It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Toy Robot that Brought Denver to it's Knees!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

The sad thing is that there was probably some 8 year old kid who left it there watching the six o'clock news that night, saying "Mommie, Mommie they blew up my robot!"

This is the insane level of fear the media and Homeland Security have drummed up with all these stories of Home Grown Terrorists that are usually just recruits of the FBI and it's unscrupulosu informants.

It might be costing the beast money, but sadly it just makes the whole premise seem more real than it actually is to civilians and law enforcement alike.

Pretty soon you won't be able to walk down the streets with a child carrying a toy!

I think the Bar Owner did it to boost business in these sad times.

2nd

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

That's possible, I wonder what his next gimmick will be.

More importantly if they raised their prices for the rush, because that's something the Attorney General of the State would really be upset about.

Price gouging is no laughing matter!

Thanks for posting my friend.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by DelMar
S & F for giving me something good to laugh about, well written!

Makes you wonder how many stories of 'suspicious packages' are really stories like this, that they just don't want you to know the truth of the absurdity of it.

Just had one in Wichita the other day. Someone left a package at FedEx!
Stopped rush hour traffic on 54 for two hours.
There are also lots of bars in the area.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyoureyes2theworld
ahaha i live in denver and there was nothing on the news about this. lol this is the exact reason why i come to this website. but it also just goes to show how the government is just trying to blow terrorism out of proportion

What's been more interesting is the members that live in the Denver area have heard different versions apparently, with some saying it was simply described as a 'suspicious package' and others that it was an 'incident'.

Clearly they didn't see the potential in this story the way I did!

Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This is what happens when we have a Free market.
Darn bar owners gone crazy!
The profits are just evil!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
This is what happens when we have a Free market.
Darn bar owners gone crazy!
The profits are just evil!

Could the real Powers that Be and Shadow Government running the nation actually be the Bar Owners?

You may be on to something here. You should do a thread on this!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Raise taxes on those evil rich bar owners [/sarcasm]

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajniss
there was bro lol only a little bit i was watching 9news they showd the bomb squad robot going up to it lol

reply to post by openyoureyes2theworld

I would have killed for a picture of the City's Robot facing down the 'terrorist' toy robot.

It's not just the news, it's the Twilight Zone!

Thanks for posting that.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Great stuff, laughed myself trough it

the madness is easy to see when you break it down a bit.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

one of those slinky snakes in a jar would be cool......on a web cam

Boy I can just see this leading to the outlawing of Children's toys.

Coincidentally in Colonial America in the proprietary colony of Pennsylvania where William Penn wrote the Great Law to govern it, children were not supposed to play with toys, they should read books or help on the land and by the age of 12 the boys were expected to be engaged in some kind of productive full time work.

The Grinch that stole Christmas may at last be returning!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
We should ALL get a little robot and send it down a major street in the city that each of us lives in . . . on April 1st, 2011 (it falls on a Friday). It will be referred to in history as 411(aka: Red Friday, cuz their faces will be red with embarrassment and anger).
edit on 12/4/2010 by Nivcharah because: formatting.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nivcharah
We should ALL get a little robot and send it down a major street in the city that each of us lives in . . . on April 1st, 2011 (it falls on a Friday). It will be referred to in history as 411(aka: Red Friday, cuz their faces will be red with embarrassment and anger).

You know Friday had always been considered a very unlucky day, as since Roman times it was the day selected for executions. Right on up through the 20th century nations including the United States only executed prisoners on Friday. Back then the only day workers got off was Sunday and that was for Church.

The 13 Society in New York City beginning in the early 1900's began waging an all out campaign to get a half day off on Saturday for the people and writing the Governors of every state asking them to execute people on other days than Friday.

When ever a Governor would select another day of the week, the 13 Society would take out a big full page add in the New York Times thanking them and applauding their efforts.

Eventually they got all of Saturday as a day off for people, and Friday became everyone's favorite day of the week.

We could turn that all around with your idea.

I likes it, I likes it a lot!

Shhhhhhhh!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nivcharah
I love it. Let's set it up. I can get a toy robot or two. ROFL.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
hasn't been terrorist attacks since hmm, LOng time AGo! and this is the fear level the cops are having a F plastic robot, just trash.

what is the next thing ??

S&F for recounting the sequence of the events that day.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen
Great stuff, laughed myself trough it

the madness is easy to see when you break it down a bit.

It sure is and while the Government and Law Enforcement Types clearly don't enjoy being laughed at, laughing at them over these things might be our best weapon.

Insanity by sheer definition is continuing applying things that don't work expecting different results.

On Monday morning's arm chair quarterbacks, recall the plays for the game, now sure how they could have won.

Not the proponents of the war on terror. If you listen to them justify these absurdities as 'necessary and prudent' they would sound like this as Monday morning quarter backs...

"Throwing that interception in the endzone with only 2 seconds left was clearly the smart call even though 82 was open"

"Fumbling the ball on our on 2 yard line was much better than risking a safety with a punt!"

Even when the proponents of the war on terror see in retrospect their mistakes, they just won't concede that they are the mistakes that they are.

You really have to question the motives and the sanity of people who won't learn from their mistakes, and even more so, when they are people we have empowered to make decisions on our behalf, and pay them relatively handsomely to do so.

I think the Government and the Corporations are laughing at us, and I think it's time we started laughing back.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JJRichey

The sheeple are going to become so paranoid they'll give up anything to be "safe". How do you think Nazi Germany started? Not all at once, I assure you of that!

We are so well on our way to becoming the next Nazi state it's not evey funny anymore.

These notions that we should be scared of everything and everyone and only look to the government to protect us are the anti-thesis of what the classic United States was buit on.

Telling the fear mongerers and the state worshipers where they can stick it, is a big part in stopping this steady march to total fascism.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I think the Government and the Corporations are laughing at us, and I think it's time we started laughing back.
Unfortunately, That won't be enough.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Forget bombing the factories where they are made half way around the world, I made the mistake of going into a toy shop yesterday and they were all around me, openly on shelves with their mocking eyes. I say the only sensible response is to burn down your cities and take to the woods where you know what you eat is safe and what your child plays with is safe because it was caught, gathered or made by you, could this be what happened to the Maya civilisation, driven into the woods by Atlantean toy terrorists.

The revelations discovered on the typical Proto thread never cease to amaze.

At long last after millenia we finally know what happened to the Maya!

Brilliant my friend, brilliant!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrAnnunaki
hasn't been terrorist attacks since hmm, LOng time AGo! and this is the fear level the cops are having a F plastic robot, just trash.

what is the next thing ??

S&F for recounting the sequence of the events that day.

Getting people primed to accept back scatter x-ray machines at shopping malls, sports stadiums and government buildings no doubt.

Got to rachet up the fear for getting that done.

Thanks for joining in.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
Not only has this country gone insane with terror fever, it's becoming a pandemic of paranoia to the extreme.

We are raising children to be scared of their shadows. We are encouraging FEAR. Hide in your houses. Don't trust your brown skinned neighbors. Be afraid of toys. Get your body scans, because someone will blow up your plane. Do it for your country, prove you're not a terrorist. Everyone has an evil agenda until proven innocent. etc.

This is a sickness we are passing on to our children.

So wise and so true and yet amazingly there are those that keep telling us how this is the 'smart' and 'sensible' thing to do, that it 'could have' been this, or it 'could have' been that, and then we 'would have' been this or 'would have' been that, had they not undertaken all these insane, morally bankrupting, and economically debilitating measures.

I sometimes wonder if the people who keep 'telling' us this, actually believe it themselves.

Thanks for the exceptional post.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join