It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anim�....how many members here like it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I guess this is the right place.....how many of you guys out of 15591+ members and a thousand some odd members that accualy post....like anim�? I've seen alot of anim� avatars (Mine is no exseption)....So I guess you can say I'm accualy taking a poll of all the members that like anim�.....and how manypeople here like it....

My favorites are:

Cowboy bebop, Wolf's Rain, Serial experiments Lain,
Big O, Trigun, Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2, Outlaw Star,
Tenchi Muyo!, Witch hunter robin

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I never was a huge anime fan but then I did catch some shows on cable TV and they were pretty fun.

Cowboy Beebop, and any of the Gundam series but mostly Wing were my first exposure to Anime.

But wait Im forgetting the show I watched religously when I was ten, and didnt know was anime.

Robotech.

Other than those three I dont have any fascination with Japanese culture or other characteristic signs of anime fanage.

But I live and die for robotech.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
W00t!

Robotech (aka Macross) was my first experience with anime, then followed by Gundam Wing.

Now my favorite series are Cowboy Bebop, and everything Gundam, other than Wing...

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I watched only one anime, and that was Gundam Wing the orginal one from a few years back. It was very good, I love sci/fi so it hit me. So I deciced to watch some more, and I hated them all, right from Dragon Ball Z to Cowboy Bepop.

Reason why I hated DragonBall Z, was becuase the good guys were way to strong and way too powerful, and the badg guys fell like flies. I hated Goku and Ii would root for the bad guys all the time. It was a crapfest.

Bepop, was too much like Pulp Fiction and tried to be it, and it failed.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Lain beats everything in my opinion. The only other thing I ever got obsessed with was Fushigi Yuugi. I even have Tamahome's demon/orge/little ghost symbol tattooed on my shoulder.

PS SUBTITLES ONLY!!! I hate voice dubbing into english.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I love anime too. "Ninja Scroll" is probably my all time favorite anime movie.

Check it out if you haven't seen it.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
My favorite anime is Escaflowne (the tv series, not the movie, though the movie was cool). Inuyasha is cool too, as well as Cowboy Bebop. Trigun should be cool but it's main character is a pussy even though he should be badass... I used to love DBZ, but not so much anymore. Escaflowne and Inuyasha are definitely favorites.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
i like anime, gundam, dbz, tenchi muyo and if digimon and pokemon counts, then those two too

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
ooo, even with the l33t e with the gayman slash above it, I might not be otaku enough for this thread! OMG!

I really liked this one called Ghost Sweeper, never seen it in english on in subtitles up at the college, translated by the anime club there. It's a funny show

I like bebop too, use to be a DBZ/GT fan, but got bored of that when I was about 18.
3x3 eyes was cool, never was a macross fan. Still love the Ghost in the Shell movie.

to be honest I haven't been watching any new stuff lately. I'm not into the hentai #, I prefer REAL pr0n.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'm a big fan of Inuyasha since my friends started getting me into anime. I've watched a little Yuyu Hakusho and Hiei is such a cutie! Witch Hunter Robin was an amazing series although it did not last long. I hope to see continuations of it soon.

Anyone watched the Evangelion series?

[Edited on 2-7-2004 by iceofspades]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
through 2nd 3rd and 4th grade DragonBallZ was the balls, but now im out of it. pokemon is garbage and digimon is alright sometimes but really i hate anime. Badonkadonk

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I HATE IT!

why> because if its so asian, then why are all the chicks white, blonde, and have BIG EYES?!?!?!?! plus, i just hate the storylines. bah!

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Perhaps it's because of the asian obession with western culture, rounded eyes, and noses. I saw a documentry where asian women and men get surgery to appear more western looking.

I think asian girls are HAWT!!!!

just say no to cosmetic surgery!

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a slight correction.

It's Ghost Sweeper Mikami.

it's hella funny.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
My son love them and like drawing pictures of his own, he also download movies all the time from episodes in the Internet, I think they are very much human like.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
I HATE IT!

why> because if its so asian, then why are all the chicks white, blonde, and have BIG EYES?!?!?!?! plus, i just hate the storylines. bah!

Accualy if you wach them some of them are like darker with colored hair or black hair....they arn't all blond....Ed, Su, Integra and Blue are prime examples....even though Blue is accualy a dog giving off the illusion of being human....

Also not all of them are blond....most of them have black or colored hair....like pink, green and purple...you just have to look.....and the big eye part is just a staple in anim� eversince like Kimba and Astro boy....

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hahhaa, whenever I think anime I think sailor moon HAHHA! Curiosity, I meant no offense, it was just a joke.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
i like it altough the pokemon and yugio crap sucks big time. i so wanna learn how to draw like that. i have an i dea for a comic book and would like to draw it like that

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
Hahhaa, whenever I think anime I think sailor moon HAHHA! Curiosity, I meant no offense, it was just a joke.

I didn't take offence....it was that just hear that from other non-anim� forums I go to alot and that's just my reaction too posts like that....I guess it's just a programed responce I guess.....

~

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
i like it altough the pokemon and yugio crap sucks big time.

I agree on that statement - Amen! - nothing but

My favorite anime is Kite, Ninja Scroll, Steel Angel, Ghost in the Shell, and Akira

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join