It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Europe beware - an ice age has officially started

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
When there is a mile high glacier on my house, then I will worry.

Till then I will say, in the winter, it snows.

Man do I hate snow

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
UTTER CRAP ! ! !

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
reply to post by rabbigoldstein

How many feet of snowfall is "many many feet"? Ten? Twenty?

Could you please supply some factual data from a reliable source to back up your claim of snowfalls in the UK amounting to "many many feet". I have checked the UK Met. Office latest weather and I don't see any such extreme snowfall data there. Some places have over 30 cm of lying snow (mainly in the northern regions), but as even 60 cm is only around two feet (which can by no means be considered "many feet", let alone "many many"), I think you're grossly exaggerating in a vain attempt to back up your own notions that an ice age (planned by evil entities) has begun.

By the way, whatever source you can supply, it will need to be at least as reliable as the UK Met. Office.

Mike
edit on 2/12/10 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

In the opening sequence from the video supplied from 1963, workmen were shovelling snow from thigh high (2 feet) and waist high (3 feet) up to drifts about 12-15 feet high. Trains with snow ploughs were shown going into drifts as high as the locomotives themselves up to 20 feet high.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Except in Canberra! Humid and rainy for a week straight.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Geez guys! A little snow falls all over in Europe and you immediately says it's an ice age.

NEWSFLASH: It's winter for God's sake!

Winter = snow!

There is no ice age at all. England also saw similar heavy winters in the last century and whoa, we're still alive. If this would happen in the middle of Summer, I would say, okay, Ice Age. But it's winter.
edit on 3-12-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
reply to post by spikey

Well said mate! It cracks me up how some people go so over the top on how bad the weather is.

Now if we could just have a little more global warming please?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

But the UK and Europe do actually get snow in winter, and it's winter.

Now if Australia gets any snow at any time of the year, then you know
somethings not quiiiite right.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
i don't know what's worse, fear mongering or this ;
www.bbc.co.uk...

what in the world is happening - it's quite embarrassing

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by takethat
the weather is a little strange, maybe its to early to say its an ice age, Althought i noticed something Strange on the local news earlier in the week, I think it was Look North or Calender, A reporter was out in the snow, he mentioned he had heard claps of thunder, Im no weather man but isnt that extremly rare with snow clouds?

any weather experts?

I must admitt I thought of HARP experiments on that Jesse Ventura show, when that June girl did the experiment with the electricity in the glass box.

around the 3 min mark

width="480" height="385"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/ciKZCZ7bwD4?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Lets clarify a few things here.

1. Thundersnow as its called is caused by CONVECTION. As is Summer Thunderstorms. The difference in winter is that the lightning is generated by not only the energy in the atmosphere but also the transition intemperature. Its not really all that rare. The wind in the UK over the past 2 weeks has been mainly from the NE. This means that the wind has travelled over a slightly warmer sea (north Sea) compared to the land temperature. This warmer surface temp over the sea has created quite a large amount of convection. This has brough potent showers in off of the north sea. When these showers hit the even colder temp of the land, they dump their snow. This heavy snow and hail creates a charge in the surrounding atmoshpere and hey presto there is lightning. If this were January, then it wouldnt be as bad because teh sea would be cooler so less convection. It is because of the time of year that there is so much thundersnow. IT IS NOT HARRP

2. The UK id not headed for anothe ice age and people need to stop with this rediculous notion that it is. Yes another cold spell is on the way. It wil hit the Northern half of the Uk on Sunday (scotland). It could well last another 10-14 days but its because of a HP over Greenland that has happened for the last few years. The weather may be changing but it has always fluctuated. There have been notable 2-3 year period every decade. The 1960's, 70's, 80's, 90's and this is the turn of post 2000. People need to stop with this fearmongering. Its unfair to have others worried about this stuff when it is total BS.

3. Those that are claiming these things need to start posting legit sources for their info and not speculation and hear-say.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

What is a reptilian?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I live in Michigan on Lake Superior.

The snow is ALWAYS measured in feet here.

Nothing new to me.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Reptiles usually like the warmer climate of say Borneo and the tropical climates. Very informative and I see that you are really throwing out a lot of statements that may or may not hold water. I just have to beg the question of how do you know that this is going to happen to the rest of the world? I will give you a pass on a short term cycle, but the longer term is way up in the air. Do you support your views with anything to say back it up with? Long range forecasts usually prove themselves with computer driven models based on centuries of historical records. I'll have to wait and see if it all shakes out. You know Mother Nature will prove man more wrong than right in the long term.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

You've been watching too many Movies.... calm down and have a cup of tea/coffee...

What i will say is that supermarkets will be running low on stock because trucks won't be able to get through so maybe its a good time to stck up on a few weeks food, maybe about 4 weeks food just to be safe... soup is good to stock up, its cheap and obviously great on a freezing cold day/night.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

That is ridiculous fear mongering,this happens every year its called winter,and every time its always "the worst snow in 30 years" will last a few weeks then it will melt like it does every single year.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabbigoldstein
www.bbc.co.uk...

Within a month, the UK weather will be at the national emergency level.
Nobody will be able to leave their homes at christmas or the new year for fear of being literally crushed and buried under mounds of snow.

A select few will be taken to shelters and continue the human race.

You're nuts. It's a heavier snowfall than they've had in years, that's all. Start of the new ice age? Hardly.

They don't actually have that much snow in UK, it's just that it's an unusual amount for Britain, but not for other parts of the world, such as Scandinavia.

The Brits will go about their business with a little grumbling as normal. I have no idea how you can blame this on someone's 'evil plan'.

The airports reopened today. Go put your tinfoil hat back on.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I live in New England...BRING IT!!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This thread reminds me of one a few months back where some guy was convinced the world was going to end just because the moon was a little bit bigger than normal. So, it's been raining every day for a week now here in Canberra, Australia...OH MY GOD IT'S A MONSOON IT'S GOING TO WIPE OUT THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE AND IT'S ALL THE SATANIC REPTILIAN ILLUMINATI'S FAULT!!!!
Haha, another typical ATS thread this is, then.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I see snow everywhere.
We have December and we live in Europe. Probably this is the reason.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Deranged OP.......there is certainly no ice age starting!

however

The weather in the UK presently is highly unusual, low temperatures and snowfall levels are more significant than they have been for many years in many places.

Also for the people posting from various parts of the world ie: N America, Eastern Europe, Canada etc with testosterone fuelled posts of 3 or 4 feet of level snow ...........I get that you have massive falls of snow, and I get that you have temps of -50c in the winter, but that is normal for you guys, and you cope admirably with it!............................but what we have for various parts of the UK right now is NOT normal..........and it's not been normal for that last few winters/summers!

I do not for one minute think that a new ice age is upon us, but I do think that Mother Nature has a few tricks up her sleeve for some of us over the next few years.
edit on 3/12/2010 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I live on the Isle of Wight. If the Solent freezes over THEN we are in an Ice age, till then, its called Winter.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join