It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual Question On The Morality Of Police Assaulting The Public

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
This is an unusual if not down right funny, but still serious question so please bear with me until the end.

Just like to see what people think on this scenario as to whether morally, this is police assaulting the public or not?

If you touch a police officer, I mean just lay a hand on not, hit/punch/slap/strike you can be charged with assault.

If you pull away from a police officer even without hitting/punching/slapping/striking the police officer, you can be charged with resisting the police.

Police dogs are actually considered as police officers. In such that if you were to say kick a police dog you could be charged with assaulting the police as if you had assaulted an actual human officer.

Now police dogs can sniff a person all over even as to shove their noses in your private parts, poking their pointed snouts in roughly as to sometimes causing injury to said private parts.

Now If a person were to go up to a police officer & sniff the officer all over & shove their noses in their private parts, poking their noses in roughly as to causing injury to said private parts, they would be charged with assaulting a police officer.

Does this possible injury caused by the police dog, morally constitute assault by the police?

If not ,shouldn't the police dog handler be held accountable, as the public can be for their pet dogs' behaviour?
edit on 3-12-2010 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
This is an unusual if not down right funny, but still serious question so please bear with me until the end.

Just like to see what people think on this scenario as to whether morally, this is police assaulting the public or not?

If you touch a police officer, I mean just lay a hand on not, hit/punch/slap/strike you can be charged with assault.

If you pull away from a police officer even without hitting/punching/slapping/striking the police officer, you can be charged with resisting the police.

Police dogs are actually considered as police officers. In such that if you were to say kick a police dog you could be charged with assaulting the police as if you had assaulted an actual human officer.

Now police dogs can sniff a person all over even as to shove their noses in your private parts, poking their pointed snouts in roughly as to sometimes causing injury to said private parts.

Now If a person were to go up to a police officer & sniff the officer all over & shove their noses in their private parts, poking their noses in roughly as to causing injury to said private parts, they would be charged with assaulting a police officer.

Does this possible injury caused by the police dog, morally constitute assault by the police?

If not ,shouldn't the police dog handler be held accountable, as the public can be for their pet dogs' behaviour?
edit on 3-12-2010 by acrux because: (no reason given)

You are from Australia.

People need law to assist the general public from criminals who patrol the streets looking for the next innocent victim who is on drugs and alcohol looking for money for there next fix.

Law is required due to the idiots who don't care for the general citizens of society.

Unfortnatley, at times, we are considered guilty before getting proven innocent but this is life itself!
edit on 3-12-2010 by Archangelelijah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Lmfao.. Erm.. Now that finished laughing.. Maybe the dog could be charged for sexual harrassment .. Or for being a lecher...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I have a dog and she's always careful not to sniff you too hard. She's not a police dog, she's a husky/wolf hybrid though. I don't know of any case where a dog sniff someone so hard that they were actually physically hurt.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

First off, a dog is not going to poke you so hard as to do injury, they do not need to make contact with you to smell contraband. If they poked at you then they actively alerted to something and that gives them reasonable suspicion same as an officer doing a pat down in a terry stop.

Dogs are trained to either passively or actively alert, depending on the situation. A dog that is trained to passively alert will sit down near the object that they are alerting too, one that actively alerts will paw or poke at the object in question. The dogs I used to work around at the airport would sit down with their front legs over a bag if it had suspected contraband in it (though they had one dog there who liked to alert on Snickers candy bars
)

Passive Alerting:

Active Alerting:

BTW, just for future reference, an assault is a reasonable threat of violence, but once physical contact is made its considered a battery (aggravated battery if any object is used in the process), there is no such thing as “Assault and Battery” that is a misnomer that resulted from old police movies and TV shows. Its one or the other, its not both.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 12/3/2010 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
ok this fits in on police abuse falling under emergency services:
Invasion of the body snatchers and tourista run by emergency services
This was funded by the government 1.5 million to do this program!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by thegreatwolf

iok this fits in on police abuse falling under emergency services:
Invasion of the body snatchers and tourista run by emergency services
This was funded by the government 1.5 million to do this program!

Interesting as that topic you posted was.

What does it have to do with the possible assault by a police dog.

new topics

top topics

join