It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Really Scary Just Happened to Me

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
My advice, get a dog and a shotgun; two of the best security tools you can own.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
First off may i ask if you have a cordless phone?
If so, it may be listened in on, with a simple fm scanner.
The damn things can be listened in on using portable wireless earphones or other easily obtained devies.
If you were calling the police and they had a scanner in the van, theyd beetle off in a hurry if up to no good.
If it was a gov boys van, they would undoubtedly possess that technology.
If it was criminals they may also just as likely have it too.....
The morning visitor sounds like a confirmation to m,e that somebody is working the area for some reason.either legal or criminal....
A word of caution not to speak about anything that copuld be deemed criminal activity or even anti social activity on your or anyone elses part again!....dont.
I believe that you are aware and primed so it will be fairly aparent in a short ti,me whether you are being overly paranoid or not....
Keep yer eyes open, lock yer doors, and tuck a gun away in a safe spot where you can access it if nessessary.
Remember the cordless phones can be listened to fairly easily....
If you have an old land line you can jack in,use that to call the cops next tim,e, and see if they run again.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yes, we do have a cordless phone.

why did they target my home though? there were 4 vehicles in the driveway...obviously a bunch of people were home..there are other homes on the street which are occupied by one person and 2 houses which are hardly ever occupied at all but I assume would also have some valuables inside.

I'll keep my eyes peeled. I have a feeling it wont be the last time something like this happens. I don't exactly know what you mean by anti social behaviour though?
edit on 3-12-2010 by Xavialune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Doubt it was government .. Not enough manpower to watch everyone in person and the spooks arent obvious when they do decide to put someone under surveillance.. You did the proper thing in reporting a suspicious vehicle .. But now you should relax and get some sleep.. not much else you can do..

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Xavialune

Shotgun and a new lock. Or maybe just a new lock.

You'll be fine, unless you're won't be. That would be bad.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Try not to worry it will not help... These kinds of site can make us a bit paranoid sometimes...

best wishes

kx

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon
My advice, get a dog and a shotgun; two of the best security tools you can own.

Yes, this times ten!

We just rescued a wonderful chow/collie mix from the shelter a month ago, and she almost instantly assumed her role of "perimeter alert" system. Nobody approaches the house now without her letting us know. Great temperament too, and smart.

Start saving for a shotgun, you can find a good used one fairly cheap, or I think you mentioned your dad had one. Even on a tight budget, with a little determination you can save enough relatively quickly. Sell some stuff on ebay maybe. There's no reason for you to NOT feel fully secure within your home.

Harden your perimeter by adding motion activated flood lights, if there's all ready lighting installed this can be as simple as a screw in adapter. It's real cheap. Nobody likes to sneak up on a well lit house.

Pull trash cans and other things that can be hidden behind away from the house, trim bushes that give bad guys somewhere to hide, stuff like that. A lot of things you can do cost nothing more than a little time and effort. Try to think like the bad guy as you approach your house, where would YOU hide? How would YOU try to get in, then do something to affect that in your favor.

All the little things add up quickly to make you / your property unattractive to someone looking for some easy pickings. The main thing is to be pro-active and approach it from that mindset. No need to go nuts and build a safe-room, just a little common sense applied liberally about your place and a little what-if planning will have you setting pretty, Queen of the Castle, as you should be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join