It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange captured (Update: Swedish website incorrectly declares)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

When he is arrested I hope the U.S. keeps their hands off also. The rape charges did'nt happen here and the courts abroad are fine by me. No need for extradition, leave him in the U.K. or where ever else, I'll sleep just fine

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Knowing how looney tunes our government has gone in the last ten years I hope Assange can hold is breathe a long time.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
May the saints preserve and protect him....The Ugliest things could happen to him in custody....I hope that his legal team arent afraid of the PTB or have anything to be "gotten to "on them,I think this could be the end of The road for Wikileaks if they havent planned for this......

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Assange's legal team may be able to knot this one up for as long as it is expedient.

(UK extradition laws) EU member states applying the European Arrest Warrant ("category 1" countries; the EAW entered into force on 1 January 2004 between the UK and seven other EU member states). The second set of rules covers extradition to the "category 2" countries (these rules are explained below). Article 69(1) of the Extradition Act 2003 allows the Home Secretary to designate the category 2 countries by way of Statutory Instrument (SIs, also known as "Orders").
Statewatch News online

Sweden is a Cat1 country, America is Cat2.

The expedition laws may contravine UK human rights laws

Human Rights Act

The Human Rights Act 1998 gives further legal effect in the UK to the fundamental rights and freedoms contained in the European Convention on Human Rights. These rights not only impact matters of life and death, they also affect the rights you have in your everyday life: what you can say and do, your beliefs, your right to a fair trial and other similar basic entitlements.

Most rights have limits to ensure that they do not unfairly damage other people's rights. However, certain rights – such as the right not to be tortured – can never be limited by a court or anybody else.

You have the responsibility to respect other people's rights, and they must respect yours.
Your human rights are:

•the right to life
•freedom from torture and degrading treatment
•freedom from slavery and forced labour
•the right to liberty
•the right to a fair trial
•the right not to be punished for something that wasn't a crime when you did it
•the right to respect for private and family life
•freedom of thought, conscience and religion, and freedom to express your beliefs
•freedom of expression
•freedom of assembly and association
•the right to marry and to start a family
•the right not to be discriminated against in respect of these rights and freedoms
•the right to peaceful enjoyment of your property
•the right to an education
•the right to participate in free elections
•the right not to be subjected to the death penalty
If any of these rights and freedoms are breached, you have a right to an effective solution in law, even if the breach was by someone in authority, such as, for example, a police officer.
from Directgov.uk

I think Assange is in the right place to be for when both the arrest warrant is issued and when WL releases the meat and potatoes.

In times of universal deceit, telling the Truth is a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

edit on 2/12/2010 by teapot because: edit

edit on 2/12/2010 by teapot because: format

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
on ABC news it said that theyve tracked him down to the south east of England

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I like how they're using the term "capture". As if he was ever a terrorist or fugitive. The charges were set aside and then after the recent cable reveals, they lit a fire under it again.

The big bad evil man was "finally captured". What an ordeal, we can all rest easy now. The media isn't being biased at all.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
He's still free and in the UK, yes, last report SE.

Everything you need to know is here:

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by UndercoverMother
on ABC news it said that theyve tracked him down to the south east of England

'They' did not need to track him down. He has been in England for months and reported his whereabouts to the authorities (police) before the leaks. It just wasn't widely reported in the MSM news and spin.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
well it was 90% word for word what i heard on the news ;p

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
No charges filed in Sweden or anywhere else.

No arrest warrent issued (no charge, no warrent)

No arrest.

Wanted for questioning only, Assange has volunteered to be deposed in U.K. and Sweden has declined.

Interpol "Red Notice" only means that a member country may possibly issue a warrent, but has not yet done so.

No story at all really, just idle speculation.

I want the 15 minutes I spent reading this thread back!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The U.S. can locate Assange in two days, but for the past 9 1/2 years can't find Osama Bin Laden? Hmmmmm.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by the_denv

I really appreciate the research and explanation. "Detained in absentia" is a silly turn of phrase. It's sort of like "he was declared guilty by some guys in a pub." and then the article title reads "Assange found guilty!"

Which shouldn't detract from one wise poster who pointed out that the 'person' is not the issue. Assange is not the end-all-be-all of the case.

Cheers
Yeah it is real doublespeak terminology, they probably got a lot of hits on their website or some revenue from GoogleAds during that article of theirs. That is one of the reasons I like Wikileaks, they just post the truth, no GoogleAds on their website, totally anonymous that just accept donations. They did Tweet for support a lot this last week, but I can imagine (now) why they would need the money. Something as simple as a telecommunication circuit board (that is hacked) can cost $1,000+ and that is just the circuit board. I could imagine the cost of other equipment to remain anonymous and always on the move, it actually does cost. Another example are throw-away cell phones, imagine replacing 100+ of them each time just to remain anonymous.

