It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump For President?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

WASHINGTON (AP) – Real estate mogul Donald Trump says he’s thinking about running for president, saying “everybody’s ripping off the United States.”

Trump told George Stephanopoulus in an interview he doesn’t actually want to run, but says he’s worried about the country’s future and thinks he could be the person to stand up to America’s rivals. He singled out China for criticism in the interview, accusing Beijing of manipulating its currency to gain unfair advantage of the United States in global trade competition.

He has shown interest in the past in running for president, in both 1988 and 2000. But in the interview, Trump said, “I am thinking about things.” He said he expects to decide by June and said he’d likely run as a Republican if he enters the race.

edit on 2-12-2010 by Digital_Reality because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

What do you think? Considering the issues with the USA are mostly economic and he is a pretty intelligent man id say he is as qualified as the next person.

Id love to hear him say YOUR FIRED! to some of the rats in the white house.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think Trump understands business, however I don't think he understands economics at all.

If Trump ran the American empire as a business, he would grow it.

That's what businessmen do.

However, growing the empire is what destroys economic growth.

I don't think Trump understands this distinction.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Honestly though. What recent president was an economic whiz? That's what they have advisers for.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I want President Trump to march on down to the U.N. Assembly and announce....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9e7cfe91529c.jpg[/atsimg]

...and then turn the U.N. building into high rent condos.

edit on 2-12-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
America is a business (in a way). It needs to be ran like one again instead of selling out to the country's that actually function like one. I kinda like the idea.
edit on 2-12-2010 by Digital_Reality because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Trump for POTUS? I'll pass.

As a businessman, he is shrewd...the man is a self made Billionaire; however, let's not forget that he has bankrupted his fortune before. So it's a crap shoot with him. Not to mention...he is the epitome of big business....I wonder who's interests he would serve? I could see Trump being an adviser on a presidential cabinet, but nothing more than that.

My 2-cents

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Self made? His father was loaded and got him started... He is NOT self made. Back to the topic... no, I think businessmen and their corporations have screwed this country up enough thank you very much. Besides... his "hair" (or lack thereof) disturbs me. I'm always thinking its gonna reach a claw down and snatch up a peanut from of his desk.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zorzenon

Self made? His father was loaded and got him started... He is NOT self made.

From bankrupt to billionaire....not self made? Did his dad pull him out of bankruptcy from the beyond?

Back to the topic... no, I think businessmen and their corporations have screwed this country up enough thank you very much.

Agreed!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
He acts so childish... Remember his Rosie fight?
LOL Funny man, smart man.. but not president material.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You actually think the guy was out on the streets? Wearing a barrel and fighting stray dogs for food? He had plenty stashed away and plenty of other rich guys to help him out. Nope, not self made. Made off the backs of the working man is more like it.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zorzenon

You actually think the guy was out on the streets? Wearing a barrel and fighting stray dogs for food?

No, of course I don't think that. However, here is what I tell homeless panhandlers: "you may have zero, but I'm in debt, so tell me who's worse off".

He had plenty stashed away and plenty of other rich guys to help him out. Nope, not self made. Made off the backs of the working man is more like it.

In 1994, Trump had $900-million in personal debt and $3.5-billion in business debt. He may have had some stashed away, but not that much. Sure he may have gotten a little help from friends, but money wasn't gifted to him. Honestly it doesn't matter, as under the eyes of the law, he was legally bankrupt. He used his name and his shrewd business sense to overcome that obstacle.
edit on 2-12-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Get real guys. He is no different than any of our politicians. He has no honor or integrity and made his money without ethics or honesty which is half the problem with the entire country. Scumbags like him have left their investors and creditors stiffed and made millions and are somehow considered honorable because they make money. People like Trump are the reason we don't have manufacturing jobs anymore and no creation of wealth. We only have redsitribution of wealth either through government or hedge fund theft. Donald Trump wouldn't change anything he's part of the unethical dishonorable system.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'd vote for him, if he had a very strong politician as his running mate, someone like Rudy Giuliani. Of course, I'd have to become a US Citizen

I think Government needs a "no nonsense take no prisoners" approach. So what, he's bankrupted before? He came out of it stronger than ever, and was able to make billions after his bankruptcy.

USA is already bankrupt, they need someone who knows how to pull themselves up after a major hit to rescue the country.

Donald Trump to John Boehner? "You're Fired!".

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I think he is too much of a success to be president.

He would get an almighty shock of how little power the president actually has in america.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

Honestly though. What recent president was an economic whiz? That's what they have advisers for.

Well.. Regan, Ford and the elder Bush were all economics majors in college

Everyone can form their own opinions of how well (or not) that worked out...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
He can't do any worse than obama is doing.

But that being said, business men are used to having a monopoly on power.
Trump wouldn't be able to say to someone 'YOU ARE FIRED' if the people elected them.
He couldn't fire congress .. he couldn't fire the senate .. he'd have to work with them.

He's not used to that. I don't think he could do it.
He runs an empire. The USA is a republic with the democratic institution of voting.

Two different things.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yep it probably good too that a man coming in for a 4 year stint does not have absolute power, as it could be very dangerous. There is probably alot of safeguards against an absolute power president.

Like i said above donald trump would be surprised of how restricted the post is.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Better if you guys elect Paris Hilton .. At least let those of us in the rest of the world get to enjoy eye-candy if she was president while we get fooked by the idiotic policies you americans create in dizzy city..

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
So, a billionaire is the best idea? Wrong!!!! He ain't going to do it. He will lose! Trump continually remains what is apart of the problem and in no way, shape or sense of the term is the solution.

Celebrities should not be politicians this includes billionaire businesspeople! Hence why Linda McMahon and Meg Whtman were defeated horribly.

new topics

top topics

join