It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks: Russians smell anti-Obama conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

WikiLeaks: Russians smell anti-Obama conspiracy

www.sott.net

In Russia, where spreading misinformation is integral to the political culture, the latest WikiLeaks release of more than 250,000 diplomatic cables is being seen as an attempt to smear President Obama
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I thought this should be in the ATS arena. Its an option i had not thought of before.. In the instance i guess it might be a case of 'judging another book by your own cover.' So it may well be incorrect. This is cmmon in russia but is it common in usa?
Personally i think this is all part of the smear campain to discredit wikleaks.. The russians are not very happy with them either..
kx

www.sott.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I find one of the most telling things about the latest wikileaks release is how all the Arab countries fear a Nuclear Iran. How convenient...

www.spiegel.de...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Wikileaks has only released the first batch of cables which contain the most recent ones, later releases will hopefully delve more into Bush's tenure. Unless of course something happens to Wikileaks, Assange, or the WWW in general.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I find one of the most telling things about the latest wikileaks release is how all the Arab countries fear a Nuclear Iran. How convenient...

Actually that might be a plot by the Saudis, they've been leading the US around by the nose for a long time. The Saudi king has been working overtime trying to convince the US how evil the Iranians are, yet they're the ones funding "al queada".

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
All Politics are local. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. The response form Russia is not isolated.. A few other countries are dismissing the cables as something that is common in all Diplomatic areans and Capitals throughout the World.

As far as spying from the embasy goes, this is as old as the sun and is nothing new. Doesnt anyone wonder why we have so many economic / culteral attache's assigned to embassies?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Exactly.... The info in this last leak ...is WAY to convenient.
I am truely at a loss for what to think of WikiLeaks.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I opened your thread earlier today and haven't looked at it until now. However, this is an interesting angle, one that I haven't heard before. With that being said, it does require a bunch of "what ifs." I am however leaning towards WL being at the very least, a disinformation outlet, so this scenario wouldn't surprise me one bit. I am almost convinced that WL abd Assange isn't a free agent, working for the benefit of mankind. There are simply too many red-flags and an exaggerated scope of effectiveness.

Anyway, I have pretty much deduced that if WL isn;t purposefully set up to propagate disinfo, then there would be nothing stopping the government from exploiting it in such a manner.

--airspoon

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The reason politicians hate wikileaks so much is because they fear it will air their dirty laundry.

Not the STATES laudry.
Not the PEOPLES laundry.
Not SECURITY related.
But THEIR laundy.

That's why the Canadian prime minister wants him assasinated. Apparently he had an affair or something?

top topics

join