It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow...Came across an INCREDIBLE & haunting video speech by Charlie Chaplin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Amazing!this speech is just as valid today as it was then,funny how things really haven't changed all that much,with the exception of technology we are not as advanced as I thought.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
S&F for you. What an amzing speech. The media was all abuzz about a time traveler in his film. That speech is the time traveler. It transcends time and speaks to us today, for now more than ever humanity needs to unite and stand up against the tyranny that is government today. Not any one government, but all governments. They and the big corporations have run roughshod over us, the little man. I am in healthcare and I work with people from many nations. I see the love and compassion in them. If people from many countries can pull together to save the life of one person, then why can't we learn from this microcosm and apply it to our everyday lives on a much larger scale. Somewhere we forgot that we are all part of one species. Mankind is the only species on earth that kills just for the hell of it, and we call less intelligent species the animals. I don't believe that we have totally forgotten how to love one another. No, it's more that our governments, through their propaganda, have taught us that we should hate one another. I for one refuse to buy into the fact that Arabs, Russians, or whomever. hate me and my family simply because we are Americans. There are good and bad in every race and culture, but I think that the good FAR outweighs the bad, and it is time to say enough. Enough killing, enough hate, enough suffering. Enough of the tyranny!
edit on 3-12-2010 by IamAbeliever because: no reason

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Maiden PEI

the problem with what the DEATHBED confessions about george bush senior on the first page of this OP is the age. the photo was taken in 1938,,,if george bush sr, was say 20 at the time, that means he was 70 in 1988 when he became president...that also means he would be 92 years old now in 2010. conspirecies are one thing, but this simple age discrepency seems to say otherwise.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
OMG! He speaks of the abundance paradigm - in his way. It IS possible - and we just need to know that.

Thanks, DD, for a wonderful bit of history and prescience.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
That's a copy Over.....
The 'heart' of man speaks as Up.....
More, importantly, he stood up and tried to do the right thing.

Impressive find DimensionalDetective.
Speaks volumes, stirs the Soul.
SAlute

edit on 48am35095312931201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I've seen the film and liked this part but people's judgement was clouded by false ideologies then and is now. The dream of man of late is to become the "dictator" rather than overthrow him.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Charlie Chaplin was a far left wing political activist and perhaps even a communist. He felt forced to leave America in the 1950's during the McCarthy era because he feared being arrested. This video is in my opinion total crap, leftwing idealistic crap, meaningless crap. You may write me directly for more discussion at Robert48911(at)Gmail(dot)com

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
OMG i am ready to go kick some butt...

Who's with me lets take this mofo back lol

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Great speech and video! One thing that caught my attention is that he never blinks for over 3 and a half min.
Is that typical for him? Might have to go watch some other clips to see if its a normal behaviour.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by gaparke

Good observation.
Could be a sign of something greater.
"I don't know what got A-hold of me", was once muttered along the .....blabla
edit on 48am011000121031201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by faint1993

L..O..L OMG .

great just great ,that was classic.

(The time traveler post)

But it also ,restates, the old saying , that ,nothing ,is new, under, the , SUN.

Just ,respun to fit the times.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I really like Charlie Chaplin....but the speech could also be construed as advocating a utopian new world order....a scientific democracy where the people unite in a world devoid of national boundaries (listen to the speech again and you will see these elements). While such a concept is the opposite of a tyrannical scientific world dictatorship (NWO)...the implementation of such a world system would inevitably regress to a totalitarian level just like it does in communist countries (from the power to the people in theory to the power of a ruling committee or dictatorship in practice). Beware of politicians promising what they cant (or wont) deliver...even as a the "great dictator" did in the Chaplin film.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
maybe he spoke to the time traveler in that other chaplin film

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

Tophat with spectAcles?
Yah, he seems to get around Abit
Speechless.....
Content.

edit on 48am121025121031201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

this video is on the series 'the arrivals' on youtube, amazing series!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
that was a great Audrey Hepburn impression!

2x

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Very moving indeed. I have to wonder both when this was created and who wanted it made. Was it part of the war effort for America in WW2? Did Chaplin write these words himself?
When he proclaimed that the machines we have invented should free mankind rather than enslave us I got a chill down my spine.
Our technologies have not freed us but rather have been used against us, to control us, to keep us in perpetual wage bondage.
Sadly, few listened and we have allowed this to happen.
Technocrats still rule and use us as fodder for the war machine.
The shiny baubles and flashing lights never cease to mystify us.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

the problem with what the DEATHBED confessions about george bush senior on the first page of this OP is the age. the photo was taken in 1938,,,if george bush sr, was say 20 at the time, that means he was 70 in 1988 when he became president...that also means he would be 92 years old now in 2010. conspirecies are one thing, but this simple age discrepency seems to say otherwise.

Ah . . . you didn't read the article, did you?

For if you had, you would have noticed that Bush Sr./Scherf(f) Jr. was actually only 14yrs old in the picture taken in 1938.

Therefore, as he was born in 1924, he would have been 64yr in 1988 when he became President & is now 86yr, in 2010.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Wow! It's almost as if Charlies is living in these times; which obviously tells us that history is repeating itself. I think he made some outstanding points. Thanks for posting and thanks Charlie for such a heartfelt speech. I love when he breaks down the barriers of race, creed and color; we are all human beings or rather human God beings becoming according to the Handbook for the New Paradigm. Given that he's pushing democracy tells me it's still a dualistic mindset that still causes separation and isn't really the solution to all problems. It's our vibrations that attract to us the situations and the controllers know how to control our vibrations. Truly, ignorance is the source of all suffering. We are vibrational beings and when we learn to become aware of that, it truly empowers us. As Abraham Hicks said so plainly, "You can't rid the world of things that bother you, You have to rid your vibration of the things that bother you."

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The Hitler photo was taken during a “reunion” at the Lake McDonald Lodge in Glacier National Park, Montana, on August 27, 1997. According to Skorzeny, Adolph Hitler was alive and well in the U.S. in 1997!

Seriously, look at that picture. It was taken during WW2 and not 1997!
While much of what is in that piece sounds believable that picture is certainly not credible evidence.
Not that the Bushes haven't been working hard to destroy America, that much is true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join