It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimir Putin: Ratify START or Russia Builds Nuclear Weapons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Who cares? Is this even supposed to be a threat?
So, instead of being able to destroy the Planet 15/20 times, depending on the source, Russia will be able to destroy it 20/30 times...while continuing to be a third world country...Go ahead, build all the bombs you want...
Russians are really stupid sheeple...

Oh, wait, I forgot...the USA has somebody even stupider running it. This Putin plan might just work

Oooooobbbhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaammmeeeeeeeeeeeeee

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
That's true.
no argument there.

But also realize after the Soviet collapse and while Russia was recovering the US still honored it's agreements with the old Soviet union and left Cuba alone.

edit on 2-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

It was more beneficial for them to leave Cuba alone. They expected it to collapse during the "special period" after the USSR fell. The embargo was maintained just to ensure this, with the justification being that Cuba posed a threat because it helped Angola survive against a South African invasion.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
i heard a rumour( sorry cant remember where) that bush was thinking about sending troops into cuba but his mind was changed when 911 happened. if anyone can clarify this then i would be much appreciated.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Well this sound a bit blackmailish. Correct me if I'm wrong here but doesn't Russia already have a larger Nuclear stockpile?

I agree there should be an agreement between the two but to try to push it through in this manner and wording? I hope there are cool heads on capital hill. This sounds like Putin is confused between how he rules in the East vs how some delicate situations require a little bit more of a diplomatic touch.

www.thirdage.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Actually, dick Lugur is saying the same thing...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Well that's overly simplified view of the Angolan situation when considering all sides involved. FNLA, MPLA and UNITA but it's valid.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
So let them build nuclear weapons.

It's not like they/us don't already have the power to destroy civilization. What's a few more nukes going to matter.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join