It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New data shows foreign banks biggest recipients of Fed money

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

New data shows foreign banks biggest recipients of Fed money

www.rawstory.com

The Federal Reserved released documents Wednesday identifying the recipients of $3.3 trillion in emergency aid provided at the height of the financial crisis.

"Two European megabanks -- Deutsche Bank and Credit Suisse -- were the largest beneficiaries of the Fed's purchase of mortgage-backed securities," The Huffington Post's Shahien Nasiripour reported.

More than $290 billion worth of mortgage securities were sold to Deutsche Bank, a German lender. Credit Suisse, a Swiss bank, got more th
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Great, so not only were we extorted by the banks, but apparently by foreign banks, which is all the more reason to prosecute not only for extortion, but also treason.

This is incredible. We know the excuse they gave us for stealing our money in the first place, but now somehow the American tax-payer is on the hook for foreign greedy bankers? I guess the Amarican people are being pimped out to whoever wants to molest us. I know, they are all pretty much owned and operated by the same cabal of monsters, but this is still sickening.

The Bank is the cancer that is eating our society and it's high about time that we put a stop to it, lest we disregard the freedom of not only our generation, but our childrens' and grand-childrens'.

This kind of news is angering.

--airspoon

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-12-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Airspoon,
I think it is time people realized that we are essentially "governed" by the/a mafia. These people are criminal and will do anything to stay in power. In my opinion, any action taken against them is justified.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The thinking in some circles is that the European banks, realising they had been ripped off on fraudulently issued mortgage backed securities, demanded their money back or would blow the whistle on the whole Ponzi scheme.
If true, then the money is simply a repayment of the European investments, but the US taxpayers are once again on the hook to repay it, rather than the big bankers who perpetrated the fraud being jailed and closed down.

The whole system is rife with fraud and criminals, but those people commiting the crimes, as well as those who are supposed to regulate and investigate those crimes, are all in bed with each other and not one of them will ever see the inside of a prison cell. In short, we ARE ALL being robbed over and over again. If nothing else, it certainly shows how impotent our leaders are and who really holds power over us. Another indicator that our supposed democratic processes are nothing more than a smokescreen and we are, in effect, in an almost global dictatorship led by the bankers.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Anyone following the news KNEW that the FED did this... Time for congress to man up and convict Bernanke for treason or whatever crimes he committed.

He needs to go down... HARD AND LONG... that's what she said.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I agree completely spoon we better wake up. I am quite sure the countries where these banks reside will continue to blame the US for all that is evil and take no responsibility for their greed.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Persuading Jack and Jill Sixpack that it is in their best interest to stand up now, rather than when it is too late, is going to take some doing. If the American people sit by and let these injustices continue, they will deserve every horror that follows. Unfortunately, a lot of Patriots that tried their best to warn people will perish along with the mindless, genetic dead ends. You know who you are. You laughed, you rationalized, you denied, well now it is in plain view for everyone to see. Are you going to let the Banksters rob us, enslave the generations to come, kill us in manufactured wars of aggression, molest our wives and children, or are you going to stand up before you are cut down?

You know who you are - you had best stop laughing and get serious, because they are serious, they are ruthless and they have no soul.

"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." — Winston S. Churchill

edit on 2-12-2010 by Smack because: added Churchill quote for effect.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I see so many bail-out threads this morning, and they all make me sick.

We should have never let it happen, the bail-out, that is. We should have let the bankrupt banks and corporations fail, it would have opened the market up for businesses that know how to manage their money.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another
I agree completely spoon we better wake up. I am quite sure the countries where these banks reside will continue to blame the US for all that is evil and take no responsibility for their greed.

Except for the fact that they were in trouble as a direct result of the US banks playing Mr Gamble with peoples mortgages. I have seen no evidence (nor have I heard anyone say) that suggests foreign-owned banks were wilful participants in the US fraud.

Its quite simple - the US caused the error now foreign countries are asking to be paid back for the damage caused.

Don't get me wrong, I believe all banks and bankers need to be removed from the face of this Earth, but lets not place undue blame where it's not deserved and stick to facts OK?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
They got these loans at 0.0078% interest.

Basically they took this free money loan, ran it through the U.S./EU government bond markets, made a healthy profit, and put more debt on the government balance sheets. What a sweet deal. If only the people got such sweet deals the economy would be in much better shape, but off we are paying our credit cards with 30% rates.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I believe they were willful participants. That's my point but I understand your argument for sure as that is the line they will tow.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

The thinking in some circles is that the European banks, realising they had been ripped off on fraudulently issued mortgage backed securities, demanded their money back or would blow the whistle on the whole Ponzi scheme.

Star for you.

But...

Are people going to sit here and say that they Didn't know what they were doing or getting themselves into? Wasn't it their Greed, Corruption and Ego that thought it would be a quick way to flip a buck? Now that the whole thing blew up in everyone's faces we have people scurrying around playing the victim.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Sure, only American banksters are evil. Those poor naive bankers in Europe were just duped by those evil Americans.

Give me a break. They got themselves into this mess, they were quite aware of what was going on and chose to participate all in the name of making more money.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You make a good point, and one backed up by the shenanigans surrounding the bailout of Allied Irish Bank. This was not a high street lender or bank, but rather a big investment bank. The only ones to gain from the bailout are the big mega rich individuals and other large banks. They made risky investments and get all their money back, while the people are left holding the debt.

Is it just me or does all of this seem to be picking up pace and heading for an inevitable meltdown? I mean, there is only so much debt we can all take, especially when it is not of our making, before we reach a breaking point.
It looks to me like the big boys are snatching all they can before it all comes crashing down.
edit on 2-12-2010 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

You must have missed the bit in my post where I said, quite clearly and in plain English......

Don't get me wrong, I believe all banks and bankers need to be removed from the face of this Earth

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
good morning Vietnam
Banks are all one

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
foreign banks = offshore accounts for these criminals

Just like the movies they got their Swiss bank accounts

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

You must have missed the bit in my post where I said, quite clearly and in plain English......

Don't get me wrong, I believe all banks and bankers need to be removed from the face of this Earth

Yes and in the same post you stated (In plain English I might add):

"Its quite simple - the US caused the error now foreign countries are asking to be paid back for the damage caused."

So which is it? Contradict much?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Not at all, nice try though. I was replying to the first part of your post where you asserted that I believed:

Sure, only American banksters are evil. Those poor naive bankers in Europe were just duped by those evil Americans.

I was replying that I believe all bankers are evil, but in this instance it is the ones in the US that are primarily to blame. I do not see how ANYONE could have mistook what I meant, unless they were deliberately trying to bait me and put words into my mouth

edit on 2/12/2010 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join