It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange captured (Update: Swedish website incorrectly declares)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

Agreed and the thread title is a lie. has a thread been started for the guardian Q&A?

EDIT - Edited my last post with latest answer.
edit on 3-12-2010 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2010 by aivlas because: added my

edit on 3-12-2010 by aivlas because: and another

Going to keep adding the answers to my last post.
edit on 3-12-2010 by aivlas because: Added another

Unless a member who can start a thread would like to start one off?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
has a thread been started for the guardian Q&A?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3-12-2010 by hinsch because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by hinsch

Thank you, but was hoping a member who can make a thread somewhere other than intro would respond.

EDIT - And with this post I can make a thread

EDIT - www.abovetopsecret.com... guardian Q&A thread

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Just to clarify, Datacell is in Switzerland, i checked it on Google maps. It would have been odd that the data is in China.

Also, the amount of illegal immigrants we get coming into the country, hidden in trucks and sometimes under the Eurostar trains, shouldn't make it too hard for Julian Assange to leave the country if he was desperate enough.

If he could shake off the intelligence services first, that is.
edit on 3/12/10 by Vinterskogen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Vinterskogen

I noted that the new Wikileaks server has a ".ch" domain..... interesting if true.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy

Assange captured

nerdynerdnerdz.com

Reports are surfacing that Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has been caught outside of Southeast England at an undisclosed safe-house. My contact also states that authorities have him in custody but are trying to persuade him to turn in several hackers who released highly top secret files onto the wikileaks site. Sources also indicated that the sexual assault charges are false charges generated by the government in an attempted and well executed smear campaign on Julian Assange and his website Wikileaks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 3-12-2010 by Maxmars because: To quell the desire to stifle the dialogue

and your source is a blog...
named nerdynerdnerdz..

Way to go.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Intentional or not, this thread OP title is a HOAX.

Mods, please label accordingly.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AtruthGuy

Have you actually reviewed this thread... the "source" is the Swdedish Justice departments own 2-week old pronouncement ... the blog didn't reference that but enterprising ATS members found THEIR source.... perhaps you should save the disparaging comments for when you re finished reading the thread....

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

HOAX? As in intent to decieve? Please make your case.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
And like the fist of an angry god the mod comes in!

Anyway, I think that if anyone would bother to read the first few pages of this thread, we figured that the nerd blog misinterpreted a badly translated legal page, coupled with UK reports that the police know where he is and are not moving yet. As the mod said, know what your accusing people of before you point the finger.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
I can confirm that Julian Assange has not been arrested.

I am only after talking to a Wikileak volunteer, supplied them with all the sources on this thread and other links on the net. They asked around, done their homework and then were able to tell me that they could confirm that Julian Assange has not been captured, and that the source of the rumors/propaganda is coming from Aklagare.se

I am just requoting your post here so those who want to see the original source can see it without having to endure the dialogue (isn't that the point of the forum???)

As you can see, someone interpreted detained in absentia as 'arrested' when it would more properly have been translated as something akin to a bench warrant.

While eveyone is busy trying to rationalize why this conversation shouldn't be taking place, I still have some questions about why a government web site would allow the rumor to to continue based upon the verbiage they chose to use, rather than simply edit the official words to reflect more accurately that he is 'wanted' not 'detained'.

By the way... as the word 'BLOG' doesn't appear in the OPs original citation (or anywhere on the website that I could find) it was a judgement call on my part to allow it to stand. I felt that the conversation about this rumor was more important than the joy of the debunkers' beloved HOAX bin. I suppose the witch-hunt is the irony of 'instant karma.'
edit on 3-12-2010 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Yes, it has .ch. Wikileaks's still available here: 213.251.145.96...

edit on 3-12-2010 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Watever light buld decided to change the the title of this thread... kudos is due. However more kudos would have been due had the title read something like: Assange (not) captured. That in it simplicity would clear up any misunderstanding...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

It cracks me up that people are actualy concerned about his well being, like worrying if he is being mistreated. I fully agree that people have the right to know some of the stuff on those cables but the way it was done is called espionage. WikiLeaks should be treated as a terrorist organization and be dealt with accordingly!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It blows my mind that a year or so after the first leaks hit the web.And they couldn't find him..But 3 days after he states he has information that will bring down a major bank and he is caught within days...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AntiCitizenZone

It's not a terrorist organization...

Really....? Oh..no wiki is where all the terrorist are...watch out..

You sound like some one who sits in their house glued to Fox news shivering that Bin Laden is going to kick your door down any second and put a gun to your head.. Get ahold of yourself. This guy might not be an angle but the over-all picture of what he is doing is keeping freedom to electronic press. People who see corruption in government need a safe place to get their information out. The minute we stop people like him is the minute people like you have no real way to fight back. Stop getting sucked into all the crap the network news can sell you.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Source mistranslates Swedish Article

Yeah, right ... more orchestration. They'll capture him as quickly as bin laden.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Intentional or not, this thread OP title is a HOAX.

Mods, please label accordingly.

I may believe so it is a HOAX There is nothing on CNN that Assange was captured.

If he was CNN would be talking about him all day.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

In know its a hoax, the OP even edited to title to show he didnt know what he was on about, But oh wait! look at that he still gets a large amount of flags and stars, because hes told all the sheeple exactly what they wanted to hear so they could have a huge bitchfest about the assage arrest, Despite the fact the entire post, thread and the information its based on is wrong! A mod might be best off getting rid of this thread alltogether

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

No, things like this have a place to show people what happens when you take things at face value. It must be left as an example to other. Perhaps we should have an ATS board of fail to show new commers and remind vets of the follies of online data research?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join