Originally posted by Maxmars
< snip >... kill the messenger.

Which makes one wonder who exactly is generating all this buzz....

Yeah, and Julian knew that before he took this on. Wikileaks needed a face man (Just like any President), Julian took the job. For some reason I think WL know exactly what they are doing, the bigger picture here is counter-intelligence coming from the civilian side. Which makes me ask myself maybe this is why a lot of people think this is to good to be true; because civilians have never had an intelligence agency before in history. So, maybe the cointel coming from the WL/Civi side is actually confusing normal civilians who have never been aware of how intelligence warfare operates.

Originally posted by Becker44
Glen Beck thing to rest and get on with stringin' this low-life up.

Low life? You know, I have only watch liked 5mins/10mins of TV regarding Wikileaks; I guess that is why my opinion of them is not biased. If you research what Wikileaks really is, find out how Julian Assange's brain works, see the wrong doings of the people in those cables and see a great outcome causing friction between countries that are trying to create a global government...ahh, priceless; for everything there's Mastercard.

To be honest, I continued reading your posts and I do not want to argue with you as you seem very opinionated.

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by thecinic
denv is right the source cited is out of date and all the news wires have nothing of this....

Assange is not captured.

I hope that's the case. BTW captured tends to imply he has been running away or hiding - and I don't believe he has. And I hope he hasn't been arrested either.

He hasn't lads, I was talking to a Wikileaks volunteer that was in the same room as another guy who talks to Julian daily and it is confirmed he is alive, well and free.

Originally posted by Becker44

We have approximately 249,700 more files to be dumped. I would suggest a little pie-hole closure until the meat comes out. National security is nothing to be so cavalier about.

Becker

You know I heard there they had over 1TB of data/cables that will be released in increments. The most recent one was only 278 cables (now 623 and rising), next is the banks. Imagine a civilian intelligence agency, you have plans and methods of releases and you also have strategic deployments of the leaks. Like, waiting for the right moment (current political status of someone etc); then you release it. It's what the media do, WL's are apparently the worlds first civilian intelligence agency and they are really pissed of at TPTB; only they are really REALLY doing it; instead of people like us were we talk about it and think we could never be capable of exposing global tyranny at this excessive rate and sheer amount of volume that Wikileaks are doing.

I am not disrespecting your opinion, my uncle in America has a similar mindset and opinions as you and I would not take away my uncles opinion; I wouldn't take away yours. We have to realize that this time it is for real, and it's funny and appears almost biblical, here we are again throwing bricks at a person trying to teach the truth. I ain't calling Julian Assange/WL the next Jesus; all I am saying is I've read this plot somewhere before and I didn't like the outcome of it; I would rather learn by the mistakes human kind have made". Now if Julian gets strung up next to two thieves I'd eat my hat.

TL|DR: Don't judge a book by its cover, do background checks on Julian; his past and ALL the videos he is in and I am not talking about just Youtube. There are FTP servers out there with lecture videos of WL at the beginning etc.

In fact here is Julian Assange before Wikileaks: (MUST READ)!
web.archive.org...
iq.org...

(Links needs copied and pasted into one address bar, to display one long address, did not display correctly when linked on forum)

That is that man's mind, hes a nice guy, writes like a poet. You can tell someone by their style of writing, it gives out emotions. That website is no longer accessible through the Internet, only through the Internet Archive.

Originally posted by wcitizen
Most of this stuff is most likely already known to other countries. They all have intel - and this information was accessible to 3000 low grade military and civilian staff.. obtaining it would be no problem at all for any country's intel, if they wanted it. This is not national security risk kind of information. It's embarrassing, and it exposes politicians - that's why they are squealing. National security is the catch all phrase, they use it on everything.

Yeah I agree, cables could be accessed at each Embassy and any spy from any country could have got access to that information if they really needed too. Maybe a few surprises here and there nothing special...to us, but within the governments and each military some feathers have been ruffled and their pants have been pulled down in front of the public. In the background I would assume that it is slowling down a global governance, a New World Order. Just when the global government where thinking everything was going swell, WL threw in a spanner that reactivated the paranoia within each government worldwide, affecting their trust and preventing or postponing a New World Order.

If I where a character like J.A., it would make sense to be a genius to pull this off, using the cables, information, videos and audio recordings to the highest and most versatile advantage. With each release a great effect happens, we the public are blind to it, but meanwhile back in the real world of military intelligence, governments, Industrial Complex etc they are freaked out. It destroys trade relations, profit and global power; but the small man (us) doesn't see it. I find it interesting in real life when people think the release did nothing, it gives me access to the real opinions of people. So far they think its all advertised in the papers like a movie and unimportant, while some think they are terrorists, others don't even know them at all and don't care.

