It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is white pride a bad thing?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I find women of all colors attractive though prefer the one's who are themselves.
Staying within one's culture is not a bad idea provided they don't lose themself in the process.
Lil partial to some gorgeous japanese women though that's just me.

One can't 'look' for themselves.
Rather, discover who they are.
Only One can do that.
One is incomplete without their neighbors.
Beings are 'social' for a Reason.

So be social.
I'm listening.
U?
edit on 48pm031027121031201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Here's my feelings on this:
I am an AMERICAN, thats all I need to say, doesnt matter if I am white, black, asian or whatever, thats how I look at people, we all have diffrent skin colors, but guess what? I dont care if I am in a foxhole with a black guy, white guy or asian or whomever, WE ALL BLEED RED!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Can you be a bit more specific about "white privilege"? We keeping hearing these kinds of terms and they are rarely elaborated on. I am just curious what you mean by this phrase.
edit on 2/12/2010 by Dark Ghost because: reworded

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
WARNING THIS REPLY WILL PISS A LOT OF PEOPLE OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM NOT RACIST NOR AM I DEMEANING ANY OTHER RACE - COLOR - CREED - SEXUAL ORIENTATION

CAR - TRUCK - SPORTS TEAM - ALIEN LIFE FORM - FURNITURE OR MOLECULAR STRUCTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET MY POINT?
Please feel free to read on at your own risk of being offended by a lack of intelligence, no sense of humor or
whatever else your malfunction may be!

First off let me start by saying I am of Native American (Thats Indian, Red Skin, Injun, or Savage to most idiots)
and "Caucasian" (You know,Whitey, Polock,Cracker or Cracka depending on your ghettoness,Honkey and so on)
Decent.

I will say this one time for the sake of the common sense impaired.
ALL MEMBERS OF THE HUMAN RACE SHOULD BE TREATED EQUAL!!!!!!!
Except maybe politicians and the guy who invented the snuggie...... But I digress.

ALL MEMBERS OF THE HUMAN RACE SHOULD BE TREATED EQUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That being said I will give you a small list of things that need to change.........READY???? Probably not!

1. We should do away with cultural labels or identifying ourselves by where we or our ancestors are from. I.E.
If you are "Black" and live in America YOU ARE NOT AFRICAN AMERICAN!!!!!! YOU ARE AMERICAN!
Most can't even trace their family tree back to Africa and I hate to tell you there are Whites that ARE BORN IN AFRICA! This is the most misused label I have ever seen!

2. There should be no special treatment in society, the work place or anywhere else for any race or gender. NO MORE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION! If you want the job score as high as other applicants regardless of your or their sex or skin color. If you want to fight in the military then sister you need to run as fast or faster than me, do the equal amount of pull ups and be able to drag my fat ass out of the line of fire if I am wounded!

I don't care if you are gay, straight, bi, or you like to roll around in jello while touching yourself to Japanamation.... hold on I will be back in 5......Okay! All I care about is can you kill the person trying to kill me if we serve together?

3. (This is a long multiple part one) QUIT BITCHING ABOUT SLAVERY! IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME AGO!
(You know who you are) AND YOU QUIT BITCHING ABOUT BAGGY PANTS AND GOLD TEETH! (Once again you know who you are, If people want to trip on their pants and get their teeth knocked out and sent to cash for gold for some quick bucks oh well)

QUIT HAVING THE SOURCE AWARDS AND B.E.T. Don't you think you are good enough for the Emmys? I do and I don't care if you put shows on SPIKE. WHAT IS WHITE POWER?!?!?! I have seen some dark skinned Polish people. Is White Power like an electric company for ghosts???

ALL PEOPLE FROM THE MIDDLE EAST ARE NOT TERRORISTS! JUST LIKE ALL ASIANS DON'T KNOW MARTIAL ARTS AND ALL ITALIANS DO NOT MAKE PIZZA AND BELONG TO THE MOB!

EVERYBODY AND I MEAN EVERYBODY IS GUILTY OF MAKING ASSUMPTIONS OR COMMENTS ABOUT OTHERS BASED ON RACE COLOR CREED SEX OR WHATEVER! IF YOU SAY "NOT ME" WELL THEN YOU ARE NOT ONLY GUILTY, WELL YOU ARE A LIAR TOO! THE PAST IS THE PAST SO ALL IS FORGIVEN LET'S LOOK TO WHAT WE CAN BE!

AND MY ORIGINAL POINT!!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE ALL MEMBERS OF THE HUMAN RACE AND THAT IS HOW WE SHOULD IDENTIFY OURSELVES!!!! NO BLACKS, WHITES ASIANS OR WHATEVER! WE CAN BE PROUD OF OUR INDIVIDUAL PASTS BUT MOST IF NOT ALL OF US SHOULD BE ASHAMED AS WELL!

I could go into more detail but it would take a long long time! If I have offended anyone..... WHO CARES!!!!!! I have spoke nothing but the truth!!!! I have not been discriminatory towards anyone!!!!! If you are mad maybe you need to look in the mirror and ask, Am I mad at him for being an ass or making me see that I am one?

