It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow...Came across an INCREDIBLE & haunting video speech by Charlie Chaplin

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Great find OP, thanks for sharing.

I was lucky enough to learn about Charlie Chaplin at a pretty young age; I picked him for my 7th grade " I am" report. Our assignment was to pick an influential figure from the past and dress up as him/her and speak for about 10 minutes from that person's shoes. I actually did his tramp walk as I walked into the classroom, swinging my cane and all. It was really fun. He had a wisdom that some never knew he even had.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Charlie Chaplin was the man.

Thanks for bringing this video to light, very awesome speech.

S + F for you

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ajewel4u

Well put for words.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It is in the nature of the beast, humans, that is. In the range of personalities and characteristics, it is the ones with the most drive, the most ambition, and sometimes, the most selfishness who rise to the top of the power structure in whatever system is in place, be it a democracy, dictatorship or whatever system. It does not matter, the ones with those characteristics will rise. They will get powerful. They will get corrupted.

There is no way around that -- it is our nature, and so, there is no alternative but to always be mindful of who, when and where the power tripping is happening, the system is getting skewed by those to their advantage; etc. etc. and then do something to stop it or curb it -- over, and over, and over again.

We will never be free of this scourge on our personality and character. We will always be fighting this fight.

We will always need the Charlie Chaplins in this world to do that battle for us or at least to stir us to action; ever once more.
edit on 12/3/2010 by wayno because: ftb

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but go back and watch it again. The man NEVER BLINKS! I caught one half-blink.

That fact alone is more impressive than the speech itself.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by elusive52

The Arrivals?

Thanks, I'll check it out.
Makes Sense.

One may never know the StrAnger, therefor it's always a good idea to treat him like your neighbor.
I understand that when one meets A/thE/EL CrEA~toures~, whathaveU, they either want to jump In th+E+ arms or jump off a -cliff-.

"Do unto others as you would have done unto U".
If it makes Sense it is Of it.
Why look at me, when I'm looking Up at the fIre below.
Warm, healing, glowing.
If not.....

~whathavYahbra~
*@AbraKadAbra@*

Hence, Disclaimer, though don't look at me while I'm looking ^
I can't hEAr U?????

edit on 48pm471244121231201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
DD,

I have not logged on to my account here in a long time. I do check ATS almost daily for something of substance, something beautifully inspiring that may stir emotion in me some way. Over the past year or two, most of the content has been negative in one fasion or another. You are the exception. I can always count on you for something of substance. Your posts are all uniformally driven to help improve our "Quality of Life", and I commend and respect you for that.

Even though I have become cynical as Chaplin says in the video, I do believe in the greater good in man. My trust has become very lacking over the last few years, but every once in a while hope returns to me. Ideolgy like the one in Chaplins speech holds my phyche together when the world tries to rip it apart.

Thank you DD. Very much. S&F

Aware.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
lOU

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Very nice, thank you finding that. I'm sharing all over facebook and on other websites.

Are ALL of you doing what Charlie was talking about and being part of freeing man from the tyranny? Are you spreading the information you find on ATS to facebook and other websites to spread the message even further. Get 5000 friends on facebook and post information about the new world order everywhere! Tell everybody about chemtrails, the Federal Reserve Scam, GMO food, Fluoride in the water and all the other scams and frauds of the new world order. Just because YOU know this stuff doesn't matter. You ALL must tell thousands and thousands to make up for the idiots that won't lift a finger for freedom. God bless all of you out there that are sharing the truth. Let's redouble our efforts. Buy as many Silver coins as you can to help put JP Morgan out of business! Have a garage sale and sell everything not necessary for survival and put it all into American Silver Eagles! We can do a LOT of damage if we all do our part!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
great, great speech.

Star and flag. The kind of thread that deserves the front page.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

reply to post by Maiden PEI

The Hitler photo was taken during a “reunion” at the Lake McDonald Lodge in Glacier National Park, Montana, on August 27, 1997. According to Skorzeny, Adolph Hitler was alive and well in the U.S. in 1997!

Seriously, look at that picture. It was taken during WW2 and not 1997!
While much of what is in that piece sounds believable that picture is certainly not credible evidence.
Not that the Bushes haven't been working hard to destroy America, that much is true.

Look at what picture?

The 1997 Hitler photo isn't pictured in the article.

Out of the five pictures listed, only ONE is pictured, & that is the WW2 picture with the following caption beneath it: The unmistakable Otto Skorzeny with Adolph Hitler.

It does not say it is the picture of Hitler taken at a reunion in 1997.

If you re-read the relevant paragraph, you will see that the 1997 Hitler picture refers to one of him ALONE:

Worth a thousand words:

But this was not the only bombshell Otto Skorzeny delivered that day in late-1999.

Skorzeny, producing a shoe box full of 60-years worth of his personal photographs, showed them to Berman, describing each one in great detail.

The collection featured a photo of a young, majestic Skorzeny in full S.S. Nazi military dress, next to his Führer, Adolph Hitler. [This is the WW2 photo in the article that you are mistaking for the 1997 one of Hitler]

Then there were photos of,

Reinhard Gehlen (S.S. spy and assassin),

Dr. Joseph Mengele (the “Angel of Death”),

Martin Bormann (Hitler aide and S.S. assassin)

and

Adolph Hitler (photographed in 1997 at age 107).

