It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress turns on the people yet again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This is the latest thing that got me riled up:

House, Senate Democrats: no tax cut extension over $250,000
www.cnn.com...

This is bitter politics, with collateral damage being sustained by American small businesses. Americas' strength lies in small business. Not big corporations, but small business, and entrepreneurial spirit. This government is doing all it can to consolidate business into big corporations, I wonder if it's because it's easier to control big businesses than independent small businesses. Think about it, they've bailed out only the big corporations. They're consolidating banks into fewer and fewer banks nearly every week. Stupid, stupid, stupid Congress. They have their blinders on and can only think about politics and are blind to the destruction in their wake. It's so stupid it seems malicious and carefully crafted. It's the carefully crafted death of independence.

And what about the Patriot Act? We are pulling combat troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan, but can we have our liberties back yet? I served in the Army, and I considered myself part of an organization fought for and defended our freedoms, only to later see them yanked away by Congress. Have we even considered rescinding the Patriot Act? Remember the days when you could see your family off at the airport gate? When your nail clippers were not confiscated by the mall police at the airport? By all evidence, it looks like the terrorists have won. Osama is laughing at us suffering from a thousand cuts, by our own Congress. And Executive branch. And the Judicial branch that upholds these new restrictions on the American public.

Seems everything the government does is to quash the American spirit. They've even passed a law making it illegal to sell fruit and vegetables from your own garden to your neighbors. www.examiner.com...

...This new bill will place a great deal of authority over farmers, and even freelance gardeners simply growing fruits and vegetables in their own backyards. Practices such as saving seeds for use the next year would be prohibited and doing so could result in a federal offense, punishable by fines and prison time. Some speculate that the practice of saving seeds is being banned in order to give seed companies, such as Monsanto, a monopoly over the seed industry.

One of the biggest groups of people to suffer are farmers. Farmers who provide food for their own families, as well as sell their crops at farmer's markets, will now be subjected to the authority of the federal government in regards to their crops, and the sale, and even personal consumption, of said crops. You heard right; it would be against the law to consume food grown in your own garden without the federal government's approval....

Seems the goal of the government is to make the American people more and more dependent on the government. More entitlements, more control. That's how America conquers emerging nations, by getting small nations addicted to American funds, and threatening to cut the funds off. It's how America crushes the spirit of independence, by creating dependencies and shutting down opportunities for those who feel independent.

End Rant.
edit on 3-12-2010 by dbriefed because: Fixed typos

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dbriefed

Another member on here recently stated that the overwhelming majority of humans desire to live under authoritarian rule. It is the small, yet highly rambunctious and vocal, minority that hold the despots at bay.

I do not hold it against the average human that they are lacking in intellectual inspiration and meaningful perspiration. I pity them, and take it upon myself to do what I can to look out for them by protesting when freedom is under attack.

It is the role of the nonconformist archetype in society. What we must then do is find all the nonconformist types that we can and teach them true, decent logic that will harden them against the sheeple mentality. If freedom is under attack, then we attack back.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
It really does appear that this Administration and current Congress hates small business. They seem to be doing everything possible to kill them off with raising taxes and enforcing the odd new healthcare laws. I only hope the damage is undone by the next administration and quickly.

Mega-corps however the Dems are in bed with. From exempting many of them from the health care laws to giving them billions of dollars in "emergency" stimulus money... it's insane! Did GE and Verizon really need our taxpayer dollars? Hell no!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I thought Obama would get rid of the Patriot Act and he didn't. I have a feeling that when the presidential office is given more power it becomes irresistible to those who take that office and they no longer want it gone when it it THEM in charge.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
I thought Obama would get rid of the Patriot Act and he didn't. I have a feeling that when the presidential office is given more power it becomes irresistible to those who take that office and they no longer want it gone when it it THEM in charge.

I think it is more of an issue of "you end up like Kennedy" if you try to buck the folks who are in charge.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
That which we did to foreign nations is now being done onto us.

You had to see it coming. I wouldn't be surprised if they started using the F-22's defense laser to start zapping peoples crops in their back yard.

My kids were attending some 4H activities. Then I noticed Monsato is partially funding 4H now and their name is on the 4H stuff as a sponsor. My kids aren't partaking in that evil now.

Atleast under Communism the people were allowed to grow their own crops and eat them. Looks like that's another right we've lost.

top topics

join