It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Possible Arson) Deadly fire in Mt Carmel, Israel, 42 already dead as fire fighters struggle to cont

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
www.globes.co.il...

"We have completely lost control of the fire," he said. "I call on all 1500 firefighters in Israel to contact their units and come to the fire in an orderly fashion. The fight for the Carmel is now a fight for Israel."

Prison guards, not prisoners, but guards, were being evacuated by bus, when the bus caught fire, with very little survivors. Israel is calling on other countries to help them as they have very poor fire fighting capabilities

"Currently, the State of Israel has no firefighting material. It's all finished."

Wouldn't it be amazing if Palestinian fire fighters helped them out? Not really sure if Palestine even has fire fighters that would be able to put out the fire, but if they teamed up to fight this cause together, who knows, maybe that could ease some of the tensions and maybe lead to peace. I know I'm wishfully thinking here but that has to be more practical then sending envoys from Italy or the United States.
edit on 2-12-2010 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
israeljewishnews.blogspot.com...

The fire was reported to have started in multiple areas, indicating possible arson. This website is saying it is terrorist arson, but with not much proof other than signs of arson, not necessarily "terrorist" arson, but it is really bad so anything is possible.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Just FYI..They changed it to I think 27 dead and the others missing..
Tragic anyway..They were all prison gaurds on a bus..
I couldn't imagine the fear of being caught in a firestorm like that..

I've driven through part of where I live in melbourne.
We had huge fires last year, 160 dead..The fires rush through with strong winds and devastated whole towns.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

how long before they blame iran?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Undie

how long before they blame iran?

The mainstream is not mentioning arson, but other websites are saying it is terrorist arson. The fire started in three different locations from an illegal garbage dump, so either intentional or not it seems like it was perhaps man made. The bus that caught on fire couldn't drive faster than the fire, the flames caught up to the bus. How tragic. I'm sure if it was terrorist activity we'll be hearing a lot more about it. This seems to be a distraction from wikileaks but I can't see how they would stage something this tragic, the victims were cadets for prison guards, something they would consider highly valuable and not expendable. If it were prisoners, well then that would seem pretty suspicious, but prison guards, this seems really like it's an out of control event.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

how can the country with 2nd strongest airforce IN THE WORLD, NOT have at least one fire truck to spare? Come on sheople, bucking BAAAAAA, are you really buying this? Of course you are, you buy everything.

Nice try Israel, but I know where all of my tax dollars are really going, don't sing for me mockingbirds, I ain't believing it, Israels got money, and they are the OTHER branch of The US Military.

hey, my little lambs, if you believed one shred of this story, then you need to GROW A BRAIN.

I'm so done with "The Holy Land" I can spit.

The acronym for today is "AIPAC"
edit on 2-12-2010 by leira7 because: AIPAC AIPAC AIPAC Media Terrorists

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7

how can the country with 2nd strongest airforce IN THE WORLD, NOT have at least one fire truck to spare? Come on sheople, bucking BAAAAAA, are you really buying this? Of course you are, you buy everything.

Nice try Israel, but I know where all of my tax dollars are really going, don't sing for me mockingbirds, I ain't believing it, Israels got money, and they are the OTHER branch of The US Military.

hey, my little lambs, if you believed one shred of this story, then you need to GROW A BRAIN.

I'm so done with "The Holy Land" I can spit.

The acronym for today is "AIPAC"
edit on 2-12-2010 by leira7 because: AIPAC AIPAC AIPAC Media Terrorists

My guess is they spent all their foreign aid money on military and not fire fighting? I'm also sick of the holy land too but I'm not quite convinced that this is a false flag. Prison guards were killed, they aren't expendable like prisoners. The fire seems uncontrollable and Israel is asking other nations for help, I think they would handle their own problems before they wait for other people to do it when it comes to a fire in their own backyard.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

The news in Australia says Israel called up all their 1500 firefighters but still asked for help with air firefighting..
It did say it was only a few hundred hectares which by aussie standards is a small fire..

Bit strange but not much information yet..

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by leira7

The news in Australia says Israel called up all their 1500 firefighters but still asked for help with air firefighting..
It did say it was only a few hundred hectares which by aussie standards is a small fire..

Bit strange but not much information yet..

I heard Turkey also had fire fighters capable of putting out the fire but for some reason they didn't ask them. It was a commenter on Haaretz so hard to tell if it's trustworthy or not, but interesting if true.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I don't like to post in these threads for one reason, and I prolly wont ever post in one again lol...but this is why I hate the ME topic. A fire is raging in Israel and very FEW persons express concern for the loss of life. Only "pfft lets watch them blame Iran". But I'd place a HEFTY wager that if there was a blazing fire in Palestine right now we would hear all sorts of "OMG those poor people!!" (which IS warranted) and then "Death to ISRAEL!!" posts... it's ridiculous if you ask me.

God help the Victims and I wish the families of this tragedy well, and hope the number of casualties does not rise..
edit on 2-12-2010 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2010 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Obviously you didn't read my post, 3rd one down..
Or maybe you didn't read any before that little rant..

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Very tragic.
Does anyone else see the irony in a fire at "Mount Carmel"?
The branch Davidians at Waco called their place Mount Carmel too.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I wasn't talking to you, but I'm sure you get the point.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

A fire is raging in Israel and not ONE person expresses concern

Well if you wern't talking about everyone, including me, then you worded it very badly...
Just saying..

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Noted. Check my edited improved version.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Netanyahu is declaring this a day of mourning

www.jpost.com...

edit on 2-12-2010 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Cool, BTW that wasn't meant to be the tongue smile...
I do see your point but I also feel for anyone caught up in a tragedy.
And fire is one of the worst..
But I hope my post restored at least some of your faith in people's commpassion..

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by Wookiep

Cool, BTW that wasn't meant to be the tongue smile...
I do see your point but I also feel for anyone caught up in a tragedy.
And fire is one of the worst..
But I hope my post restored at least some of your faith in people's commpassion..

You did, thanks!
It just doesn't seem all that common anymore. Especially when dealing with tragedies in the (almost bad word now) country of Israel.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I feel for the victims, but more so because they are like sheep, just as with the Americans. It's not just this fire, it's tragic but not the first fire in history, though it seems like it is one of the worst in Israel's history. However, if they would just get along with their neighbors, Palestine could be helping them out, or Egypt, or Syria, but now they'll probably need the U.S. to do what any of their neighboring countries could do.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

This is tragic ! So this is a string of more fires in Israel this year. Probably the worst ever.
I feel so sorry for the victims and i really hope they will beat this

Some people are having a huge blast about this. They shouldn't ! Everyone is vulnerable then it comes to a fire. It can occur everywhere. Many countries go through this themselves, so planes from Greece and Bulgaria already there and more assistance is on it's way:

The planes landed at the Ramat David air base southeast of Haifa, an Army spokeswoman said, speaking anonymously according to military regulation. Spain, Croatia, Turkey, France, Russia, Azerbaijan, Cyprus, the U.K., Egypt and Romania have also pledged to send aircraft, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office said.

Israel expects about 20 planes from those countries to arrive during the course of the day, said Menachem Caspi, one of the firefighter commanders. The planes will have to work over the next few days until the blaze is fully extinguished, he said in a televised press conference from Haifa today

www.businessweek.com

new topics

<<   2 >>

join