The Hitler photo was taken during a “reunion” at the Lake McDonald Lodge in Glacier National Park, Montana, on August 27, 1997. According to Skorzeny, Adolph Hitler was alive and well in the U.S. in 1997!

I hope this helps to clarify things for you.
edit on 3-12-2010 by Maiden PEI because: Clarification

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Chaplin was a very prescient man. He literally spelled out how things would expire in '37 to '45. Yet, due to the lack of media-access in a greater part of the world, his warnings came too late and/or had too little permeation in the general psyche. Added to that, he angered a lot of power-brokers, because he saw through them.

Mc Carthy closed America for him for good. Luckily we can still see his works, read about him and learn from this wise vagabond. He was the court jester, but his messages where always there. While people laughed about his antics,(his "sauerkraut unde ther grosse wurstchen" speech in "The Dictator", where he imitated Hitler to a pinch, still has me in stitches) he succeeded in implanting small tidbits of wisdom about power, humans and the world.

In our times, where the world is constantly teetering on the edge of total financial collapse thanks to the misguided "Bust-Boom" religion of Wallstreet, his words still carry the same gravitas as they did in the 30's.

His one message was: Do not give in to violent impulses when threatened, but fight the threat by banding together as a species, see each other as persons, not stereotypes. Do not solely expect technology to fix all (something futurists like Ray Kurzweil, however intelligent and well spoken, tend to forget)

Go down to the nucleus of it all: Man and his/her inate ability to help, appreciate and love eachother.

I like to believe that charity is our natural impulse, not destruction and hate.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
watching this speech gave me chills and stirred much emotion within me, its so passionate.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Ahh, Chaplin's Great Dictator speech. It moves me every single time. It is one of the finest pieces of film you will ever see..

Chaplin called it long before anyone else had any clue what was going on. I find it really strange, because what the nazis were up to at that time was not very well known. He saw them for what they really were, and no one listened to his warning.

Will we listen to him this time?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

It's from the movie the Great Dictator by Chaplin....... he foresaw what Hitler was all about and put this movie together. One of the best movies of it's time, way ahead of itself.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I had not seen this before - what a wonderful find. Thank you Dimensional Detective, for posting this, and thanks to other ATS posters. This is one of the best and most inspiring threads I have ever seen on ATS. It should go viral.

It does seem as though not a lot has changed...as though we have gone round in the same circle and have reached the same point again in humanity's history.

What this, and the other excellent and educational posts indicate to me is that the Nazis weren't ever defeated. Even then, we were lied to and duped. They were simply secretly transferred to the US (with the help of the Vatican) and metamorphosed.

The speech is so incredibly uplifting and inspiring. Wow. I'm going to post it and copy it onto DVD and pass it around My immediate response: We have another opportunity to rid the world of this exact same scourge. Let's do it and this time let's do it thoroughly! Whoever would have thought that Charlie Chaplin might become our emblem for change in 2010!! Fantastic.

To the dictators, I say: No you can't!

edit on 3-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

Thanks for enriching the thread with that information, This is ATS working at its best.

Peace and love to all.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Maiden PEI

Amazing info re the Bush family history. Thank you Maiden PE for posting this.

The pieces fall into place.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by robert48911

Charlie Chaplin was a far left wing political activist and perhaps even a communist. He felt forced to leave America in the 1950's during the McCarthy era because he feared being arrested. This video is in my opinion total crap, leftwing idealistic crap, meaningless crap. You may write me directly for more discussion at Robert48911(at)Gmail(dot)com

No need to directly discuss this with you privately....I am very much the Conservative Right Wing kinda guy and I still admire Chaplin for this great piece of film making and public opinion. He was WAY ahead of his time with this. The film was released in the fall of 1940 but was filmed in the Fall of 1939. He saw the evil that was approaching with Hitler and Nazism and made a stand against it.

As Hitler and his Nazi Party rose to prominence, Chaplin's popularity throughout the world became greater than ever; he was mobbed by fans on a 1931 trip to Berlin, which annoyed the Nazis, who published a book in 1934 titled The Jews Are Looking at You, in which the comedian was described as "a disgusting Jewish acrobat." Ivor Montagu, a close friend of Chaplin, relates that he sent Chaplin a copy of the book and always believed this was the genesis of "Dictator."

At the time in 1940, America still wasn't as War with the Axis. Plus it's a damm funny movie as well as biting satire and commentary, that's hard to pull off all in one movie.

Your comments, while your right, still disgust me. Have a good day.
edit on 3-12-2010 by pavil because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2010 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCat
I've seen the film and liked this part but people's judgement was clouded by false ideologies then and is now. The dream of man of late is to become the "dictator" rather than overthrow him.

I really, really don't agree with you. The dream of many so-called 'leaders' is to become 'the dictator', with that I agree, but it's not my impression that most ordinary people - ie. 99.9% of the world's population - want to become dictators. What I see is millions and millions of ordinary people, just like ourselves, who simply want peace, and to be able to provide their basic needs for themselves.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join