It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insert title here...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
If understanding we know nothing, is the beginning of knowledge, would by default understanding that we are nothing, be the beginning of becoming?

Short post perhaps, but full of possible conversation.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Hey i like it. Simple.

Ill do a mantra tonight when i meditate. It will go like this....

I am nothing

I know nothing

and so on and so on...

It sounds better then, I am god, or I am agnostic, or I am this or that.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
supposed knowledge is ego driven, and therefore insane.

only through nothingness can you see the light

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

You said "supposed knowledge is ego driven, and therefore insane.
only through nothingness can you see the light"

ego: the one of the three divisions of the psyche in psychoanalytic theory that serves as the organized conscious mediator between the person and reality especially by functioning both in the perception of and adaptation to reality.

If we go with Einsteins definition of insanity, then reality can not exist. For only by repeating the same action over and over and expecting different results are we insane. For it would be the perception of reality that would create the need to "define" reality through knowledge, thereby pleasing the ego, continually coming up with nothing more real than before?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by recycled

So what are you saying? That without ego, we have nothing, and in nothing we have everything?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Well ego is the part of us that defines who we are in a sense. It could be labeled as, the outward display of our perception of, and adaptation to reality. So if we make no attempt to enhance our "ego" through the gaining of knowledge to prove reality, we may essentially become outwardly nondescript, what some might term "humble".

new topics

top topics

join