It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Join in the Fun: Is It More Urgent to Capture Assange or to capture Bin Laden?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Someone sent me via email this yahoo answer site asking whether it is more important to capture Assange or to capture Bin Laden.

answers.yahoo.com...

So, I figured it would be fun to start an opinion section right here. Who is the more dastardly villain: Assange or Bin Laden?

Points will be awarded for creative analogies.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by fredcall

osamas already dead apparently.
so you can cross him off the list

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

None of the above. My answer is:

George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and their merry band of cronies.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
We know where Assange is. It is just fun watching him become increasingly paranoid. All those DDOS errors have caused wikileaks to retreat.
edit on 3-12-2010 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

LOL, I bet you don't even know what DDOS is without having to consult Wikipedia.

Assange has nothing to fear from DDOS attacks - he knows this and anyone who knows anything about computers and the way the Internet works also knows this. They are merely a pain in the ass that is easily dealt with.
edit on 3/12/2010 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I certainly wouldn't know what 213.251.145.96 is either. After all I am just a dumb redneck American.

I am more mad that my pizza is late ... its making me miss mah dern ball game!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
they are both potentially as dangerous as each other but bin laden has more reason for doing what he does. assange is trying to expose people because he either feels this is the right thing to do or he just gets a rush out of it. Osama Bin Laden is fighting against the oppresion of his people ( I know that he is part of the second richest family in saudi and is hardly oppressed himself).
I agree with the guy who said cheney, bush etc...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Anyone can run the Wikileaks address through DOS PING and get the IP address.

Nice try though

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Does this mean we'll now have drones circling Southern England?

oh my, oh noes...

tho he can always do a Lord Lucan and skip to France (or anywhere) at one of the ports..

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Anyone can run the Wikileaks address through DOS PING and get the IP address.

Nice try though

Scott: [both are the Jerry Springer show] How could you do this to me? On national television!
Dr. Evil: Well throw me a freakin' bone here, Scott.
Scott: Why did you run out on me?
Dr. Evil: Because you're not quite evil enough.
[audience boos]
Dr. Evil: Well it's true! It's true! You're semi-evil. You're quasi-evil. You're the margarine of evil. You're the Diet Coke of evil. Just one calorie, not evil enough.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Just saw that Mr Assange is doing a live Q&A on the Guardian site at 1300 hrs (one hour from now). Guess you could ask him.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Getting a lot of replies where to find Wikileaks. But, is anyone actually reading any of the half million pages of blank staring info? I mean, nobodies read any of the 1200 pages of the ObamaCare bill yet.

So, is Wikileaks telling us anything we don't already know about....oh....say.....Iran?

WikiLeaks Reveals Iran’s Secret, Worldwide Arms Hunt
Guns and ammo from Turkey. Missile components from Germany. Guidance systems from China. Iran is on a global, clandestine mission to acquire weapons and weapons technologies of all sorts

www.wired.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
You can even email him.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

What I was really really hoping for was the super secret coca cola recipe .... bummer.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by littlecloud

osamas already dead apparently.
so you can cross him off the list

If past terrorist activities in Iraq and Somalia have taught us, terrorists use dead bodies to make an example. You know, string up the corpse. Wrap it in a flag. Set it on fire. Drag it through the city to the cheers of the locals.

If, as you say, Bin Laden is dead, that could be all the more reason to arrest his corpse? Let's not ruin the fun by crossing Bin Laden off the list. Okay?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer

What I was really really hoping for was the super secret coca cola recipe .... bummer.

Yeah, and I bet you wish you knew the secret recipe to Kentucky Fried Chicken. So you could be as wealthy as Colonel Sanders' private secretary became.

What? You ask yourself and me. What do I mean as wealthy as Colonel Sanders' private secretary, and not as wealthy as Colonel Sanders?

Because Colonel Sanders did not trust the stock market. He did not buy shares of KFC. Instead, he took a lump sum selling the business. While his private secretary purchased shares early in the game. She made a fortune off KFC.

But that's another matter. I'm sure you wish you possessed a secret formula for making you super wealthy. All I can say is quit relying on those lottery tickets and get to tinkering on secret formual ideas.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
Does this mean we'll now have drones circling Southern England?

oh my, oh noes...

tho he can always do a Lord Lucan and skip to France (or anywhere) at one of the ports..

I don't know. Maybe you should ask Pakistan? Some of those drones circling England could come from Pakistani manufacturers, ya know?

Drones: Made in Pakistan
news.dawn.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
well let's see, Bin Laden has been on the lam for 3285 days, and Assange is on, what, day 4, 5? Counting this most recent leak. I'd say he's got a while before he's captured, if ever, judging by the history of other captured masterminds.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
This man is a champion and hero of the people of this planet. How dare they accuse him of terrorism? For God's sake!! Now that they are caught between a rock and a hard place, and are wriggling like vipers caught under a cowboy's boot. They are the ones with nowhere to run or hide. They are the ones who have taken the power vested in them by the people of this world and have twisted and corrupted it to their own nefarious ends.

This man has struck a blow for freedom of information and democracy everywhere. If they can't handle the truth (where's Nicholson when you need him?) then they should stand aside and make way for people with more conviction, greater strength of character and the ability to take the knocks and blows of their position.

Put up. Or shut up!!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
well let's see, Bin Laden has been on the lam for 3285 days, and Assange is on, what, day 4, 5? Counting this most recent leak. I'd say he's got a while before he's captured, if ever, judging by the history of other captured masterminds.

In the world of fabricating 24 hour news, the longer a carnival sideshow can be kept active, the more viewers will tune in between episodes of Dancing With the Stars. Wonder what the Vegas odds are on when and what day or hour Assange will be captured. I mean, how bad would it look if all the intelligence agencies of the world can't capture a pasty looking European fellow? It may not be as important to stop Assange as it is to preserve law enforcement reputation. Would they place a captured Assange in his own prison? Like they did with Rudolf Hess kept in Spandau Prison? Is there really a prison legend in the making here? Did Wikileaks actually ever reveal anything but information everyone already knew?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join