It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Elder Scrolls V, Anyone?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
As mentioned Morrow-wind is a bit dated now - But it hooked me a lot more than Oblivion ever did. As always I would play an Argonian rogue - crossing the line between good and neutral - more of a selfish neutral character.

My favourite moment of the game, was discovering a dagger of levitation, which allowed me to gain access to the elusive Mage towers, allowing my trusty rogue to sneak upon those foul mages and kill them all - giving me access to a LOT of magic items and a base of sorts.

Oblivion seemed quite 'dumbed down' , as did FO3 - so i'm hoping Skyrim will have a little more punch.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if this has been posted but I think I'm about as excited as this guy for the game.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Absolutely loved Oblivion! Can't wait for Skyrim!!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Morrowind! I know I am a little late to this party but damn I loved that game. Making some supercharged magic weapon. Becoming a vampire. Personally my favorite thing was just going around looking for the hardest to find dungeons. Sometimes they would be part of a storyline you hadn't started yet, sometimes there would be something wacky in them, sometimes there would be barely anything there. In any case it was always fun and allowed you to feel much more connected since you really chose your path. Heh it always threw a curveball at you though there wasn't a character I played that I didn't at one time think "damn I wish my (stealth, charisma, strength, etc.) was higher right now".

Of course I would always grind a character a bit before questing. Haha anyone else jump everywhere to max out their acrobatics quickly? Once you got to 100 it was quicker to travel by jumping anyway. oh man im jonsing to play some MW now.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FEDec
Morrowind! I know I am a little late to this party but damn I loved that game. Making some supercharged magic weapon. Becoming a vampire. Personally my favorite thing was just going around looking for the hardest to find dungeons. Sometimes they would be part of a storyline you hadn't started yet, sometimes there would be something wacky in them, sometimes there would be barely anything there. In any case it was always fun and allowed you to feel much more connected since you really chose your path. Heh it always threw a curveball at you though there wasn't a character I played that I didn't at one time think "damn I wish my (stealth, charisma, strength, etc.) was higher right now".

Of course I would always grind a character a bit before questing. Haha anyone else jump everywhere to max out their acrobatics quickly? Once you got to 100 it was quicker to travel by jumping anyway. oh man im jonsing to play some MW now.

I love the music on MW. haven't played in a while though

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

Haha anyone else jump everywhere to max out their acrobatics quickly

Yep, and just stand there and let mud crabs beat up on me so I could get my armorer skill up! (by fixing the now banged up armor)...in Oblivion.

Nothing like jumping up on house rooftops and sniping foes when they can't reach you, etc.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I feel too much like I have to make a choice over this or my job, I can't ethically choose this over my job but I know I will be useless at work if I get this because I will never get sleep.

WWTDD?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
With Skyrim, BF3 and the new Star Wars MMO, I think there is a very real chance I will be single by Christmas...

But boy, I think Skyrim is so going to be worth it! I loved MW and Oblivion. I even bought the Oblivion GOTY pack on Steam a few weeks ago that had the expansions to tie me over till November.. Added in a few mods, such as Werewolves and a Francesco overhaul and the game is awesome!

I am currently a Vampire-hunting, thieving vampire assassin. I haven't even bothered with the main quest to rescue Shaun Bean at all, yet have managed 40hrs of gameplay doing the side quests and exploring. Not many games can give you that much gameplay without even playing the core story..

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I did enough of the main quest to get the free horse, then I pretty much avoided it the rest of the time. One of my better ideas, I saved up for this really cool staff you could buy that did a ton of damage. Then, I sought out Umbra and killed her for her sword and armor early on. I pretty much used that sword all through the rest of the game.

I can't wait for this game. Comes out just a couple weeks before my birthday, so you know what I've asked for... Hope it doesn't get me a divorce, hehe... I do see a few sick days in my future though...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I'll probably get this game a few months from release i'll let them game breaking bugs be fix'd first had some nasty experiences on morrowind and oblivion at release that really ruined the game for me...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tobree

PC or platform? Don't really have to worry about it as much on platforms. Besides, can be updated on the platforms too, if you have web connection.

I remember the duping glitch on Oblivion pretty well, hehe...makes it easy to buy that house you want..and that's all I ever really used it for. When playing more purist though, my favorite "free" house was Greyhaven. You just had to kill the occasional bandits that kept coming in. But, it was a free chest, within easy running distance to a pawn shop. So, a great place to store loot.

My favorite was the Anvil house though, just because I thought the secret passage was cool as heck (and the number of containers in the basement made it easy to organize everything.)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I'm a pc gamer but the first time i played oblivion was on the 360 and i remember during the main quest one of the guys i was suppose to go in a portal with was running on the spot and wouldn't move from there so i had to start again!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

I pre-ordered mine a few weeks ago and will get it tomorrow.

Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion and now I add Skyrim to my collection.

I knew there were a few Bethesda fans on ATS and came here to announce tomorrow's release (USA date) when I saw you had a thread.

I can't sleep already!

For the Emperor! (My arze
)

edit on 10/10/2011 by Trexter Ziam because: grammar syntax

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Hahahha....don't get over-excited...I hope you didn't clear all your plans.

Because you're a month early. It comes out NEXT month on the 11th. Not this month.

i.e. 11/11/11

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

You're right. Oh well, 1 vacation day saved.

A whole nuther month!

Daggerfall was the last one I had with horses. We DO get horses in Skyrim right? I wonder if we get the cart and wagon too.

Hi Ho Sera A-W-A-Y

Thank you!
edit on 10/10/2011 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join