It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Motherjones: Obama worked with GOP to kill spanish torture probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Motherjones: Obama worked with GOP to kill spanish torture probe

motherjones .com

In its first months in office, the Obama administration sought to protect Bush administration officials facing criminal investigation overseas for their involvement in establishing policies the that governed interrogations of detained terrorist suspects. A "confidential" April 17, 2009, cable sent from the US embassy in Madrid to the State Department—one of the 251,287 cables obtained by WikiLeaks—details how the Obama administration, working with Republicans, leaned on Spain to derail this potential prosecution.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This just makes me sick...Obama stabbed all the people in america who believe in the rule of law, in the back. I believed in this guy. I thought he was prevented from acting against bush people, but, this shows he HELPED them..I'll never let myself be suckered again. I'll not be voting for him in 2012.

motherjones .com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

Something tells me given your avatar, that you may not have actually been a large supporter.

It's typical for incoming presidents to do things like this in order to keep calm waters around the office they now hold more so as to not set a precedent of each subsequent president turning on each previous one.

Plus at the end of the day, once your in the fraternity... that's your dues.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Something tells me given your avatar, that you may not have actually been a large supporter.

It's typical for incoming presidents to do things like this in order to keep calm waters around the office they now hold more so as to not set a precedent of each subsequent president turning on each previous one.

you are incorrect about my early support for Obama. As a black man, and a progressive with a libertarian bent, I had high hopes. Very disappointed. the avatar is fairly recent.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonseeker

you are incorrect about my early support for Obama. As a black man, and a progressive with a libertarian bent, I had high hopes. Very disappointed. the avatar is fairly recent.

Once again... What made you think Obama leaned toward libertarianism? He's always been anti drug, etc...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

progressive with a libertarian bent

Uh, yeah.

That can't really work together. At all. Either you don't know what a libertarian is, or you don't know what a progressive is. But they can't exactly coexist.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
It doesn't really surprise me. Much. I had some hope but these people can never completely fool you if you treat them the way they treat us and always start with the presumption of guilt. Even if you don't know what you suspect them of. Suspect them first and look for a reason. Always assume they are lying. If they controlled the country as completely as many of us suspect they did through the 8 years of Bush when many people were starting to wake up, there was no reason to believe things would change with a new face.

People will say you have to be fair and give them the benefit of the doubt. Why? There is not one of these guys who has earned the benefit of the doubt.
edit on 3-12-2010 by spicypickle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

progressive with a libertarian bent

Uh, yeah.

That can't really work together. At all. Either you don't know what a libertarian is, or you don't know what a progressive is. But they can't exactly coexist.

uh, yeah. they can. I know what both are, and, because I'm not a cookie-cutter thinker, I can pick elements from both that I like and go forward. you don't have to swallow political platforms, whole, ya know.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Once again... What made you think Obama leaned toward libertarianism? He's always been anti drug, etc...

I didn't think Obama was libertarian. I tend to(as I say in my response to another poster) not swallow political platforms whole. for instance, I have a lot of respect for ron paul, but, he's pro-life, and I'm pro-choice. I still support the man, because there are plenty of other issues I agree with him on. I'm don't agree with Obama on guns, but, early on, I thought he held enough of my values in his platform to deserve my vote. I was clearly wrong.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Dragon do you remember when pres bush,obama,carter,clinton held a private conference then open conference just after obamas inauguration
what did the former presidents say
that they hoped that Obama would succeed and it was not in the form of helping the american people i might add. That for me was when i said to my friends and family, " we have just another face fitting the norm here, and i have tuned this man-entity off since. so, glad to see that you have woke up from your slumber

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
Dragon do you remember when pres bush,obama,carter,clinton held a private conference then open conference just after obamas inauguration
what did the former presidents say
that they hoped that Obama would succeed and it was not in the form of helping the american people i might add. That for me was when i said to my friends and family, " we have just another face fitting the norm here, and i have tuned this man-entity off since. so, glad to see that you have woke up from your slumber

I don't remember that specifically, but, yeah, I'm eyes wide open on Obama now, for sure..

new topics

top topics

join