It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan man may be the first to discover extraterrestrial life forms!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

A curious and quick-witted Michigan man may be the first to discover extraterrestrial life forms, beating NASA to the punch.

______beforeitsnews/story/289/748/Photos_of_Extraterrestrial_Life_Forms,_Alien_Microbes_Discovered_in_Michigan_Ice_Meteorite,_May_Be_From_Saturns _Moon_Enceladus.html

Interesting read, some nice photos too!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bones_

I failed to notice his proof that the "Ice Meteorite" came from Enceladus, or that it even came from the sky at all.

Could have fallen from an airplane.... or a passing truck for that matter.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I don't understand why most people find it far fetched that life exists elsewhere, it is here (us) and it apparently came here from somewhere else so I don't get it.

As for NASA they have known this for years they just don't want to share there information for security reasons and money.
edit on 12/2/2010 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
How is it possible to determine its origin without having some kind of template to compare it to? Like soil FROM Enceladus for example. Otherwise how are you going to know it's from Enceladus and not Titan?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Duplicates:

Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
First thing to consider, is that "ice meteorites" haven't even been confirmed yet. If you search, you'll find that just about any scholarly paper will conclude they likely don't exist. (i.e. they burn up in our atmosphere, and even as they approach, so would have to be big, very slow, and hit at just the right angle to have surviving pieces).

So, even THAT part of the story, the finding of an actual "ice meteorite" would be scientific news.

The scientist conclusion I read on this story, is that stating this was ET life was "well beyond the scope of this analysis". Then we've got the surrounding circumstances that this "discovery" was made in a Ramada Inn vs. any kind of scientific community setting or event.

All a bit suspect, really.

top topics

join