It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Court Orders First-Ever Destruction of a GMO Crop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Federal Court Orders First-Ever Destruction of a GMO Crop

truefoodnow.org

Today Federal District Judge Jeffrey S. White issued a preliminary injunction ordering the immediate destruction of hundreds of acres of genetically engineered (GE) sugar beet seedlings planted in September after finding the seedlings had been planted in violation of federal law. The ruling comes in a lawsuit filed by Earthjustice and Center for Food Safety on behalf of a coalition of farmers, consumers, and conservation groups
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Nice to see some people are still fighting for the people. Is this the first time Monsanto has ever "lost" any legal fights?? I can't recall any other.

I know it's a small victory but I'm going to stand up and do a little jig right now. Is there anything else that can be done to slow down or stop the gmo nightmare that is being perpetrated (particularly by Monsanto)?

truefoodnow.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

I am so very glad to see this.

I have no real problem with the idea of GMO but I do have a problem with the lack of safety, the political manipulation and down right nastiness of Monsanto. Oh and Monsanto is 85% controlled by financiers through the use of mutual funds. They use granny's pension to buy the stock but they vote it.

And also in the news: The Cargill-Monsanto joint venture... My to most hated companies.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
yea its called grow your own food
best way to do it.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
just sucks that monsanto has the money and the legal team to appeal this until it finds a judge who can be paid off to rule in their favor. great article tho op! s&f

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by eightonefive
just sucks that monsanto has the money and the legal team to appeal this until it finds a judge who can be paid off to rule in their favor. great article tho op! s&f

I agree and by the time monsanto appeals this and holds it up in court, the crops will probably already be harvested...
Though good on them for trying..Maybe if more did the same it would cost monanto plenty..

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

About time somebody did something about Monsantos.
I agree with the rest it's probably just a matter of time before some judge gets paid off.
Thank God for the Seed bank to protect biodiversity.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thank God for the Seed bank to protect biodiversity.

But who arranged the seed bank??
I never did find out..Perhaps I should look into that..

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

My husband told me about this - good news for a change! This GMO is the worst, most reckless assault to nature and agriculture. Hopefully, the tide is turning (if it's not too late!).

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This is brilliant news.

second

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I think I'll join you in that jig.....

we don't get much anymore, so lets celebrate this judge for using some common sense.

S&F

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by machines4200
yea its called grow your own food
best way to do it.

I totally agree if you have the ability to grow your own food, then do. I'm a huge proponent of permaculture and don't do as much as I should. The problem with these gmo crops though is that they are invasive species. They will have their pollen float through the air and pollinate your garden crops, and then guess what... Monsanto then owns your garden. This has been established by court precedent. How screwed up is that??? GMO's are a HUGE problem.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Wow, just amazing! A judge on the side of the people. Maybe there's still some hope.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
That's some of the best news I've heard lately. Kudos to that judge for being a decent human being, and having some kind of ethics. We need more of this!

Great thread OP!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Were you being sarcastic or didnt you know the seed bank they built on Spitzbergen island belongs to.....monsanto, and Bill Gates.....
I have heard that Monsanto has bought Blackwater(Xe)the mericinary outfit....

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Were you being sarcastic or didnt you know the seed bank they built on Spitzbergen island belongs to.....monsanto, and Bill Gates.....
I have heard that Monsanto has bought Blackwater(Xe)the mericinary outfit....

On the plus side, I suppose if we ever actually need that seed bank, gmo might be the least of our problems.
Unless they were dumb enough to stash it with terminator seeds. (big forehead slap) haha

Monsanto bought an "investigative" division of the company that was formerly known as Blackwater. Take it for what you will. It certainly raised some serious alarms for me, considering Monsanto's style of "investigation".
edit on 3-12-2010 by pirhanna because: added paragraph

new topics

top topics

join