It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars landing, yet again - True or False?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yet again, i face with this very controversial video clip - the alleged Mars landing in 1962 by joint US / USSR probe. And thats where all the talks stop - some say its NAZI Haunebu craft from WWII, some say its Alien-tech man-made UFO, some say that there are even Mars cities controlled by the NWO, etc...So let us remind once again about this video:

MARS LANDING - SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT VERSION OF THE CLIP

Okay, so you're probably thinking that we didn't land an unmanned probe on the Red Planet until the 1970's. I don't believe it took that long. Not by a long shot! You see, there is the space program we know, and behind that is the secret space program, funded in part by taxes and in part by the so-called black budget. This covert space program has been in possession of extremely advanced technology - centuries ahead of that in the public sector - for decades. Since at least the 1930's, the American military has been in possession of increasing numbers of crashed extraterrestrial craft. The reasons for the crashes is a whole other story, but let's just say they didn't crash completely by accident. It was the reverse-engineered technology from these fallen vehicles that was used, and is being used, to ferry people to and from the Moon and Mars. It was recognised early on that the world was destined for huge climate and population problems, and so three "solutions" were devised. There were designated Alternatives 1, 2 and 3. The third "solution", Alternative 3, was to establish colonies on the Moon and Mars. It's likely that the 1962 Mars landing was part of Alternative 3. As for the footage, it came into the hands of a guy in the BBC in the mid-1970's. The tape was scrambled, but he obtained from his contact in NASA a decoding device... and there it was, in all its glory. The story how the footage came to light is shrouded in mystery, but it seems to me that the footage, by whatever means, came into the wrong hands and would inevitably become public. NASA, in classic Military Industrial Complex fashion, engineered a situation wherein they would hide the truth in plain sight. The documentary, aired on the BBC in 1977, was called Alternative 3. The BBC were very quick to denounce the documentary as an April Fool's Joke an hour after it finished. There are only two problems with that... it aired in June, and it was four hours long. I mean, come on, the TV networks often pull stupid practical jokes on April 1st, but a four-hour documentary is a bit over the top. Oh yes, and they claimed it was airing so late after April because they couldn't fit it into their schedule. For god's sake, they expect people to believe this rubbish?

Once again ATS experts - real video or fake video? Or video faked to look real..or stolen real video that looks fake..or...thats why i need your opinion

edit on 2-12-2010 by anubisone because: text change

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
yeah i dont think so. Mars skys are hazy red and the land is chunky with rock IMO

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
A few questions arise with this video.

* Are there sources from 1970 that confirm this video was aired ? (excluding CGI if authenticated)
* Is there a higher quality video available
* Who would have the means/funds to either built a scale model or rent a helicopter to fly over a desert ?
* The "worm" is special effect so possibly this is a test video or some old movie footage.

Interesting video.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
We would need a source for this video. Hast it been debunked yet?

If we cant get a source we need to identify the landscape. I wouldnt be surprised if it is someplace on earth.

If it cant be identified on earth we would have to look for that landscape on mars, if it is there chances are good the video is authentic, but as it is it can be anything, a movie recorded by an aircraft, an movieproject...

link   
reply to post by no special characters

Yeah I don't buy that this is actual video footage. It jumps around too much.

All I could think in the back of my head while that worm thing was moving was "crab people, crab people" from south park.

link   
reply to post by anubisone

Alternative 3 is a television programme, broadcast once only in the United Kingdom in 1977, and later broadcast in Australia and New Zealand, as a fictional hoax, an heir to Orson Welles' radio production of The War of the Worlds. Purporting to be an investigation into the UK's contemporary "brain drain", Alternative 3 uncovered a plan to make the moon and Mars habitable in the event of climate change and a terminal environmental catastrophe on Earth.
The programme was originally meant to be broadcast on April Fools Day, 1977. While its broadcast was delayed until June by industrial action, the credits explicitly date the film to April 1. Alternative 3 ended with credits for the actors involved in the production and featured interviews with a fictitious American astronaut.

Wikipedia

Are you knowingly posting a known hoax?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It's an impressive clip, but a lot of that terrain looked water-carved, and I wonder if a terrestrial location can be found matching those characteristics. I'd wager it can.

Neat, but far from conclusive. From what I recall, NASA says the sky on mars is blue, fading to pink towards the horizon... It's due to it being the wavelength that scatters easily.

Still, there would need to be a LOT more than some video (that could be faked) to support the idea of such a joint mission, and that mission being secret.

Wasn't the previous vid shown to be a hoax? This one looks similar.

edit on 2-12-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

That's what sucks about not being able to watch it with sound at work, hehe... I'll have to watch it again later.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Who says its a known hoax? Wikipedia? dont believe every site with Wiki in it...lol

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
my point exactly: Have this video been properly, 100% debunked..if not, how someone can say its hoax?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

The post above, linked the info on it. It was an April Fool's joke, from the late 1970s. Don't laugh, just because it's from Wiki!! You think Wiki doesn't do proper research??

