It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks website back up on Swiss network after six-hour shutdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

WikiLeaks website back up on Swiss network after six-hour shutdown

sify.com

WikiLeaks is up and running again on a Swiss network a few hours after the company providing its DNS services terminated the whistleblower website's account.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Well one minute its gone, the next its back im glad its putting up a fight, looks like Assange has everyone running round after and foiling their attempts to either down his site or capture him for the bogus rape charges.

According to reports, WikiLeaks needed to register __._ - which it owns until 2018 - with another domain host in order to get its site up and running again.

sify.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
and the link

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
and the link

Couple of more backup links to Wikileaks which are available:

213.251.145.96.nyud.net... - For financial support

46.59.1.2.nyud.net... - Bahnhof Hosted

88.80.2.32.nyud.net... - PRQ hosted

88.80.13.160.nyud.net... - Collateral Murder site - PRQ hosted

213.251.145.96.nyud.net... - OVH Hosted

213.251.145.96.nyud.net... - Cablegate site - OVH Hosted (New cables released today)

wikileaks.ch.nyud.net... - Swiss domain redirects to 213.251.145.96

Keep up the fight Wikileaks !!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This is blatant Government takeover of a website, backed up by corporate compliance from the DNS companies.

The Mainstream Media has no issue reporting on the information that wikileaks exposes, thus making themselves compliant in the release of this information, but the US Government doesn't move to shut THEM down now, does it?

While the use of the "free speech" terminology is pretty shady in this case, it shows you that the US Government is perfectly capable of attempting to shut down any website it sees fit, with or without a court order (I haven't heard of any court granting the US the capacity to terminate this website).

I'm now even MORE interested in the information that Wikileaks has, thanks to the efforts of the MSM to publicize this document release and the efforts of the US Government to prevent it. I'm VERY interested in seeing what they have to say about the "large US financial institution" (I'm presuming Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, or JP Morgan) in the New Year.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This is blatant Government takeover of a website, backed up by corporate compliance from the DNS companies.

The Mainstream Media has no issue reporting on the information that wikileaks exposes, thus making themselves compliant in the release of this information, but the US Government doesn't move to shut THEM down now, does it?

While the use of the "free speech" terminology is pretty shady in this case, it shows you that the US Government is perfectly capable of attempting to shut down any website it sees fit, with or without a court order (I haven't heard of any court granting the US the capacity to terminate this website).

I'm now even MORE interested in the information that Wikileaks has, thanks to the efforts of the MSM to publicize this document release and the efforts of the US Government to prevent it. I'm VERY interested in seeing what they have to say about the "large US financial institution" (I'm presuming Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, or JP Morgan) in the New Year.

new topics

top topics

join