PEACE!!!!!!! I am off to eat some Chicken 'n Waffles, drink some red wine, listen to Buddhist prayer chants and to walk my Pitt Bull, Blue-tick, Poodle mix! Then I may watch Martin, Bass Masters and Oprah!

edit on 11/12/2010 by kcs7272 because: omission of a word. I like big words!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
(Modern) white culture is inseparable from the dominant social norms, rites and observances of many western nations.
Embedded within are fragments and influences of traditional pre-colonial white cultures... As well as cultures of any and all other races that have made contact, intermingled and shared ideas for the past few millenia. The same is true of any culture. No culture exists in a vacuum.

www.2think.org...

atheism.about.com...

www.sabbatarian.com...

www.religionfacts.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.associatedcontent.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Alushe

Thanks for the links! I enjoyed reading the one on White Culture. I have to admit do White Americans have culture? I have a friend who is Polish American. She is very proud to be Polish and what not. Still she respects others.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
White pride is not a bad thing. But having pride in white privilege is.

What exactly do you think white privilege is and are you sure such a notion exists? If it does, I'm wondering why my family, or millions of other "white" families didn't get that memo. In fact, because I'm white, I have less privileges, such is the case with Affirmative Action or the racist "hate-crime" laws.

With Affirmative Action for instance, I can be denied a job or promotion due simply to the color of my skin, white. In fact, not only can I be denied this job or promotion, but it is the law to deny me this job or promotion due simply to my skin color. An employer would actually be breaking the law in a lot of cases if he didn't hire a black person in my stead, or promote one. We saw this with the New Haven fire-fighters (two of whom were Latino, I believe). Sadly, what happened to these fire-fighters, happens all of the time and the only reason why the fire-fighters' case was blown out in the open and received a little publicity, is because the racist SCOTUS appointee, Sonia Sotomayor had ruled against these fire-fighters based on their white skin color and she was in the process of being confirmed for her appointment to the SCOTUS. Could you imagine if she was white and made the same ruling against a Latino or Black? We'd be comparing her to Hitler and deciding on which methods we obliterate her career. Instead, she was confirmed as a SCOTUS Judge and is regarded as a hero. White privilege? Yeah, right!

What about hate crimes, where apparently minority lives and safety now have more value? Kill a white person, no big deal, as you'll be out of prison in time to send your kids to college (if you even go to prison in the first place). However, kill or even so much as offend a minority (and have white skin), and you will never see the light of day again. This is in spite of the fact that white on black, white on latino or even white on any other race violence, is statistically below all other crimes. More black people are killed or violently attacked by black people every year, than they are by white people. More white people are killed or violently attacked by black people every year, than blacks are by whites, etc. Even still, more value is placed on the lives and well-being of minorities than whites, through the hate-crimes legislation and policy. A white person can receive a much more severe punishment for fighting with a black person, than a black person could for robbing and killing a white person. White privilege, you say? Again, yeah right!

To go further but not all inclusive, not even by a long shot, I can be legally punished for discriminating against a minority, though a minority doesn't have the same standards, and this is in spite of the very good argument that discrimination against whites takes place far more often than it does against blacks, at least legally speaking. With college scholarships, housing and welfare programs, entitlement programs, field trips in public education, black only schools, etc, etc, etc...

If I had to guess, this is what fuels those red-neck idiots to join idiotic groups like the KKK. White people see what is happening to them. They see the legislation, the policy and the political correctness that is basically pushing them aside. They see their children being taught false history in a clear effort to indoctrinate them with shame, while other kids who just happened to be born with a different skin color are taught to be proud of who they are and where they came from.

What it looks like to me, is that all of this is done on purpose. There is a reason why we don't learn about the black slave owners here in America. There is a reason why we only learn of the black slaves, instead of the multitude of other races who were also slaves, even right here in this country, to include whites. There is a reason why we are falsely lead to believe that slavery was a white on black issue and that it was the fault of white people, when the truth was that the vast majority of white Americans had nothing to do with slavery, nor did they benefit one bit from slavery. In fact, the argument could easily be made that more blacks profited from slavery, than any other race, seeing how the Europeans bought those slaves from Africans, then there were many, many black slave owners, who actually worked those slaves on plantations here in America. The sad fact of the matter is that the elite are guilty of slavery, not white people or black people. I think that there is a deliberate effort to mislead the people on our history and stoke racial tensions. It is clearly a divide and conquer strategy that has several fronts of effectiveness. For one, it keeps us distracted. For two, it makes us basically beg for controlling legislation and for three, it keeps us from uniting together in an effort to equalize society for fairness and justice.

When you know the true history and objectively weigh what is being taught now, it becomes painfully obvious. Then, when we are able to keep our emotions in check and take a step back to look at the issue objectively and properly, it also becomes obvious. However, it is hard for many people to look at the issue objectively, as we have all been indoctrinated to accept the revised version of history and alternate reality that requires racism to blame when something doesn't go our way.

For instance, when a minority is down on his/her luck or something doesn't go their way, they are told it is due to racism, when the reality is that everyone, regardless of color often have things that don't go our way. "They", meaning the media and education system, thus the government, are now even saying that all white people are racist, even if we don't realize it. They say we are racist on a subconscious level. That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard, yet they are passing that off as reality. If black people really were stricken with poverty and a poor way of life due to discrimination, then why don't Jews share the same fate?

