It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Bernie Sanders: America Is Now A Banana Republic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Senator Bernie Sanders: America Is Now A Banana Republic

www.zerohedge.com

Some emotional words from Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders over the increasing social inequality in America, which he now defines as indicative of America's transition to a banana republic: "Many of the nation's billionaires are on the war path. They want more, more, more. Their greed has no end, and apparently there is very little concern for our country or for the people of this country if it gets in the way of the accumulation of more and more wealth, and more and more power. Today as the middle class collapses, the top 1% earns 23.5% of all income, more than the bottom 50%. Today, if you
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
And his speech on video...

What about doing about it Bernie? Subpoena Bernanke, Paulson, Bush, Rumsfeld, Cheney, BAC CEO, JPM CEO, GS CEO... many people need to be subpoena and have their teeth kicked in for the crimes they have committed.

KICK SOME BUTTS. Just don't stand there and cry, you have the power to put some of these people behind bars, YOU'RE A SENATOR FOR GOD SAKE.

Those people are the top are getting richer because THE GAME IS RIGGED. Not because they are somehow worth 100000X times better than the average guy.... THE GAME IS RIGGED.

He's wrong about one thing though... The banks wanted the ``bank reform`` bill... they pushed for it and even wrote parts of it. Why? Because it wasn't real reform.

www.zerohedge.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-12-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
honest senator ?
this is rare species nowadays

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I remember when he was mayor of Burlington Vermont, he was shaking things up then. He, is the voice of reason, and he's right. The middle class is being squeezed out of existence. I've been thinking of leaving the country, maybe I'll just go to Vermont.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

YAWN, So what else is new?

Pareto figured that out over a hundred years ago in 1906. It is called the 80/20 rule in Stat. 80% of the wealth belongs to 20% of the population. click

In the Cours, his main economic contributions was his exposition of "Pareto's Law" of income distribution. He argued that in all countries and times, the distribution of income and wealth follows a regular logarithmic pattern that can be captured by the formula:

log N = log A + m log x

homepage.newschool.edu...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Yeah, he's talking prob because he knows if the economy colllapses, he's not gunna have a job anymore* he's gunna be just like the rest of us taxpayers
he he he

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Yes the other thread that pointed out the "it's all rigged." thing i watched the session and was thrilled with this performance,...seems a genuine guy.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

he should run i don't care how old he is getting a president with some brains would be a welcome change

top topics

join