Besides Wiki, here is:

www.thule.org...

www.debunker.com...

ATS THREAD from 2004....

Museum Of Hoaxes

(Need more? Ain't the Internet wonderful???)

As Gazrok noted, the terrain features aren't right, either. Look WAY too earth-like....

Note also, midway through? Some graphics show up on screen? Temperature, wind velocity, and "air pressure"?

4 degrees C. (Bit warm for Mars, though not impossible, midsummer, noon on the Equator. It can reach as high as 20C). 21 KPH for winds, OK, ballpark.

BUT, the atmospheric pressure?? "707.7 Mb"?? Bzzzzzz! Wrong!

The normal Sea Level pressure on Earth, "standard" is 1013 Mb. 707 Mb equates to similar air pressure (on Earth) as would be experienced at about 10,000 feet ASL (above sea level).

Mars' atmosphere is FAR thinner than that, even at the surface datum that would be its "sea level" equivalent (called the "areoid"). At that level, the normal Mars surface pressure is about 0.63 kPa (kilo Pascal. Converting kPa to Mb....0.63 kPa = 6.3 Mb. This is the equivalent, on Earth, to an altitude of about 35 Kilometers/22 miles. Not very breathable for Humans, nor conducive to long-term survival, without a pressure suit).

edit on 2 December 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
If the film was made in the 1970's then someone should be around who knows there the landscape was. That would be pretty conclusive proof if someone went there in a helicopter, or they can put good quality cams on R/C helis these days too, and shot the same thing today. That would convince me. Anyone aware of such proof, or of any documentation purporting to know the terrestrial location?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFlash

Seriously??

Really, is rather moot.

I mean....did you hear the soundtrack on the thing? Tell me you did, and then explain how any of it seemed the least bit convincing?

(Shall I drop the biggest hint? Or, let you figure out the most glaring scientific inaccuracy/error??).

If nothing else, just the tone of voice gives it away....a terribly bad prank.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Im pretty sure a conversation in realtime with the lander and mission control shouldnt be happening...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Only reason I think its real is because of the NASA or secret Space program how shall 1 say minipulation of the video with the horizontal lines seems to be old school HIDDING OR EDITING LOL. If that is the case then it could be real WHY HID ANYTHING. Many have said the atmosphere on the Mars photos and videos are faked to prevent Ea inhabitants from wanting to go there to stay. So....... It could be, lol @ what ever that was @ 1:40 and on within the magnetic soil....
edit on 12/2/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RaymaNcouldbe

RaymaN...YOU WIN!!!!

Star. (That's all I can afford to give you...)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I guess they didn't spend top dollar on authentic-sounding actors for the voices. Those are sooo phony!

However, I'm unable to understand most of the words, but the manner of the conversations are stilted, hollow in substance and not at all as any military outfit would talk.

And if any of that chatter is between Earth and Mars, than it is false because (I believe) radio communications bewteen thre and Earth takes eleven minutes one-way.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Very clever, YOU!

....it is false because (I believe) radio communications bewteen thre and Earth takes eleven minutes one-way.

Close.

Depending on conjunction, and the date when the planets were in their respective orbital positions (AND, thus, distance from each other)....time vary greatly.

FIRST, here is a slick website, to watch the interaction, of the orbits and conjunctions:

www.windows2universe.org...

(YOU will have to click on the 'Fast reverse arrow".....to have it work its way back to 1962.....) AND, then .....wait.....

MEANWHILE......for those (not very often) times when we are in closest conjunction, Earth-Mars light speed is about three minutes, each way. At maximum, it's about 21-22 light minutes....waiting for the orbital calculator to go all the way back to the early Summer of 1962......(BECAUSE....the video claimed that was the date, yes??).

....so, around May/June 1962 (per the video).....in MAY to JULY 1962, the Earth-Mars distance from each other?

About 300 MILLION Kilometers.

NOT in conjunction.

Please feel free to watch the program, in the link above. See for yourselves.

The FACTS are irrefutable.

Personal opinion??? A BIT OF SCEPTICISM is ALWAYS a GOOD THING!!

edit on 2 December 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
What really nails Alternative 3 is that one of the people interviewed in it, who is meant to be a lab tech, is actually the bloke who played Arthur fowler in the Soap Opera Eastenders.

Oh and as for the BBC and hoaxes..Look up the Panorama.. Spaghetti Trees and the Tomorrow's World... colour TV on a Black and White set. Two very august programmes that scammed their audience.
edit on 2-12-2010 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join