It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Perfect Storm of Injustice'? N.J. Man Serving 7 Years for Guns He Legally Owned

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Unconstitutional laws need not be followed. Hopefully he will challenge this all the way up to SCOTUS and watch them kick NJ in the nuts.

In one sense you are correct however the jury could of easily found him NOT guilty, REGARDLESS of the law.

fija.org...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Jail is made to teach criminals lessons. Regardless of whatever stupid gun law is in place, he didn't pose a threat to civilians or government, and shouldn't be sentanced to a 7 year sentence for transporting a firearm.

Makes me sincerely pissed the f* off when I know that my tax dollars are being spent to house marijuana-offenders, and mediocre-offenders (such as this one) in jail systems. I don't pay money to the government to lock HARMLESS people up.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz
Jail is made to teach criminals lessons. Regardless of whatever stupid gun law is in place, he didn't pose a threat to civilians or government, and shouldn't be sentanced to a 7 year sentence for transporting a firearm.

Makes me sincerely pissed the f* off when I know that my tax dollars are being spent to house marijuana-offenders, and mediocre-offenders (such as this one) in jail systems. I don't pay money to the government to lock HARMLESS people up.

As a VA law enforcement officer I couldn't agree more. I don't think I could stand working in NJ with some of their laws...

Secure

new topics

<< 1   >>

join