It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gulf of Mexico is Dying: A Special Report on the BP Gulf Oil Spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Comprehensive article with in-depth analysis from Dr. Tom Termotto on the status of the Gulf and how we are all SOL

phoenixrisingfromthegulf.wordpress.com...

It is with deep regret that we publish this report. We do not take this responsibility lightly, as the consequences of the following observations are of such great import and have such far-reaching ramifications for the entire planet. Truly, the fate of the oceans of the world hangs in the balance, as does the future of humankind.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Nice find. Wow, it looks like they may in the end have to try the nuclear seafloor fusion option after all. I can't even think of anything else that could seal 100 square miles of fractures and seepage. The alternative may be that one day when we least expect it, the entire oil / methane pocket will blow, destroying the gulf and killing probably hundreds of thousands of people along the coast.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Yes, methane bubble potential is a definite concern. I am certainly glad we live in the Heartland, although this disaster is far-reaching. Just kind of dropped out of the news. I don't have TV so I am not sure how it all played out in the media.

From the article:

Just how bad is this situation? There are actually three different ongoing disasters – each more grave and challenging than the previous one – which must be considered when assessing the awesome destruction to the GOM by the Oil & Gas Industry.

I. A single gushing well at 100,000 barrels per day of hydrocarbon effluent for 87 days into the GOM at the Macondo Prospect

II. Numerous leaks and seeps within five to ten square miles of the Macondo well with an aggregate outflow of an unknown amount of hydrocarbon effluent per day into the GOM

III. Countless gushers and spills, leaks and seeps, throughout the Gulf of Mexico, where drilling has been conducted for many decades, with an aggregate outflow that can not even be estimated, but is well in excess of any guesstimate which would ensure the slow and steady demise of the GOM.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I Havent seen this in the media yet...all they talk about is the wedding of the prince...who gives a shyt.
I live in Texas very close to Galveston, I wont eat fish from the Gulf anymore, and havent since the spill.
The damage out there has been happening for years, and now we start to realize the repurcussions of our obbsessive search for oil. I pray all the doomsday scenearious dont come true...If they do I'm screwed..(Please excuss my terrible spelling)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this and getting the word out.
Makes me sick through my entire soul
But, we need to know.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Yes, we need to get the word out that this is far from over. I know the loop current stopped and that may have something to do with the jet stream breaking down and the weather hitting Europe. Not sure because last Winter was just awful and that was before this disaster. Still it can't have helped and certainly will take it's toll on an already overburdened Earth.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
i am worried about the situation very much we know that recent years the ocean pollution is very serious . these are all disaster for hunman being .we must live on water but the majority of tthe water on the earth is in ocean
so if the pollution can't be prevent in short future we will suffer bigger disaster

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It is the perfect playground for the ptb. Under the sea, where they can spill as much as they like, as who would know/be able to prove anything? Probably looks like a bombed factory down there. Then, use the bbc and other zionist media toys to screw guilt up our collective anus with global warming/carbon tax! As a bonus, they get to contaminate the earth's (our) water with oil and oil with water. I couldn't have thought of a better plan, personally, if I were coached by satan.

top topics

join