It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CableGate proves that Georgia invaded Ossetia, NOT RUSSIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Der Speigel is reporting:

www.spiegel.de...

But the recap is from The Guardian:

Having helped to build up Georgia's military capabilities, the US made last-ditch diplomatic attempts to try to prevent it going to war with Russia in 2008. Washington's envoy to the Caucasus warned Georgia that war would "cost it valuable support in Washington and European capitals", while publicly George W Bush and his secretary of state, Condoleezza Rice, continued to give their unqualified support to Georgia.

It's curious how the diplomats knew that it was GEORGIA WHO WAS STARTING THE WAR, yet Bush & Co. gave unanimous support for Georgia, and the propaganda media consortium pulled the wool over the nations eyes and convinced us that it was RUSSIA that was doing the invading. They gave full unanimous support for Georgia.

I suggest you watch this documentary to find out the truth. In reality it was NATO troops not only training the Georgians for war and providing the arms, but also the soldiers. Many of the soldiers fighting were black. Georgia doesn't have any black people. You do the math.

And Moderators, this torrent is LEGAL for distribution. It was given away for free, not sold.

thepiratebay.org...

And lastly... For those of all saying that Wikileaks is the CIA... Why would the CIA want proof leaked out that Georgia was the invading forces and that Bush & Co (and the media) perpetuated a lie on the whole nation? In reality, Cheney thought it would be a great way to start a war with Russia so republicans would have a better chance at the upcoming election. Yes, he's that sick (and I hope he stays alive long enough to be publicly lynched, or maybe something slower like Chinese water torture).

edit on 2-12-2010 by FalselyFlagged because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

edit on 2-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

edit on 2-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Up here, we always knew Georgia started it.
It was always confusing to me that the US was reporting that Russia was the attacker, while Canadian news, from the beginning, was telling the story about Georgia attacking Russia. Apparently from what I remember, our news services up here, were stating that Russia even held back for a while before retaliating.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
People accuse the organisation with having an evil agenda. But the more you look at it its just exposing reality across the board.

On one hand it slams moscow for endemic corruption and outright gangsterism at all levels. On the other it kind of clears them with respect to a war they got blamed for by the west.

Wikileaks - history with the ink still wet.

The truth might hurt, it may have unforeseen consequences but it sure is interesting.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Very interesting, these ATS "wizards", that come up with these disinformation campaigns. I personally don't care, either way...it's all become so ridiculous that I think nobody really cares.

Just one question though, since it seem like most people here don't know their Geography:

-How exactly did Georgia invade It's Own Country???

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CerBeRus666
Very interesting, these ATS "wizards", that come up with these disinformation campaigns. I personally don't care, either way...it's all become so ridiculous that I think nobody really cares.

Just one question though, since it seem like most people here don't know their Geography:

-How exactly did Georgia invade It's Own Country???

Well, it's confusing. Since being out of school, borders keep changing
I tried to look up more from back then, I found a link

news.bbc.co.uk...

The current fighting began four days ago when Georgian forces launched a surprise attack to regain control of South Ossetia, which has had de facto independence since the end of a civil war in 1992. The move followed days of exchanges of heavy fire with the Russian-backed separatists. In response to the Georgian crackdown, Moscow sent armoured units across the border frontier.

Even my atlas is out of date. If countries are going to keep rearranging their borders, I wish they'd make atlases and globes cheaper.

news.bbc.co.uk...

It also says Georgia's claim that there had been a large-scale Russian military incursion into South Ossetia before the outbreak of war could not be "sufficiently substantiated", though it said there was evidence of a lower-level military build-up. The report states that while Russia's initial actions in fighting back against attacks on its personnel in South Ossetia were justified, its subsequent actions, in pushing far into Georgia proper "went far beyond the reasonable limits of defence" and was "in violation of international law".

www.outsidethebeltway.com...

This is still a holdover from the breakup of the Soviet Union. South Ossetia declared its independence from Georgia in the early 1990s and has de facto sovereignty over large parts of its territory. While neither Georgia nor the international community recognizes the secession as legitimate, Russia has been sympathetic.

It's still rather confusing....

BTW, I love your name, we had a 180 lb rottweiller once named Cerberus. He was the biggest baby you ever saw, used to hurt people accidently trying to be a big lap dog

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Up here, we always knew Georgia started it.
It was always confusing to me that the US was reporting that Russia was the attacker, while Canadian news, from the beginning, was telling the story about Georgia attacking Russia. Apparently from what I remember, our news services up here, were stating that Russia even held back for a while before retaliating.

Because the Lame stream media is 100 percent propaganda. However a little girl on fox news did tell the truth that Georgia was the aggressor. The media really lost a lot of international credibility on that one, as did Condolezza Rice.

top topics

join