.

About 115 people die every day in vehicle crashes in the United States -- one death every 13 minutes.

At that rate the same number of people are killed in car accidents in 30 days as were killed in 9/11.

Death lurks at every corner, but there are much greater things to fear death from than terrorists. The fear of terrorists comes not from dying, but from the fact that people are convinced they threaten our every day routine that we call "life". This fear has been induced by media reports of EMPs shutting down financial systems, terrorists hacking utilities, terrorists blowing up a main traffic route such as the Golden Gate Bridge and the list goes on.

It is incidents like this that cause TPTB to realize that they have effectively enacted their control mechanism in all parts of society.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

Great post my friend, and while the opening piece is meant to be light hearted, clearly the bizarre extremes now being under taken in the War on Terror are nothing to laugh at all.

Not only has law enforcement literally been programed to not consider the common sense, but we can see a number of people too can't even see the error in these things even after they are proven to be an error.

What about 9-11, airplanes have been hijacked and sometimes bombed since the sixties and we didn't state blowing up children's toys as a result and using that as an excuse.

One of the biggest growth industries in America is private prisons. While over 60% of those incarcerated are non-violent drug users, victims of the War on Drugs, chances are it won't be long until people who leave toys in the wrong place end up in them too, as these private enterprises need one vital thing to thrive and that's inmates.

How long do you think it will be before they start charging people for things that aren't acts of terrorism but caused an expensive over blown response like this incident?

America needs a serious check up from the neck up.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum

If you think this beast is so bad it needs to be taken down, you'll love living under sharia law!
I was tempted to crush your entire post with verbose intellectual arguments, but then I noticed Proto had done it better with fewer words. All I'll add is this:

Danger, Will Robinson! Logic Failure Alert!
(ie there is nothing outside mathematics that is purely 1 thing or another) Shariah Law! Pfft!

I really love these people who use the Sharia Law argument. They really imagine the 2 million Muslims living in the United States are really wanting to, and going to try, and succeed forcing it on a nation of 400 million people.

It's about the most absurd argument in the universe and it just shows the religious agenda the people who use it have.

Sadly it's the same kind of religious agenda that Nazi Germany used, an evil religion is taking over, we must unite and stop them with a totaltarian police state.

You would have thought the whole world learned that lesson in the 20th century!

Go figure.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

clearly the bizarre extremes now being under taken in the War on Terror are nothing to laugh at all.

True, my good and noble friend. The real irony, though, is that millions flood across our borders unchallenged. There are no TSA death scanners, Homeland Security jokesters, or immigration officials to challenge any of them. This, my good friend, is total insanity.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

clearly the bizarre extremes now being under taken in the War on Terror are nothing to laugh at all.

True, my good and noble friend. The real irony, though, is that millions flood across our borders unchallenged. There are no TSA death scanners, Homeland Security jokesters, or immigration officials to challenge any of them. This, my good friend, is total insanity.

It truly is when you look at the utter failure and the cost to the tax payer of the war on drugs, the chance that the war on terror is going to turn out any differently as anything other than a boon for the security industrial complex is absurd.

Every day tons of narcotics cross our border that they can't stop, but we are supposed to believe virtual strip searches and real ones too at the airports are keeping terrorists at bay.

It's all just another concoction to tax, spend, and take away liberties.

Excellent points my friend.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Every day tons of narcotics cross our border that they can't stop, but we are supposed to believe virtual strip searches and real ones too at the airports are keeping terrorists at bay. It's all just another concoction to tax, spend, and take away liberties.

True, my friend. Add to that, this explanation of why we have TSA scanners:

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join