When a civilian in real life says, "Wikileaks? Who's that"? That is when you know WL have not harmed the small man, when you see the media covering political opinions on WL, its all propaganda, biased and making WL to be terrorists. They do not even talk about Julian Assange's life prior to Wikileaks, they give a brief description but they don't even talk about "The Lobster". I stopped watching TV a long time ago, it makes you think with their opinion and make you believe that you created that opinion out of free will.

Originally posted by susp3kt
The comments here in this thread as to the dismay of his capture & the "GO JULIAN!! WE LUB YOUS!"-esque comments make me a sad panda.

Get some discernment about you peoples. Can't you see this whole WL thing is a PSYOP? And with that being the case, how could JA not know this?

/me smells something fishy.
edit on 2-12-2010 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

Mate, don't worry I know how you feel, I felt the same way a while back there and even to recently. I think they are (currently) true to their word, but they could be infiltrated like any organization; as long as they keep smart they will be fine. A Counter-Intel agency for the civilians world-wide will appear to be untrustworthy, especially since humanity has not been able to trust in something so good in possibly thousands of years, or..with every revolution that none of us have seen or see.

It smells fishy because people have forgotten how to trust people. Though Wikileaks really does need to remain anonymous and its apparently the people intel-agency so there is a void there that some people will truely never understand.

Originally posted by Tholidor
I want the 15 minutes I spent reading this thread back!

That doesn't mean a conversation and something new about WL/JA can not be discovered after you found out he was not arrested. Who knows what way the conversation may flow?

If you want to find out more about Wikileaks, go to their website, participate in talking to them and others like you. All the information to contact them is on their site. Also, due to a possible side effect of Wikileaks, Internet2.0 might be on the agenda, so mirror everything, download all your favorite websites, and all that etc. TPTB might restrict Internet usage to punish the public in order for the public to hate Wikileaks, it's a possible tactic and a smart move to play if it were Chess.
edit on 2/12/2010 by the_denv because: URL For Assange's old site looked wierd and didn't link it correctly.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Assuming WL is legit, it doesn't really matter if they got him or not. There will be someone else to take his place. There will always be someone to be the next big whistleblower. No government can stop that. Maybe if they stopped their s#*t, there wouldn't be a need for leaks in the first place.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
You can't find someone who you're not really looking for... right?

Originally posted by WeRpeons
The U.S. can locate Assange in two days, but for the past 9 1/2 years can't find Osama Bin Laden? Hmmmmm.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy

Assange captured

nerdynerdnerdz.com

Reports are surfacing that Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has been caught outside of Southeast England at an undisclosed safe-house. My contact also states that authorities have him in custody but are trying to persuade him to turn in several hackers who released highly top secret files onto the wikileaks site. Sources also indicated that the sexual assault charges are false charges generated by the government in an attempted and well executed smear campaign on Julian Assange and his website Wikileaks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

It's just a matter of time before he's released. No charges laid. You can't hold someone in jail for doing nothing. He mearly created a site that now makes the Brit, Americans, and almost ALL of the NATO countries look like the big fat liars they really are. I look forward to seeing Mr. Assange walking the streets again soon!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by moondoggy2

Read the thread mate, he is not in jail.

EDIT: They just Tweeted

At one cable per hour, it will take WikiLeaks 28.6 years to release them all. Speed us up! is.gd...

That is 8765 (hours per year) x 28.6 = 250,679.

So we can see it takes an hour for the entire volunteers to publish each cable. They have to reformat the cable, and considering how sensitive the information is it would probably take a team to release one per day. I can see why they need funding, they need more people and more equipment and logistics to keep that as anonymous as possible. Think Enemy of the State (Will Smith).
edit on 2/12/2010 by the_denv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

yeah as if osama is a public figure and has a personal website..

try again troll

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
1) Julian wasn't captured.
2) He is just a co founder of the site. If they capture him, the leaks will continue.
3) Thread should be moved to hoax bin?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JMech
reply to post by aliengenes

When he is arrested I hope the U.S. keeps their hands off also. The rape charges did'nt happen here and the courts abroad are fine by me. No need for extradition, leave him in the U.K. or where ever else, I'll sleep just fine

There not going to extradite him, that would cause to much international attention. Potentially increasing his support groups. I don't think that is the route they will take. Once he flags as being in custody through Interpol, one of the American's Secret Service something or another will be directly be in contact with him secretly or through political channels. Where ever he is I have the feeling that they'll have some personal share time... to see what he might have received that he is NOT sharing with us. I'm sure there are things that even Julian Assange knows he can't tell!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
So much for the 'much anticipated' documents.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join