It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Europe beware - an ice age has officially started

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
There were frequent ice ages in the 1930 - 1950's they happened every winter.

second.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
now that we are all agreed that this is the start of an ice age, maybe we can have suggestions on survival

post links tips and ideas to food supplies and staying warm

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabbigoldstein
well you can make the snark comments and remarks it doesnt change anything

the UK is literally covered in snow right now

That's because it's winter - it comes after Autumn!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Don't be silly, we are not heading towards an ice age, the fact is happens every few decades proves that, it happens once in a while, and it's not affecting the whole UK.

I live on the very far North west of England, just before the Scottish border, here are some photos I took this morning on my way to work:

View from my front door:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/81819949cdf8.jpg[/atsimg]

View of the train station:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4a4bda0bc90.jpg[/atsimg]

View of the docks (look real hard and you can see the hills of Scotland in the background):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/75f5ca6942ca.jpg[/atsimg]

View of the rail goods yard:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df05b68dca27.jpg[/atsimg]

View of the railway:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/78116af45034.jpg[/atsimg]

View of a signal box:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8221e7be47f9.jpg[/atsimg]

Finally got to work and view of the car park whilst smoking a fag:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c58efb4bc6be.jpg[/atsimg]

So as you can see, a little bit of snow, and sure it was bloody cold, but no ice age here matey, sorry.
edit on 2/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
this article states that 2010 will be the warmest in years?

www.scoop.co.nz...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rabbigoldstein

i wouldnt laugh, even on the news right now im hearing about a second ice gust heading for the uk in a week or two, which means even if this dies down, theyll be no rest, more and more snow will pile on...

This is natural and expected. At least it is expected by those of us who do not listen to the propaganda from the mass media.

1. Solar energy reached a summer maximum (9% higher than at present) ca 11 ka ago and has been decreasing since then, primarily in response to the precession of the equinoxes. [Milankovitch cycle] click

2, During the last century the sun has been very active but with cycle 24 the sun has now gone into a long minimum with "unusual characteristic"s according to NASA and the Solar Dynamics Observatory Mission News

3. The ocean cycle (PDO) has turned cool. This has changed the pattern of the jet streams. www.appinsys.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabbigoldstein

edit on 2-12-2010 by rabbigoldstein because: (no reason given)

Is that a wire fence in the background? I thought you had stone hedges and fences that last for generations in GB

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Don't worry,Australia is next on his list,probably round about April.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I live in the Netherlands and yes... we also have snow and temperatures of minus 5 degrees Celsius....

But that is just normal for the time of the year...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Do you happen to know when the ice age is going to reach Israel?Maybe the Reptillians won't bother with Israel and we can all move there!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
My God its started to snow again!

Grab your loved ones, board up your windows and light the fire! Good luck and God's speed.

Sorry I can't help but jest. Seriously mate go outside make a snowman, maybe some snow angels and just chill (ba boom tss). You'll see a little snow ain't that evil, TBH I blame the MSM for making you so paranoid.

Peace.
ALS

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Im in europe right now and can tell you there is nothing extraordinary at all. It is not warmer but it is still part of a global warming
. The medias have to say "its incredible its snowing in winter, omg its the colder year of the century" and all people are listening to them in awe shocked like it never happened, when last year was the same. Really you all are just like brainless puppets. And the medias are the strings. Im still wondering about the puppeteer though...

lol thread

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Undie

If you read my post above, and look at my pics, I am disagreeing with it, there is barely any snow here in the NW UK, it's all poo (the media reports), in fact i'm sure it snowed like this in 1997, there is no doom and gloom, just a bit of winter time snow

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Undie

Really you all are just like brainless puppets. And the medias are the strings. Im still wondering about the puppeteer though...

For the Puppeteers start with Maurice Strong (World Bank) and Ged Davis (Shell Oil) and follow the connections... straight to Big Oil and the Bankers, who else.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
im in N.E. england, and its damn cold, of coarse the uk media never shuts up about snow. although its not cold compared to alot of country's including mainland europe. but it is unusually cold, i'm blaming the gulf oil spill, though i havent ruled out reptilians yet.
also , it is really cold.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

All this nonsense about the Weather changing is absolutey ridiculous.How many people can remember the 60's,when we had Snow from November until March,and it wasn't 6 inches deep,it was 3 feet deep.The roads were always gritted and the country kept moving.The Railways never stopped running,neither.Climate change is a load of old cobblers,as the climate has been changing for the past 3 billion years or more.In the 1850's the Thames used to ice over,but we are still here!A few loonies may believe it is the start of another ice age,but that's because they have never seen a real winter.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
On the Weather Channel this morning they were saying "lake effect" snow could dump up to two feet of snow on Buffalo today. Where I live in the St. Lawrence valley we haven't even had an inch of snow yet. One of the things I do when we have alot of snow is bank the house. If we have real lot, I'll put snow right up to the first floor windows. It was some thing my grandfather taught me along time ago. I believe it helps insulate your house a little better. I'd say you should be able to survive the winter. Who knows, maybe it will rain and wash away all the snow.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
On the Weather Channel this morning they were saying "lake effect" snow could dump up to two feet of snow on Buffalo today. Where I live in the St. Lawrence valley we haven't even had an inch of snow yet. One of the things I do when we have alot of snow is bank the house. If we have real lot, I'll put snow right up to the first floor windows. It was some thing my grandfather taught me along time ago. I believe it helps insulate your house a little better. I'd say you should be able to survive the winter. Who knows, maybe it will rain and wash away all the snow.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

On the basis of the gulf stream change I also think we are shifting in that direction but not for a couple more years.

But I don't think it will cover the entire wold like some are thinking but I do think the places that snow melts to water it will still be colder due to all the sun being reflected by snow/ice.
edit on 2-12-2010 by robbinsj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Here in NZ we are being told to expect a hotter and drier summer than we have had for 50 years. Quite looking forward to that but I bet the poor farmers aren't.

As for an ice age, I guess time will tell on that one but even if it is so it will only bury some of the northern hemisphere. Down south we will be ok! The whole world won't go under ice. But, why is everyone getting so worked up and attacking the poor poster? He made a prediction that time will show if he is right or not. None of us can say 100% for sure, though most suspect he is worng (as I do) but give the poor dude a break.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join