It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Vietnam 7/6/2010?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

That is clearly wrong, here is a screen grab from stellarium at the location, at 9pm local time:

So planets and stars were visible, and it is clearly jupiter, it is at the right height, and, well, it looks like Jupiter should on a nice clear night.

EDIT: I noticed I had set the day to the 5th, but I assure you there is no change on the 6th.
edit on 2/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

Let's not jump to conclusions. Nice screen shot of the stars, yet your statement that it's the right height doesn't jive. From the video, the object is approximately 30 degrees above the horizon, and in your screen shot, Jupiter is approx 80 degrees above the horizon, thus, the object should have been much higher. Your screen shot more likely proves that it wasn't Jupiter more than it proves that it was.

I'm not saying it wasn't Jupiter, only that the screen shot you provided would say otherwise. Find a screen shot with Jupiter at 30 degrees and you'll have made your case.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
S&F
for you who captured it in HCM city.......where I am originally from

secondline.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
It is really embarrassing when you mistake a star for a UFO, however we have all done it. It does however help people to start paying closer attention and that always brings them closer to actually seeing one.

I've never mistaken a star for a UFO, so, we haven't all done it. I can understand seeing a satellite moving across the night sky, but a star doesn't move, so who would think a star is an UFO? Seems kind of childish to make such a leap. Then again, I've never claimed to have seen an UFO, even tho I believe.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cdesignmaster

Oh boy I sure have. Sometimes its a matter of awareness, you look at the same piece of sky everynight for years and years and then one night you look up and the brightest, twinkling star shoots out a rainbow of beautiful light and seems to be there just like a personal show just for you.

If only for an instant or more if its a really brilliant display, the thought crosses your heart that what you are seeing is not of this world.

For me having had extremely close encounters, I do not have to believe and so like a child with a heart full of openness, I still make boo boos in the night sky over satellites and stars from time to time.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It reminded me the story of the Russian anti-aircraft battery in the Vietnam
and the UFOs.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
You know I tried capturing the stars with my high end Canon 5DII cameras several times and I failed because of the polluting city lights. Theres a big chance the object is not a planet. Im still 50/50 on this one

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by vinunleaded

Really? yesterday morning I took these photos of Venus with my mobile phone camera, which is a bit naff, lol. My town is heavily lit:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f3306e43bab.jpg[/atsimg]

Now notice what happens when I zoom in, you get the same effect seen in the OP video footage when the cameraman zooms in:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf1a71a7ff8a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

That's what happens when you use a digital zoom. A digital zoom doesn't actually zoom in, but more or less crops and expands, thus the blurring. I probably didn't need to tell you that as you most likely already knew it, but some people don't.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the insight. Ill try to capture venus next time and see if I get the same results.

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by vinunleaded

Really? yesterday morning I took these photos of Venus with my mobile phone camera, which is a bit naff, lol. My town is heavily lit:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f3306e43bab.jpg[/atsimg]

Now notice what happens when I zoom in, you get the same effect seen in the OP video footage when the cameraman zooms in:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf1a71a7ff8a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Hmmm!

You won't see any clear star-filled nights here in HCMC. I thought I covered it before, but maybe you overlooked my post. The pollution index here is horrendous and if that's coupled with the predominantly overcast nights you might be lucky to see a full moon.

You can beat the video to death if you want, but a digital camera will create the same blurred effects whether your target is a planet or an alien spacecraft.

I live in a high-rise apartment building on the corner and have a 270 degree view of the entire city.

This video is a good find in my opinion.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by cdesignmaster

Yes, thats why I pointed it out, the camera is clearly using normal zoom, then digital zoom kicks in creating the blurred image.
edit on 7/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FactFinder

I'm not disagreeing with you, I have never been to Ho Chi Minh city, but there must be some clear nights, I found this site talking about amateur astronomers clubs there, that regularly hold star gazing sessions around the city.

www.spacegeneration.org...
edit on 7/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I haven't heard of any amateur astronomy club here, but I wouldn't be surprised. Unfortunately, I am sure they would have to travel outside the city at least an hour to get anything worth looking at.

There might be an occasional clear night, but I haven't personally seen any. Don't get me wrong. HCMC is a great town with lots of action going on, but it's also the hub of industry and business in Vietnam. Crowded, noisy and polluted is an understatement.

Cheers.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join