It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberty over Equality

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Can you be more constructive or expound on your view point?

No.

I know this seems hard to respond to in your extent of your views that those who call for equality are "losers". Use critical thinking, a bit of intuition and some general thought to fill out your views.

Im not interested in talking to you, filling out my views or hearing your view.

I made a statement that contrasts with the general consensus. The statement as such stands and provides people ample opportunity to think about what was said and why it might be said without me spoon feeding additional data.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

What general consensus does your statement that those who call for equality are losers?

You seemed interested in presenting your views but only vaguely. You then veil your views as if they are the axiom of human thought.

I recognize the futility in this post to you.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

BUT. The two are closely interwoven. With our freedoms, we might try to do anything. But without equality, we might not have the fair chance to succeed.

I think you are misinterpreting what "equality" really is . It is actually cutting off the legs of giants to make them "equal" to lessor beings.

If a place discriminates, boycott it, setup in direct competition to it, take out a full page newspaper ad.

"Equality" is the license to oppress others.

I went through discrimination in the 1960 - 1970 era and it changed my live, but I still would rather have FREEDOM instead of the travesty called "Equality" that we have now.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by Misoir

I think you and I have different beliefs in what equality is. Theres this idea from many people, conservatives in particular, that equality equates to "force" or "affirmative action" when it is not necessarily so. To me equality is the recognition that all american citizens hold equal constitutional rights and nobody, not the states, not the federal government, has the right to strip that from you. Alot of people have purposefully spread disinformation about equality to make people fear things about it that just isn't necessarily connected. Equality is the recognision that we are all born equal, and our rights stay the same.

"Equality" to me has little to do with force.

Yes and no.

We are born inherently free yes, however this is not what the OP is trying to say. The OP is saying that we can either have what we have earned in life or give/receive portions of what we have to people who may have not made the best choices in life. (Bankers come to mind.)

In fiscal terms:

Everyone should be equal in the opportunities they have in life, but to say they should skate through life with handouts is not fair. No one person on this earth is born into equally, but only is a system of liberty can a person have a chance at earning equality, or better.

In terms of human rights:

Racism, sexism or any "-ism" that the equality agenda claims that a system of liberty brings, is rubbish and disinfo you might find in left wing media. A system of liberty does not promote any of those "-isms", it is mankind that hold those issues. A system of Liberty would protect the rights of men, woman, blacks, whites, or any other race by allowing fiscal equality. The equality I just spoke of, and I think you are speaking is a different definition of the same word. While humans should be seen upon as equal, equality in a system of finance is destructive to America.

In conclusion:

I believe we all have good intentions left and right, but the OP is speaking fiscally, or economically, and you are speaking about human rights, in which case I believe most people here agree.

Equality in human rights, liberty in economic. That is what America is supposed to look like.

Unfortunately, government has colluded with big business and has given them handouts, which is not a part of the laissez-faire system. This is part of the equality system, which really when you think about it, is not equal, its just downright theft from someone, which the media and government love to call... redistribution of wealth.

Its always the middle class that gets the shaft, but its the middle class that make America.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Liberty is the freedom from restraints on thought or on action. The ability to be free from slavery and captivity, it is the maximum of individual responsibility, dignity, and development. You are free to become a millionaire or live in poverty. That is your right so long as you do not infringe upon another person’s right to do the same. You are free to attend college for five PhD’s if you so choose but it also the freedom to never have attended school so long as it was your choice.

==
“Small” entry point error: criteria of thinking.

Example:
“That is your right so long as you do not infringe upon another person’s right to do the same.”

Who decided that it is the right of person?
And why “right” and not “left”?
Who decided the criteria of the positioning?
..do you feel the difference?
Just an idea to think about…

But you have very interesting point in beginning:
“The ability to be free from slavery and captivity, it is the maximum of individual responsibility…”
Exactly.
So, “the maximum of individual responsibility” – this mean that the liberty, the ability to be free is first of all the responsibility of human being itself.
Very important point.

Originally posted by Misoir
Equality is the belief that everyone should be equal.

Exactly – “is the belief”.
When someone want to take something that not belongs to him at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join