It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your note to future society, Your true immortality

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Dear future

Most of our lives in 2010 revolve around these small green bits of paper

Some people have a lot more of these bits of paper then others which people feel is unfair, this feeling of injustice can sometimes lead to things like this happening

The ultimate aim of collecting these bits of paper is that when you get enough of them you can exchange them for a girlfriend that looks like this

Or a boyfriend that looks like this

PS look at this guy isn't he cute!

P.P.S: Most of those little green bits of paper, don't even exist in the real world, I think the number is like 80% and all of it is fiction. . .I know it doesn't make much sense but niether does the fact that you still speak english. . .but i guess in 4010 anything can be possible I don't think Ceaser saw computers coming lulz

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Spot on,
future civilization are gonne look at us like we are crazy,
and maybe for someone with common sence we are.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Dear future

If your acheologists have uncovered our civillization, or what ever is left of it, you
would probably uncover thing that we once considered to be normal.
Bodymods, plastic surgery, huge differences between the poor and the rich, cooruption, the way we give the responsibility for an entire nation (if you know what that is) to one person, and most important: the thing called "currency" some of it described as green pieces of paper, but in fact most of it was stored on the harddrives of our primitive computers.
We let "currency" deside and reign over us, we gave the controlls to long since decayed pieces of paper and bits of information stored on long - gone sillicon harddrives.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychiatrium

and most important: the thing called "currency"

I understand what you're saying, but seriously, do you see the currency actually disappearing in the near future? I mean, people have always traded something. Be it skins, silver, copper, gold.. it's just things that people give value to. And the most absurd thing is: does it have any real usage? Is it usable? What practical use does this stuff have? Currency is (in it's basic form), an agreement. It's a tool, but not necessarily needed, which solely depends on our society.

TBH, I don't don't see it disappearing anywhere soon.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Dear Future....

The more things change, the more they are the same.

Change the name but not the players no doubt...meh...hopefully your no longer fighting Afhganistan in your time (you simply can't win..its like some cosmic lesson)

Alternatively...if you won a war in Afhganistan...how is the fishing in the Afhganistan great lake? fish still a bit radioactive?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Something about your description.. If you consider yourself a "transhumanist", shouldn't you be more be more positive? I mean, people like John Lennon said "It's gonna be alright". Lennon may just be one of the persons I really consider as truly "transhumanist".

I read your thread about "not hugging each other".. It caused a lot of laugher up here, so I wish you'd explain yourself a bit better. The way I see it, not hugging each other is actually the OPPOSITE of everything that the very concept of transhumanism stands for.

I mean, you don't have to be constantly hugging each each other, I just don't see anything wrong with it..
edit on 3/12/2010 by Tryptych because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Dear Future,

Considering hindsight being 20/20 or if it's gotten to 20/10 because of advancements in hindsight
I ask you: How did we do and what do you think of us?

I will try not to sound like I'm defending the negative actions of humanity in my time because even now we are realizing that some functions of society are going to have to change (and hopefully have changed or you're still working on it) to ensure that the time in which you are living was brought about by the best the human species of my time had to offer. I can only hope that the people of my time helped future man in achieving and discovering things that people in my time either could only dream of or outright dismissed as fantasy.

I look forward to being able to see you if the ability becomes possible,

Mistafaz

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych
reply to post by SaturnFX

Something about your description.. If you consider yourself a "transhumanist", shouldn't you be more be more positive? I mean, people like John Lennon said "It's gonna be alright". Lennon may just be one of the persons I really consider as truly "transhumanist".

Transhumanism is not a "feeling" movement, it is a understanding of our inevitable place in society, being living forms of life that will self evolve through technology into immortality.

(incidently, ignore what this guy says after 4:10...he completely goes off track into craptalk, missing the point)

I read your thread about "not hugging each other".. It caused a lot of laugher up here, so I wish you'd explain yourself a bit better. The way I see it, not hugging each other

Gonna interrupt you here. If you believe that I was saying we need to stop hugging, or aliens want us to stop hugging, or anything even remotely like that in that thread...then you -didn't- read it past the first few sentences.
The point of that thread is that, as I explained and a few others tried to explain to the people that do not read threads, or even original posts, that it is absurd to put what we think extraterrestrials are wanting us to do before they come here...
it could be something completely absurd that a alien species finds unnerving or disgusting that keeps them away..such as hugging. This came after many a threads of people matter of factly stating how the extraterrestrials are not coming to earth until we learn to feed our poor, or dismantle our nuclear bombs, or love kittens, etc...total anthropomorphicism on something by definition, unknowable..or alien.

is actually the OPPOSITE of everything that the very concept of transhumanism stands for.

understanding without conjecture is exactly what transhumanists stand for...to raise yourself based on the abilities, and raise your abilitys based on your understandings..not in some pseudo-spiritual way, but materialistic reality to counter the superstitions of our primitive brain.

I hope you understand a little better what a transhumanist is, and what the actual subject of that other thread is.
edit on 3-12-2010 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Dear future, the internet is not the inspired word of God. Please do not fall for the same trap we did with the bible...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych
TBH, I don't don't see it(currency) disappearing anywhere soon.

No, I know that it is unlikely that people stop using it, but modern society is ruled by cash.
I hope people in the future will get that we create and control currency, currency does not create and control us.
edit on 4-12-2010 by Psychiatrium because: I made some stupid typos

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join