It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange captured (Update: Swedish website incorrectly declares)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

i'm just sayin If he were one of us, IF, why would you want to string him up

Great post Stun. You are wise beyond your years.

I'm just saying National Security is a very, very serious and potetially explosive subject. Great care must be taken to limit exposure.

Now first and foremost the State Department needs to get this thing under control, like yesterday. Learn a lesson in today's technological world and realize current clearances are no longer effective. Too many eyes on critical information.

Sure we all like to glimpse inside the world of espionage and diplomacy but the downside of public disclosure will most certainly get someone hurt. I'm afraid ASS-ange must be made the example.

And remember, we are currently at 335/250,000 documents released.

Becker

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Yes, people have been doing it for years - but it is also considered very serious when a spy is caught. Many have been killed for spying.

What "spys" have been mentioned or leaked form Assange?

I've just seen chatter between diplo's and other high ranking officials. Perhaps I missed the spy ones.

Becker

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
There's nothing about an arrest on Wikileaks twitter page.

One of the most recent posts:

'WikiLeaks is the first global Samizdat movement. The truth will surface even in the face of total annihilation.'

If, like me, you don't know what a Samizdat movement is, here's the definition:

Samizdat (Russian: самиздат; Russian pronunciation: [səmɨˈzdat]) was a key form of dissident activity across the Soviet bloc in which individuals reproduced censored publications by hand and passed the documents from reader to reader. This grassroots practice to evade officially-imposed censorship was fraught with danger as harsh punishments were meted out to people caught possessing or copying censored materials.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

sorry beck i cannot agree with you. i think if it is what they say it is, then he is doing something absolutely amazing he is holding ELECTED OFFICIALS accountable. he is making them shake in their boots, because they are not in control... the world would be a far better place if people woke up and realized WE RUN THIS WORLD. not the other way around... we outnumber them millions (at least) to one, they rule by fear, and that's outrageous. public servents should fear not us.

but then again i may be a fool because i have faith in humanity.
edit on 2-12-2010 by stuncrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

US is a member state like everyone else, nothing more

Uhhmm not really.

en.wikipedia.org...

Scroll down to funding and delete your previous post.

Becker

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I agree!!!

I think now that he's captured, they will demand names of the leaks, the mole(s).

He will pressured into giving the info, but I hope he keeps silent.

Interesting............

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

We don't have to agree Stunner it's OK.

We are in charge. Most of the people involved in these leaks have been voted in by the people. Others are politically appointed by someone voted in by the people. Now that you and your friends are getting a little taste of reality perhaps you should vote different people in.

I will venture to say that 90% of what you'll find in these leaked documents is a very necessary component of National Security. Remember, you'll never see the really good stuff. This PFC that took the payoff to sell his country down the river had access to the very mundane at best.

Becker

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44

I will venture to say that 90% of what you'll find in these leaked documents is a very necessary component of National Security. Remember, you'll never see the really good stuff. This PFC that took the payoff to sell his country down the river had access to the very mundane at best.
Becker

i'll give you that, but i guess moreso i'm hoping for stuff that will actually wake people up ya know. show the world what it really means to "see the light" like the so called "illuminated ones" think they do

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

US is a member state like everyone else, nothing more

Uhhmm not really.

en.wikipedia.org...

Scroll down to funding and delete your previous post.

Becker

Yes, exactly, that proves my point.
second

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy

Becker

i'll give you that, but i guess moreso i'm hoping for stuff that will actually wake people up ya know. show the world what it really means to "see the light" like the so called "illuminated ones" think they do

Most of this stuff is most likely already known to other countries. They all have intel - and this information was accessible to 3000 low grade military and civilian staff.. obtaining it would be no problem at all for any country's intel, if they wanted it. This is not national security risk kind of information. It's embarrassing, and it exposes politicians - that's why they are squealing. National security is the catch all phrase, they use it on everything.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Run Julian, Run! lol

Blessings upon Julian Assange and all who make wikileaks, WikiLeaks.

He has not been captured.
and I hope it stays that way.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by SLAYER69

I agree!!!

I think now that he's captured, they will demand names of the leaks, the mole(s).

He will pressured into giving the info, but I hope he keeps silent.

Interesting............

lol, not really.
He has not been captured.
You could look a little and learn it for yourself.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Please relocate to hoaxes. And...re

Originally posted by HedyLamarr
NOOOOO! I hope they don't hurt him! Everybody knows that the charges are bogus!

No chance. It would only make a martyr out of him and someone else would come in and take his place at the head of Wikileaks. They need to make him play along. I am guessing he will be offered some incentive to cease and desist...something like avoiding jail on rape charges.

edit on 2-12-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy

Assange captured

nerdynerdnerdz.com

Reports are surfacing that Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has been caught outside of Southeast England at an undisclosed safe-house. My contact also states that authorities have him in custody but are trying to persuade him to turn in several hackers who released highly top secret files onto the wikileaks site. Sources also indicated that the sexual assault charges are false charges generated by the government in an attempted and well executed smear campaign on Julian Assange and his website Wikileaks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

I think the charges being false and fabricated by the government were a given. I mean come on, charges like that surface amid the growing popularity and controversy of Wikileaks?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Funny how they can really find someone when they want to. Maybe Bin Laden should release some confidential cables.....

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
this is FAKE!

MY friends pig's roommate told me that Julian Assange was killed!
edit on 2-12-2010 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Try www.world-newspapers.com/alternative-news.html

For instance, this from truth-out.org

Qualitatively Wrong About Quantitative Easing
Thursday 02 December 2010

by: Max Fraad-Wolff, t r u t h o u t | News Analysis

The Federal Reserve is under attack for its most recent extraordinary policy announcements. Angry and accusatory comment is streaming in from Brazil, Germany, China, leading lights in the financial industry and newly minted and empowered representatives of the GOP. Some fear inflation, others dollar devaluation. Financial firms are not excited about further stretching the gigantic Fed balance sheet. Lost in much of the cacophony is a very central part of what is going on. The Fed is buying American government debt at a rapid and impactful clip. The Fed now owns more Treasury Securities - US government debt - than China or Japan. By March 2011 the Fed will own more IOUs from Uncle Sam than China, Germany and Brazil combined. Our central bank is subsidizing the growing cost of our massive indebtedness. The Fed is buying more and more, longer maturity government debt. They have promised about $600 billion more in buying and will be turning some of their trillion dollars in mortgaged-backed securities into Treasuries as well. Unlike other buyers of US debt, the Fed refunds a significant portion of the interest it receives at the end of the year. Needless to say, this reduces the cost of the debt. Fed refunding of earnings on holdings will exceed $50 billion in 2011.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The comments here in this thread as to the dismay of his capture & the "GO JULIAN!! WE LUB YOUS!"-esque comments make me a sad panda.

Get some discernment about you peoples. Can't you see this whole WL thing is a PSYOP? And with that being the case, how could JA not know this?

/me smells something fishy.
edit on 2-12-2010 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Arrested or not, I dunno what to make of this whole issue. Deliberate misinfo to discredit China & provide the ammunition to attack Iran (provided with long range missiles my arse!) Or... genuine philanthropic gesture by someone who, like most of us is sick to death of our so-called leaderships with their thieving, lying antics.

C'mon Jules, stop mucking about & give us the key already! We won't tell anyone, honest

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Hes not captured yet, but british authorities have just got a warrent for his Arrest

Link to my Reliable news thread below:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join