It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Filing Lawsuits Against the Government!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
My fellow Americans,

Like many of you, I am fed up with the way our government is attempting to pry it's way into a dominant position in our lives, forcing us to be obedient, mindless slaves. There is no greater example of this than the intrusive and unconstitutional security techniques employed by the TSA at our airports.

However, I must, as an American citizen, make a desperate plea to all of you: Stop filing lawsuits against the government!

Please, for one moment, take a step back, take a deep breath, and consider what you are doing when you file a lawsuit against the federal government or one of it's many agencies...

Who pays for the court system that the lawsuit is filed through? Who pays the judges and lawyers who are involved in the lawsuit? Who pays for the trial that results from your filing of the lawsuit? Who pays the operational costs of the government that you are filing a lawsuit against? And finally, who would be paying the monetary compensation for those lawsuits that seek it?

The same person pays for all of these things, and that person is YOU!

The government - although it behaves like one from time to time - is not a private company. It is not funded by consumer revenue; it does not have a stash of money lying around waiting for you to claim in damages. The money it possesses - the money that would be used to pay for your lawsuit and compensation - is money that is forcibly withdrawn from your pay check.

How does this help our country? Yeah, sure, you make off with a few thousand or a few million and have a good ol' time with it, but what of the rest of us? That hit to the wallet of America simply gets thrown on the massive pile of debt we already face, and probably worst of all, does absolutely nothing to change the very system which wronged you in the first place.

You think they're going to stop groping people at airports just because they have to shell out every now and then some money that does not even belong to them? Think again.

I beg you to please do something productive if you are wronged by the government. Rather than seeking some monetary reward for being a victim, how about you use your case to force change? Take your case to Congress. Talk directly to the people who work for you. Make them do their job.

USE YOUR RIGHTS FOR THE GREATER GOOD! PETITION THE GOVERNMENT; DON'T SUE IT!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The lawsuit using the radiation defense has yet to be heard in a court of law. These lawsuits will take years, if ever, to be heard and there is no way the people can win. How can you win when you are presented with a lose-lose situation? If you win the case, the taxpayers lose money. If you lose, the taxpayers lose money and you lose the case.

Either way, you lose.

The best way to go is a joint effort, a petition to the federal government. Get local and state governments to band together against the federal government. This is a union of states where the power is to be equal amongst all. No where in the constitution does it say a federal government should have more power than the people, nor does it say it should have more power than the states. If I am not mistaken, it explicitly forbids the federal government from getting too big.

I remember not too long ago that Cuba was having a shortage of toilet paper. Maybe we sent them our constitution to hold them over on chili night? We may never know.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Modern Americana
This is a union of states where the power is to be equal amongst all. No where in the constitution does it say a federal government should have more power than the people, nor does it say it should have more power than the states.

This is something we the people as a whole have forgotten, or as probably the case with the current generation, just never learned.

We must become a union again; we must use the advantages of a union for the betterment of the union. We must use our rights. The phrase "use it or lose it" is very relevant when it comes to our rights; if we do not use them, we will lose them. We already have begun to lose them.

We need to stop fighting and suing each other and step up and unite to force positive change in OUR best interests. Shouldn't that be something we can all agree on? Shouldn't this be an easy decision to make?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

People are just too selfish in this country. We have lost our way a long time ago and we just want to line our pockets and eat our way to diabetes. And if someone were to get in the way of that, we sue each other. We also let the media decide what we think and how we feel. We are numb as a people and we are not yet feeling the probing that our federal government is performing. When the numbness fades, and we start to feel the pain of our ways, it may be too late.

If we do something too drastic right now, we will be branded as traitors or terrorists, or working for the terrorists. We need to collect ourselves, put our heads together, and have a leader lead the charge. I would like Ron Paul to be that person, but he isn't a young man. We need the younger generation to step up. A lot of our generation are standing up and are being shot down. We need more, though.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

The Federal government is to have even less power than the people according to the constitution. The constitution clearly defines the scope of the Federal government's role in American life and it gives all other power to the States and individuals. All of those limits have been exceeded by the Congress and the courts in the name of an invented "living constitution." Now we have a Federal beast robbing, molesting and abusing us in the name of taking care of us.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

That is correct. I just wish people would stop resorting to lawsuits to deal with it. Lawsuits solve nothing. We the people pay for the lawsuits, not the government. It does not hurt them. It does not change them. It does nothing to the status quo. We must use all of these cases of what basically amount to molestation at our airports to force things to change instead of looking for some quick, easy money.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Although I understand your premise, and might agree with it under normal circumstances. In this case, I must respectfully disagree. Considering that all of the federally employed people in a given courtroom would make the same amount of money that day no matter where they were at. Add to that, that court costs, as disseminated to the public, are blown way out of proportion and are theoretical. And the fact that plaintiffs, in some cases pay exhorbitant court costs. It all sounds no better than the RIAA and the MPAA’s theoretical pirating costs. I might add as well, that juror’s get laughable compensation for their time and disruption to their lives.

Also, as I mentioned in DD’s thread. Government lawsuits are frequently the only way the individual has to send a message to TPTB. Any monies they get in compensation, is money out of the hands of the corporation we call government.

Petitions are great. I wish more people en masse would utilize this tool for grievances, in addition to the courts. However, petitions have historically proven to be marginal in overrall effect. A sad statement about our society, and our servants in DC.

top topics

join