It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Military is Secretly TRUCKING Nuclear Warheads Across the Country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
...using Security from an agency that has been investigated for alcoholism. They've already transported over 1000 of these things over 1800 miles from Seattle to Amarillo. 1000!!! Just one of those things is designed to make a 1/2 mile wide fireball.

jalopnik.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Control

It isn't a secret, I have been watching them do it for years. It is a pretty interesting sight in all honesty. They are very heavily guarded. And by law they have to TRUCK the nuclear warheads because of treaties we have signed.
edit on 2-12-2010 by LeaderOfProgress because: (no reason given)

cj6

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Control

Pray to god they dont hit a speed bump

But seriously that is insane!!! They need to find another way of transporting NUCLEAR weapons helloooooo!!! What are they thinking??

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

That is a very safe way, and nuclear warheads don't go off on a bump. They are not made of nitro glycerine. They require a very specific series of perfectly timed events to go off.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

What would you suggest? An aircraft can always fall out of the sky, and a train is fixed on a route, and they can also crash.

At least with the trucks they can modify their route, call in all sorts of support and even grab McDonalds en route... The nukes are probably in a very safe condition... You could most likely smash that truck at full speed and you wouldn't get a peep or a leak from the nuke in whatever casing they put it in.

This is a flask they used for transporting nuke materials (not bombs) - it survives in tact after getting hit by a train doing 100mph.

They gotta transport them somehow, trucks are as good a way as any.

cj6

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

It was a joke
im sure its "safe" to some degree but i still dont think they should transport them that way. Why not air transport??

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
reply to post by cj6

What would you suggest? An aircraft can always fall out of the sky, and a train is fixed on a route, and they can also crash.

At least with the trucks they can modify their route, call in all sorts of support and even grab McDonalds en route... The nukes are probably in a very safe condition... You could most likely smash that truck at full speed and you wouldn't get a peep or a leak from the nuke in whatever casing they put it in.

This is a flask they used for transporting nuke materials (not bombs) - it survives in tact after getting hit by a train doing 100mph.

They gotta transport them somehow, trucks are as good a way as any.

It is REALLY funny you said get McDonalds because that is exactly what they do. LOL.

cj6

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

A Mcdonalds burger could probably survive a nuclear blast!!
Those things are so jacked with chemicals!

Anyways, i still think air transport is the way to go. I though flying is the SAFEST way to travel hellooooo!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cj6

It was a joke
im sure its "safe" to some degree but i still dont think they should transport them that way. Why not air transport??

It is against treaties we have signed to transport by air. It is very safe, as stated above it is the only way that they can be transported with the ability to change path. They are very well guarded by multiple vehicles that travel ahead, along, and behind the trucks that are transporting them, not to mention that they are being satellite tracked.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress

Originally posted by cj6

It was a joke

It is against treaties we have signed to transport by air. It is very safe, as stated above it is the only way that they can be transported with the ability to change path. They are very well guarded by multiple vehicles that travel ahead, along, and behind the trucks that are transporting them, not to mention that they are being satellite tracked.

Thank you for being the voice of reason in this thread.

Believe me when I tell you that you are safer traveling next to a warhead on the highway than you are traveling next to a tanker truck full of fuel!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Oh, come on! What's th big deal? First of all, it's NOT a secret. The headline here is a lie. It's been in the local papers since they are leaving SWFPAC (Strategic Weapons Facility Pacific) here in Kitsap County, home of your favorite Trident Nuclear Submarine Sandwich, and headed for Texas. Second, do you REALLY believe these weapons are like a can of nitro sitting on the seat waiting for a bump to go off???? How absurd is that? That's like saying a crate of unloaded guns with no firing pins and no ammunition within a thousand miles could be used to shoot people. So no, it's not ridiculous and it's not dangerous and it's not crazy. the people claiming such are.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
reply to post by cj6

That is a very safe way, and nuclear warheads don't go off on a bump. They are not made of nitro glycerine. They require a very specific series of perfectly timed events to go off.

Agreed. Nervous types on here have obviously never watched a nuclear off-load/on-load from a Boomer. You could drop a nuke warhead from the top of the Empire State building and the worst you'd have to deal with would be the scrap metal.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well at least they aren't Fedexing them lol !!!
Wouldn't that be a great surprise at the holiday times. Waiting for that cyber Monday flatscreen to show up in the mail and accidentally receive a nuclear weapon!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
They drive them about on trucks here in the UK too
If you go on youtube and search for "Uk Nuclear weapon transport" you will find numerous videos of nukes being driven around the british countryside.

Driving them is far safer than flying them IMO.

1) They can change direction/route if needed
2) They can have far more protection on the roads
3) Lorries cannot fall out of the sky in a random place (where the weapon could be removed before military got there)
4) You can have decoy lorries (all planes have a unique number...would be economical to buy identical planes etc)
5) If anything goes wrong the nuke can be moved to another lorry...hard to do 30k+ feet in the sky

The amount of security is crazy...i doubt any terrorist organization could capture one on the road, let alone escape with it

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'm far more concerned with the trustworthiness of the drivers, lumpers, and security. With 1000+ warheads being moved, and more every day, then who's to say that just one, or five, or twelve of these shipments won't get diverted and/or decoyed themselves...Shouldn't the MILITARY be handling this...even if it IS trucks? Why private companies contracted to the NNSA and NNSA guards with a history of drunkenness?

I know that the weapons are RELATIVELY physically safe...and I say that with a wide margin of error surrounding it....I'm more worried about underground ideologically based proliferation. Just leave it to some C-Street whack job to justify selling a nuke to a terrorist because it'll bring on the end times quicker.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Oh right, why use airplanes that can be loaded quickly and quietly at secure airfields when you have trucks.

Common sense?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The military does not move nuclear material across country.

The DEPARTMENT of ENERGY is responsible for that.

The vehicles they used are armored beyond comprehension.

Both the semi tractor and the trailers.

There are a dozen or so heavily armed men who travel with them in the convoy.

You would not know them if they passed them on the freeway.

If one of these vehicles were to be in a accident,the interior space would become one solid block of foam that would require a jack hammer to remove.

I off loaded and loaded these vehicles.

Every scenario is covered.

The recent discloser about the drivers drinking leaves out the fact that the vehicles were empty.

They are not always transporting a device.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Military is Secretly TRUCKING Nuclear Warheads

Would you in these days with terrorist out there want them to paint in big letters on the sides of the trucks NUCLEAR WEAPONS ON BOARD.

I do bet no one would tailgate them.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Control

They getting them ready for the fight. They cant just store them all in multiple locations when its time to fight. They keep them in a more less centralized location to then be distributed by coast that is in most danger. Mabey NK time dont know.
edit on 12/2/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cj6

aboutfacts.net...

These are only a few of our loses by plane, but bombs are not the only types of nukes that were lost. We have lost nuclear reactors when submarines sunk and also nuclear torpedoes.

new topics

top topics

join