It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youth minister charged with statutory rape, molestation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Youth minister charged with statutory rape, molestation

www.ajc.com

Gray, who was youth minister at Monroe Church of Christ, began having sex with the girl last December when she was 15 and the relationship continued through September, authorities say. Gray is accused of driving the girl to his house for sex at least three times a week, according to authorities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Again!

How many times do we have to see this to understand that that youth ministries are magnets for pedophiles and the weak willed?

I'm sorry, but at this point, I just don't think it makes any sense to go to a church, let alone trust your children with these people.

Would you trust your child with a scientologist? Then what makes a Christian youth minister any different?

www.ajc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The problem here is logistics

15 year olds are sexually attractive to humans. they are post pubescent and therefore biologically, a straight man will indeed be looking at her on a primitive base.
15 also is nieve and trusting to authority figures

its the perfect praying ground for someone with weak principles or self control...sexually attractive and trusting...any parent should question if they want that dynamic overall when they send their young ones off. The worst thing you can do is look at your 14-17 year old darling as a child and not desired by "normal" men...they are...deal with it and consider circumstances approprately.

Be a damn thinking parent already...you can't even really judge the guy (well, you can, but you will be judging people forever if you fall down that hole)...just assume yes, your teenager is indeed what some really do want and react accordingly...or just be really stupid, send em off to strangers with candy, and then be suprised when the human animal does what it does.

Principles and morals in society has always and will always be weak...they did it in the stone ages, the iron age, and the human animal will continue to look at young and fertile with their erm...second brain.

Protect, talk to, and be active in their life verses just push off your kid and hope for the best...even a minister is still a human.

Youth centers, summer camps, and all that mid teen fun where they are far away from their parents eyes is ultimately a bad idea unless there is alot of monitering by other adults..

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

We had a male in our family abused by a boy scout leader before the scouts banned homosexuals from participating as scout leaders. The boy scouts was once grand central station for pedophiles. From that need to understand what happened to our loved one, I did a lot of research into pedophilia. They have quite an interactive internet strategy going on where pervert can learn how to set himself or herself up for "man-boy love", how to entrap a boy, what to sexually do with him once he is submissive, and how to keep him fearful, shamed, and quiet about it so they don't tell what happened to them. Girls are harder targets because they are socialized to tell about sexual abuse/rape.

Pedophiles target any place where they can get control of and alone with boys as adult authority figures. They operate in schools and secular and religious (all of the religions) youth organizations. They believe they have a right to engage children in verbal and physical sexual activity because it is their sexual orientation to have sex with children and they tell themselves children want it but that our oppressive society does not permit kids to do what they want to do in having sex with them. They tell themselves they are pleasing themselves and the children they molest.

The psychological effect on boys who have been homsexualy molested is quite extensive and detrimental. That is the material of another discussion.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
People who want to diddle kids will go to where the kids are. School counselor, teacher, youth services worker, whatever. Like guys who hang out around battered womens shelters.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
People who want to diddle kids will go to where the kids are. School counselor, teacher, youth services worker, whatever. Like guys who hang out around battered womens shelters.

And not only where the kids are... but where the kids have been programmed to "listen to authority" before listening to themselves.

This is key... when your belief system states that your authority is outside of you, and you are socialized to "respect your elders" as opposed to teaching children how to recognize what is respect worthy, then you will have this in every setting.

We simply are not empowering our children to be their own authorities and to be aware that in the real world, there are predators around every corner.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Actually...thats a simplistic reasoning that, while its kept, will never address the problem.

the human species is designed to find the most youthful post pubescent to mate with...its simply how we are biologically designed..
What stops most people is a firm understanding on the rules...but there is not some weird sort of brain chemistry that makes a grown man want to sleep with a 15-16 year old girl..thats just nature at work.

That is why it is "uncurable"...because there is actually no problem there that can be identified to begin with..can't cure a healthy person. What the issue is, is why did a adult let his boundries lapse to bring it from dreaming about the babysitter to being with the babysitter.
Often a bit of trama, a bit of "I don't care anymore" type events happened...and they lapse in judgement..sometimes one off, sometimes for years

But never think that there is some sort of law or leglation that can protect the little darlings from society...there simply isn't..its human nature. The only way to ever protect a mid to late teen from the desires of adults is to simply be a good parent that takes a very active role in the life of the kid.

The faster people understand that...that its not some perverts, but all of humanity and the way we as humans are simply designed, the faster actual effective rules can be implemented...no more "oh, well, they are priests...therefore they are safe" nonsense needs to end...the "some want to diddle kids" element is creating a false boogieman which deflects any effective protection.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
And not only where the kids are... but where the kids have been programmed to "listen to authority" before listening to themselves.

This is key... when your belief system states that your authority is outside of you, and you are socialized to "respect your elders" as opposed to teaching children how to recognize what is respect worthy, then you will have this in every setting.

We simply are not empowering our children to be their own authorities and to be aware that in the real world, there are predators around every corner.

YES!

You get it...its teaching mutual respect, law, and how people simply are to your kids..
Knowledge is the most effective weapon.

keep in mind however, a kid is run by hormones...they may not give a rats arse about the "rules" when they see that cute teacher or whatnot eyeing them up...however, they will care about screwing up their life...let them know that even if cute teach says yes...he will end up in jail if he goes through it..secrets always come out...and so simply walk away...wait till your 18...then meet up with teach.

Its never too early to teach responsibility

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
meh. Nothing shocking here.

I knew a youth minister and a rather ugly 15 year old girl when i was in highschool who were hooking up regularily. He way like 23, she was 15, and they would always hook up in plain view. I've seen other similar instances where the older male wasnt a youth minister, but simply a friendly stoner.

Though its not very responsible of either party, its pretty natural and is bound to happen. Young girls go for sexually mature, older men. Men like young curvy women.

Once they were outed, the youth minister was completely condemned by the church and town. Thats what happens when you follow your libido

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Of course we're not. From the moment you're born it's mommy knows best followed by listen to your teacher and dont cross the boss to finally government is king and you have to beg for permission to do anything and just to make sure your eternal soul understands that they come and empty your corpses pockets.

I'm all in favor of ending that crap. Not one person claiming "authority" over me has known "best" to date.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Wow, I mean just WOW.
Some people will use anything as an excuse to push their anti God agenda. This man was clearly not a man of God or he seriously backslid. Either way he should not have been in the position he was in. Do not blame Christianity for this one. I get so tired of the anti-Christian view of the Godless heathans on here. This fellow committed a crime and he will be punished for it. Leave it at that. Don't keep up with the psycho babble of blaming Christianity.
Let me pose this, a 15 year old girl is generally physically attractive. A 15 year old girl is more than capable of giving consent. The man should have known better, and he did sin, but if you are not a Christian and you don't believe in sin, then what did he do wrong? Believe me, I do not condone his actions,,, just a few thoughts.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

As much as I would like to I can't really blame this on church.
Any person who is in a position of trust with a child has the opportunity to abuse them if that is their mind set, we see this in the most obvious sense in the fact that most child abuse is carried out by the children's own parents or family members.

new topics

top topics

join