It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sadam Audio Banned - Reverse Speech Feared?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Only a week after the first article reporting reversed speech discoveries from propaganda videos made in Iraq, military authorities in Baghdad have moved decisively to prevent audio from Sadam Hussein's court appearance being made available to U.S. audiences.

At the same time, there appears to be a pause in the new sport of beheading civilians, and new "terrorist" produced videos are no longer appearing on the Internet.

Coincidence?

Perhaps the beheadings will begin again, if the agencies can recruit a native Arab to do the commentary and "demands". For Sadam, however, the censorship may be in place permanently, leading to the bizarre production of a silent trial. This means we are unlikely to find any more truth about Sadam than is currently available.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
For those who are interested, I just got a note that the RS analysis of the second video killing is completed. This is the man who was gunned down in his driveway in Saudi, while a camera placed on the ground filmed the attack. This was very fast, and many were not certain what was shown. However, RS is even faster and several very interesting reversals were captured. Available to all soon, I'm sure.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Reverse speech is fascinating. There was a link on ATS to a RS site and some of the recordings there were just amazing. I remember there was one that really gave me the shivers. Something about a nuclear strike and the hill of meggido from Gadaffi. I think RS is definitely something to research.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
.esnesnon rettu si sihT

!hceeps esrever sa gniht hcus on si erehT

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
si ereht sey !

www.reversespeech.com...

I havent really researched it yet, but it does look promising.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Here is another story on the attempt to prevent audio of Sadam (and officials?) from escaping the courtroom, from The Guardian, also copied on Rense in case it goes away.

This UK reporter describes press access as being a shambles, and confirms the previous story that denying AUDIO was a last minute decision, made overnight. No question that the press is horrified:

Print journalists fared even worse, forced to rely on soundless TV images of the proceedings, together with the testimony of an Arabic-speaking CNN producer who had been in court but had not been warned he would be the sole witness of events in the courtroom.

No audio recording of the proceedings was available...

At 8.30pm local time, Burns finally gave a briefing to the gathered press - too late for British newspaper deadlines. But no local media organisations were present, and the only Iraqi journalist there was asked to leave before the proceedings began fully.

Stopping the audio from getting out must have seemed of world shaking importance to create such a fiasco.

Do you suppose it might not be Sadam after all?

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I find speech reversal complete and utter nonsense. That website chooses only a few cases where, after editing, the sounds resemble english words, but if you are trying to tell me that we subconsciously say things differently in different situations to such an extent that our mind is planning what it's supposed to be like backwards... Is dribble.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I have trouble with the RS site as well. Many of his examples appear to have been tampered with. Try Greenspans for instance. If you reverse the reversed speech to find the section then listen carefully, that section sounds scratchy. Still I'm very open minded and I have the equipment so Strider if you have some independant links for some audio downloads that you've found something in I'd love to give it a second chance. cheers and tia.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by browha
I find speech reversal complete and utter nonsense. That website chooses only a few cases where, after editing, the sounds resemble english words, but if you are trying to tell me that we subconsciously say things differently in different situations to such an extent that our mind is planning what it's supposed to be like backwards... Is dribble.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Go and try reverse speech out for yourselves.....

Then i doubt you will doubt RS.

I know i didn't really believe it until i tried it myself and heard myself talking backwards...clearly.

[edit on 3-7-2004 by DaRAGE]

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I've received the audio files I mentioned above. The victim's name is Robert Jacobs. This one is really sad, and there's no doubt he was killed on camera. Should be able to get them posted in a couple days. Will have to convert them to high compression, and write an article that explains what's happening. Interestingly, the action is so fast in the video you have to slow down the forward speech before you can really understand what is happening.

Regarding RS itself, the words and phrases are there, as anyone can verify. The potential inaccuracy usually lies in trying to decide what they mean. Often they are clearly connected to a revealed train of thought, or to the subject of forward speech, so there is no problem. In other cases, though, there is no clear reference. Then the interpretation can be low-probability. Add to this the fact that some of these come from pretty deep in the subconscious, where words are used like pictures, and you have a mix that can be easily confusing.

Regarding tampering, it is possible to snip out a word although I'm not aware of any case where this has been done. I don't know of any way to insert a word and have it sound right. I don't think the technology is there. The key test would be if the shound played normally (forward) still sounds natural.

The safeguard, of course, lies in having access to the original file or at least the segment that has been reversed, so that others may reproduce the work. Romeo correctly points out that more of the material needs to be made available.

I think this will happen, but there are some issues to overcome. Most of the RS people want to remain anonymous because of the nature of what's been discovered. Also, there is a question of how to pay for bandwidth, since there is nothing to sell. Audio of reasonable quality uses much more data transfer than photos, for instance, so paying for bandwidth becomes an issue.

This is an ongoing discussion, and I'm sure the matter will be resolved sooner or later. Of course, if we are a not to be alowed any more audio from the Middle East, then the bandwidth problem will be finite instead of open ended.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I watch news from both the U.S.A and Canada. I saw the video of Sadam on both CNN and on CBC. The CBC had the original audio in the back ground. I'd have to imagine that if it was only the American networks that were not airing the original audio, that anyone that NEEDED to hear it would easily be able to hear it, assuming they were the least bit competent.
I just see not airing the audio is giving the public a false sense of security. A made up solution to a made up threat.

new topics

top topics

join