It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

house censures representative Charlie Wrangle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Wrangle censured for not paying taxes on income earned from Dominican Republic property.
Updated 6:02 p.m. Eastern Time

Veteran Rep. Charles Rangel has been censured by the House of Representatives despite a last-minute plea for leniency from the 80-year-old Harlem Democrat.

The vote to censure was 333-79. 170 Democrats voted for censure.

Rangel said the vote was "painful" to accept and suggested it "reflects the political tide and the constituency of this body." He said he knows in his heart that he is not going to be judged by "this Congress" but rather by his lifetime of accomplishments.

"Compared to where I've been, I haven't had a bad day since," he concluded in his brief comments, prompting applause from House members.

Rangel made the statement following the public reading of the censure resolution by House speaker Nancy Pelosi. It was a a humiliating moment for the onetime chairman of the influential Ways and Means Committee, who stood in the chamber stone-faced as a dour Pelosi read the resolution.

www.cbsnews.com...
he made a non apologetic apology and blamed a "different set of standards".

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
Wrangle censured for not paying taxes on income earned from Dominican Republic property.
Updated 6:02 p.m. Eastern Time

Veteran Rep. Charles Rangel has been censured by the House of Representatives despite a last-minute plea for leniency from the 80-year-old Harlem Democrat.

The vote to censure was 333-79. 170 Democrats voted for censure.

Rangel said the vote was "painful" to accept and suggested it "reflects the political tide and the constituency of this body." He said he knows in his heart that he is not going to be judged by "this Congress" but rather by his lifetime of accomplishments.

"Compared to where I've been, I haven't had a bad day since," he concluded in his brief comments, prompting applause from House members.

Rangel made the statement following the public reading of the censure resolution by House speaker Nancy Pelosi. It was a a humiliating moment for the onetime chairman of the influential Ways and Means Committee, who stood in the chamber stone-faced as a dour Pelosi read the resolution.

www.cbsnews.com...

What he was trying to say without saying it is that everybody else does it and does it well, why did I get caught and censured.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1cb1bf232e6f.jpg[/atsimg]

Apparently it does...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The part of this whole story that pisses me off the most is he was responsible for writing tax law as part of the ways and means committee and then claimed he was unaware of the tax laws. How many Dems have been outed for not paying taxes? When Obama was trying to make appointments after the election many were found to have cheated the system. They prosecute regular citizens to the maximum for similar charges.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
He should be on his way to prison................just my opinion. However, at last he was judged by a jury of his peers, all crooks and thieves. I guess hope and change don't apply here either......same old rules apply for the criminals in office.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Poor Charlie. He's been censured. I guess that means everyone stood around him, said, shame shame shame and then it was continue with business as usual. If the man had a conscience, he would have resigned. As much as I dislike both of the puke heads of the two-headed snake called the American Two Party System, at least some Republican pukebastards have the decency to resign when their misdeeds are discovered.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Many, many years ago I filed a 1040 short form because I had no deductions. Did not go to H&R Block because all I had to do was put in the amount I earned and subtract the allowed deduction and find the estimated tax on the chart. To my shame, I made a $10 math error. That error cost me $150. All this man has to do is pay back taxes (NO MENTION OF PENALTIES AND INTEREST) that have not expired and apologize ?????? I am VERY ANGRY.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
www.cbsnews.com...

Of course. He was hoping he would be judged under the "Hey, I'm a Congressman! I can do anything I want and get away with it" standard.

What an ass-hat. Bet he retires with his pension and his solid-gold healthcare package.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

All I have to say is would someone please come up with the TAR, I have been collecting the feathers.

new topics

top topics

join