It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members ages.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The age of the Universe is beyond Mans comprehension, infinite.
The age of our Sun and Earth is estimated to be 4.6 billion years old. (current best guess)
The Age of Homo Sapiens is approximately 150,000 years old.
The Average life span of a Homo Sapien by todays standards is 75 years old.

In 75 years it is impossible to learn all the species has learned in 150,000 years. In 150,000 years it is impossible for the species to learn all that the Earth has learned in 4.6 billion years. In 4.6 billion years, it is impossible for the Earth to know all knowledge contained in an Infinite Universe.

We are all babies. Learn from each other. Age is irrelevant.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
The age of the Universe is beyond Mans comprehension, infinite.
The age of our Sun and Earth is estimated to be 4.6 billion years old. (current best guess)
The Age of Homo Sapiens is approximately 150,000 years old.
The Average life span of a Homo Sapien by todays standards is 75 years old.

In 75 years it is impossible to learn all the species has learned in 150,000 years. In 150,000 years it is impossible for the species to learn all that the Earth has learned in 4.6 billion years. In 4.6 billion years, it is impossible for the Earth to know all knowledge contained in an Infinite Universe.

We are all babies. Learn from each other. Age is irrelevant.

With Love,

Your Brother

Reductionism. Often used in sales to reduce the perceived price of something to the ridiculous.

What are you selling??

Korg.

edit on 10-1-2011 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity
Reductionism. Often used in sales to reduce the perceived price of something to the ridiculous.

What are you selling??

Korg.

Understanding my friend, and it is free.

If you do not like someone's approach at sharing their views, it is best to educate, not denigrate, by demonstrating through your own actions how best to get a point across.

Then they can share their view, and you get to catch a glimpse of a sight you would not see otherwise.

The value you place on that sight is up to you, but it is one you will never ever get from another person.

To me, that is priceless.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

What are you selling??

Korg.

Understanding my friend, and it is free.

My view is that anything that has taken little effort to obtain is appreciated less.

If you do not like someone's approach at sharing their views, it is best to educate, not denigrate, by demonstrating through your own actions how best to get a point across.

It is not that I dislike your approach, I dislike very little and appreciate everything for what it appears to be. In your case your words are meant in kind.

I simply disagree with your measurment scale and relation to human lifespan.

To me, that is priceless.

For me there are only two things that are priceless - Sencient Life and Time

Ironic then that both those things are sold on a daily basis driven by our stupid ideas of what utopia is.

Korg.

edit on 11-1-2011 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join