It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for the crowd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Yeah,
Some years ago I watched a documentary about Stonehenge, I believe that it was on the Discovery Channel. The point of the program, was that a team of folks attempted to remake one of the arches using materials/methods the peoples of the time/area would have had to work with. I can't remember the name of it for the life of me, and would like to show it to a few friends of mine. The stones were made of modern materials (aka concrete, etc.), but were moved/set into place using ancient methods. If anyone knows what the name of the program was, I would appreciate a heads-up.
Pretty sure others on this forum would like to see it as well. Thanks for your time.

Chrono

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Chronogoblin

Was this it maybe?
They go into building it.

rest of vids available on Youtube

Hope this helps
edit on 12/2/2010 by BrokenCar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
There was a show on PBS not too long ago:

www.pbs.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Chronogoblin

If the original programme was a British production, I can make two suggestions, because I vaguely remember seeing a couple of such documentaries on British television; someone coming up with a theory, and a group of volunteers trying to make it work.
There is the BBC occasional series "Timewatch". I'm fairly sure they've done one.
And there is the "Time Team" series on a rival channel. Time Team is normally devoted to digging things up, but I'm sure I recall a "Time Team Special" relating to Stonehenge.
I hope those suggestions help your search.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCar

That one is pretty close. Not the exact one I was referring to, but pretty close. Still a cool vid, I will have to watch all of it.

Edit: Now that I've watched it, I can't honestly say it isn't the one I was thinking of. There seem to be a few discrepancies in my memory. For instance, I seem to remember a much older gentleman with glasses leading the attempts. As well as them using the ropes made by the ancient method. But perhaps that's just my mind filling in the gaps.
Thanks again.

reply to post by Toromos

Your's wasn't the one I was looking for, the one I am thinking of is probably 10 years old or more. Still interesting, and thanks for the reply.

reply to post by DISRAELI

Give me a new direction to look, thanks. Not sure if it was originally a British program or not, it's been awhile.

I am going to watch those two shows and keep looking, thanks for the help guys.

Chrono
edit on 4-12-2010 by Chronogoblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If I remember corectly the "Time Team" episode was where they recreated Stone Henge from polystyrene to show how they thought it looked when it was First built.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This dude could make ALL stonehenge alone, with NO help from anybody or any modern tools. Pretty badass. Very clever methods.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join