It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Now, Working Alone in a Haunted House...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It's too bad that you don't have an audio recorder of some type. It would be interesting to see what you'd pick up, if anything.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
OK, its 1 a.m., I'm not quite done, but I'm tired and I have to be at my real job at 8 a.m., so I'm going home. There were a couple of times I thought I heard voices, but they could have been outside. There was one time that I was startled and looked up for no apparent reason. I didn't hear or see anything, but I still jumped and looked up. Don't know what that was about, probably just my mind playing tricks on me. I will step over into the attic and snap a couple of more photos before I leave. If they are any good, I will post them in the morning.

All in all, it is a neat old house, I like coming here, it is comfortable to me. It has an enormous amount of history dating back over 150 years! It is well built, pretty, and functional after all this time. I think the other investigators may have been a little overzealous. Then again, I have often said that nothing ever happens to skeptics. I guess there could be a number of explanations for why that is, but I have a feeling I could walk right into the Amityville house, and as long as I was aggressively seeking some action it would never happen.

Thanks for playing along. If there is anything good on my phone when I get home, I will upload it tomorrow.

For the record, I have had one very scary paranormal experience.

When my baby was very ill I was very blasphemous and angry. I thought I was going to lose him, and I didn't think it was right. I decided to have a real "coming to Jesus" meeting. I have keys to my Masonic Lodge, I couldn't sleep, so I drove up at about 1 a.m., went inside, in the dark, knelt in front of the altar and began to berate God and dare him to prove me wrong. I was feeling pretty bold, fearless, desperate, and angry. After some specific dares and blasphemes, I had an overwhelming sense that the ground was rising up under me and I jumped to my feet and sprang backwards. There was a rumbling noise, a vibration in the floor, and a real force that strongly pushed up and backwards on me. After half running away, I felt silly and realized nothing had happened so I started to walk outside, but I had this strong sense and fear that something was diving or flying at me from behind. I spun around and kind of ducked but nothing was there. I was pretty scared at that point, so I backed out of the building and onto the sidewalk, called my brother, told him what was up, and told him that I was going back in to finish the conversation. I asked him to come get me if I hadn't called back in 30 minutes. I went back in, knelt down, refused to be scared, although I was a little more humble and polite, I was still very direct. Nothing else happened. I finished my prayer, called my brother, and left. I don't know if what I felt was real, or if it was just my fear welling up inside me. The baby had struggled for almost three months, but the next day, after some tense moments with doctors and authorities, they finally transferred him, got him the surgery and within 3 days he was healed up! I don't know if it was the prayer, my stubbornness, or just a coincidence, but things starting going better for the little guy and he is now a perfect 3 year old!

I think I got God's attention in both a good and a bad way. I think it was a cop out when I used my brother as a safety net, so I lost my direct link. I think if I had maintained my approach without concern for my own safety, I might have really experienced something life changing! (or ending!)
edit on 3-12-2010 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
OK, its 1 a.m., I'm not quite done, but I'm tired and I have to be at my real job at 8 a.m., so I'm going home. There were a couple of times I thought I heard voices, but they could have been outside. There was one time that I was startled and looked up for no apparent reason. I didn't hear or see anything, but I still jumped and looked up. Don't know what that was about, probably just my mind playing tricks on me. I will step over into the attic and snap a couple of more photos before I leave. If they are any good, I will post them in the morning.

All in all, it is a neat old house, I like coming here, it is comfortable to me. It has an enormous amount of history dating back over 150 years! It is well built, pretty, and functional after all this time. I think the other investigators may have been a little overzealous. Then again, I have often said that nothing ever happens to skeptics. I guess there could be a number of explanations for why that is, but I have a feeling I could walk right into the Amityville house, and as long as I was aggressively seeking some action it would never happen.

Thanks for playing along. If there is anything good on my phone when I get home, I will upload it tomorrow.

For the record, I have had one very scary paranormal experience.

When my baby was very ill I was very blasphemous and angry. I thought I was going to lose him, and I didn't think it was right. I decided to have a real "coming to Jesus" meeting. I have keys to my Masonic Lodge, I couldn't sleep, so I drove up at about 1 a.m., went inside, in the dark, knelt in front of the altar and began to berate God and dare him to prove me wrong. I was feeling pretty bold, fearless, desperate, and angry. After some specific dares and blasphemes, I had an overwhelming sense that the ground was rising up under me and I jumped to my feet and sprang backwards. There was a rumbling noise, a vibration in the floor, and a real force that strongly pushed up and backwards on me. After half running away, I felt silly and realized nothing had happened so I started to walk outside, but I had this strong sense and fear that something was diving or flying at me from behind. I spun around and kind of ducked but nothing was there. I was pretty scared at that point, so I backed out of the building and onto the sidewalk, called my brother, told him what was up, and told him that I was going back in to finish the conversation. I asked him to come get me if I hadn't called back in 30 minutes. I went back in, knelt down, refused to be scared, although I was a little more humble and polite, I was still very direct. Nothing else happened. I finished my prayer, called my brother, and left. I don't know if what I felt was real, or if it was just my fear welling up inside me. The baby had struggled for almost three months, but the next day, after some tense moments with doctors and authorities, they finally transferred him, got him the surgery and within 3 days he was healed up! I don't know if it was the prayer, my stubbornness, or just a coincidence, but things starting going better for the little guy and he is now a perfect 3 year old!

I think I got God's attention in both a good and a bad way. I think it was a cop out when I used my brother as a safety net, so I lost my direct link. I think if I had maintained my approach without concern for my own safety, I might have really experienced something life changing! (or ending!)
edit on 3-12-2010 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

Now that is an interesting experience in the lodge - glad to know that your child is fine now

When I was young (8 years old), I did something similar but did not experience anything...

Interesting thread - I'd like to see some more photos. Enjoy your stay there

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretSky

Haha! You resurrected an old thread from this winter, but coincidentally, I will be working in that house tonight. I usually work there on Tuesdays!

I will post in this thread if I get any decent activity. We had a big storm move through last night, and it is still very windy, so the old house will probably be rocking and rolling!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join