It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange: Arrest by british police expected in days.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Assange: Arrest by british police expected in days.

www.independent.co.uk

Julian Assange, the WikiLeaks founder, is expected to be arrested in the coming days after Swedish prosecutors filed a new warrant with British authorities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Assange captured
edit on 2/12/10 by TedHodgson because: spelling

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I personally think this is ridiculas, the guy has broken american laws and thier willing to "Frame" him in order to stop thier embarrasment, dont get me wrong thier may be some truth behind these rape allegations, but its something that the swedish legal system should deal with and america should have no part, However im quite sure the feds will be on to him as soon as hes back in sweden.

Besides he seems like a decent guy, i hope he gets a fair trail

Assage has also denied that the described warrent is VALID!

www.reuters.com...

edit on 2/12/10 by TedHodgson because: spelling

edit on 2/12/10 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/12/10 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/12/10 by TedHodgson because: Bear urine

edit on 2/12/10 by TedHodgson because: bear lipstick

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Does that mean, Marianne Ny now remembered how to fill in the formulas? Wow! Sweden is going to become a leading country soon!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

Calm down america probably "Helped" them fill out all the paperwork

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Notice that the world has known he had the State Department cables for many months and didn't do anything about it. Also notice that once he starts talking about bringing down a big bank (or banks) they start getting serious?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Well if this is true I am expecting to see the password for the insurance file release immediately after his arrest. Run your Assange off Julian!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Notice that the world has known he had the State Department cables for many months and didn't do anything about it. Also notice that once he starts talking about bringing down a big bank (or banks) they start getting serious?

I completely agree there, These things like MOney seem to whip the feds into action though

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
So, that means we know where our target is!

Dec 7, Bankrun!

second
edit on 2-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Not me ill be at the pub

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
So now we have in England
1. Student riots over tuition fees,, bunch of geeks meh
2, Britian LOSES WORLD CUP ,,,,,,,,,,bid to Russian gangsters, is what the british papers are saying as we read.
So now we have disgruttled geeks,, soccer hooligans,, and Wikileaks fans ALL going together to bust Assange out of Jail,, in a show of overwhelming support for the return of Liberty and the moving forward the Rights of Liberty!

Well it could happen

Ohh wait that was France,,guess it will have to be for something different.
edit on 2-12-2010 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I am just confused about Assange,whether he is doing something wrong or not ? I can't judge totally ... But i really don't want him to be arrested, i also don't know the reason .......

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lafaso870

Hes been arrested by the swedish for a rape charge undoubtedly a false charge created by america who are pissed off because he humiliated them and will continue to do so via wikileaks untill someone stops him

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Smoke and mirrors.

Heres how i see it playing out....

He gets "caught" and beats the charge.
Then he comes out squeky clean and can run around saying,"look they tried to frame me,for "exposing" them"!

And then people will truly believe this guy is the real deal.

Im not buying any of this script,this is all a game and Jullian is a tool in sheeps clothing.

edit on 2-12-2010 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
CNN Sure love when they hear the news when he will get arrested and you know what? they actually believe that he really did rape the women

So much for a fair and balance reporting.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
Smoke and mirrors.

Heres how i see it playing out....

He gets "caught" and beats the charge.
Then he comes out squeky clean and can run around saying,"look they tried to frame me,for "exposing" them"!

And then people will truly believe this guy is the real deal.

Im not buying any of this script,this is all a game and Jullian is a tool in sheeps clothing.

edit on 2-12-2010 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

Tuff week too be a Sheep then ,,

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
no more sex for the swedes thats for sure

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

The second he is taken into custody he will be handed over to US authorities.

If the US has pushed Sweden and the UK to issue arrest warrants for him, they wouldnt stop there.

They'd indeed pressure them to handing him over to american authorities on a place back to DC.

Just like they did the suspects that ended up in guantanamo.

If Julian is caught game over he will not be tried in a civilian court, he will be treated exactly like an enemy of the state.

...but, the USA will not be able to stop the password being released. I believe thats the only saving grace he has.

Incredible, JA managed to checkmate them before the game even began.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Will there be passwords needed at the Next Level of Files ,, God i hope so Bwaahahaaahaaa lol

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by Lafaso870

Hes been arrested by the swedish for a rape charge undoubtedly a false charge created by america who are pissed off because he humiliated them and will continue to do so via wikileaks untill someone stops him

I still can't figure out why people are so adamant that he couldn't have raped anybody. We don't know who Assange really is, what his motives are, or what he is capable of. People get so blinded by that fact that he's attacking the US government that they completely ignore anything that would tarnish his reputation.

Maybe it's a false charge. Maybe he actually did rape two women. We just don't know. That said, people need to stop treating him like a new Jesus and realize that he's human and therefore subject to the same failings as everyone else in the world. People need to stop crying conspiracy every time something negative is said about him.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Looks like he will be arrested today...

Scotland Yard 'will arrest wanted WikiLeaks boss today'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

By the time he either clears these charges, or is convicted...the U.S. (and other nations?) will have had time to complete their investigations into his leaking activities - and he will move into custody over those criminal acts.

I would say his globe trotting days are likely over.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join