It is clear that a divide and conquer strategy is playing out and their tactics are to divide along races. When minorities see that there standard of living isn't where it should be, it is due to racism, not the fact that the elites are robbing us blind. Whites are too busy walking on egg-shells and apologizing for things that aren't their fault, thus they don't blame the elites either. All the while, we are failing to unite because of it. Minorities look at whites with disdain because they think they are in the position they are in due to whites. On the other hand, whites look at minorities with disdain because minorities are claiming whites are at fault, when whites clearly aren't and in fact, many or most whites are in the same boat, though maybe even a little worse off, yet they have to cede to their legislated discrimination.

While we all bicker back and forth about this (everything listed in the paragraphs above), we are being robbed blind by the real culprits.

So again, there is no such thing as "white privilege", that is just an illusion that you and I both have been indoctrinated to believe or accept. Boy, I sure wish I was wrong, as I would have a lot of entitlements to catch up on.

--airspoon

edit on 2-12-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

First off what is the White culture? Considering that white people can be from just about any European country and have dozens of different cultures. Same for black people or any skin color. Skin color has nothing to do with culture. I know plenty of white kids who talk and dress like their "gangsta" and plenty of upstanding African Americans with good annunciation and normal clothing.

Secondly I don't think anyone should be proud of something they had nothing to do with. You had nothing to do with the fact your skin turned out a certain color, why are your proud of your skin? No one, no matter their "race" should be proud of their skin color. Pride is something that should be reserved for personal achievement.

I see nothing wrong with celebrating culture or even being satisfied with whatever color your skin is but I don't think we should be proud. We can celebrate our differences but let's also remember and embrace our similarities as well.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Originally posted by FermiFlux
Being white isn't a culture.

And other races don't celebrate because they are whatever colour they are, they celebrate the history of their race, and the hardships that have been overcome.

So you're saying there is no European Culture? Whites have had no hardships? hmm interesting ok.

Ok, what about "Black History Month"? What about "Jewish History Month"? What about the NAACP, Jewish Defense League, Black Congressional Caucus, Native American Pride on Facebook, Center for Asian Americans United for Self Empowerment (CAUSE)- all are groups that promote their RACE!!

I agree, let a white person be pubicly pround of their race and they are called racist. And before you bring up the KKK or neo-nazis, let me remind you of the sins of The Black Panthers, The Chinese Triad, Mossad, Hamas, al Queda and other groups pertaining to racial promotion.

I AM NOT, NOR IS ANY OTHER WHITE PERSON, RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT WAS DONE 200 YEARS AGO IN AMERICA!!! The appologies have been made and the equality has been given. The Race Card is maxed out, we owe for nothing more.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FermiFlux
Being white isn't a culture.

And other races don't celebrate because they are whatever colour they are, they celebrate the history of their race, and the hardships that have been overcome.

That's why its called black history month...huh. Nah, I think white guilt is important to others feelings.

That said, I do think there is ethnic celebration within white communities such as the irish, italian e.c.t. I think "white power" is a "negative" celebration of "us against them". I DO think there are double standards in society still.
edit on 2-12-2010 by SmokeandShadow because: added more

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Because white people are still the benefactors of the slave trade and in a way are still the slave master; now they just include their own race as slaves too. White people in general have maintained segregation and there is still a lot of resentment toward the white man for that.

People are people in my eyes and I do not play that game of "color" but then again if Im caught too late walking through certain neighborhoods, well thats not a good idea as you already know from history. The white man has an air about him that reeks of arrogance toward minorities.

White people celebrating their culture is kool but then again, what culture? To say the white man has a culture of American origin is a slap in the face to all minorities. White people have dominated anything minorities engineer, such as rock n roll and now hiphop.

White neighborhoods dont have 4locos in their stores and liquor stores every other corner. The white man wants to be accepted now then let the white man live amongst the minority. Instead of the white man clanning together let the white man be a part of a diverse community. Let the white man's celebration of his culture be one of equality and repairing relations with the less fortunate human being in America known as the minority. peace

Originally posted by mayabong
I've been thinking about this alot lately. Why can every other culture celebrate their culture in the US. but if whites want to celebrate their culture or if they are proud of their heritage, they are automatically a racist?

I realize that whites haven't had the best track record but neither have all these other cultures.

Whites are meant to bear the guilt of Slavery when it is a documented fact that Jews were at the Heart of the slave trade. (although you wont see this in a Speilberg movie). Newport, Rhode island was the center of the Slave trade, highest jewish population in America and the oldest synagogue in the US. (Brazil and the Carribean slave trade were also dominated by jews)

They have no problem celebrating their jewish heritage.

Hispanics can celebrate their culture freely and happily, even though their history is just a dark as whitey's with all their killing of natives in south and central america.

I'm just wondering if this guilt injected into the white race over and over again has a deeper agenda. Kinda like the catholic church instills guilt and fear to take away your power.

I think every culture should be able to celebrate their heritage freely. Just wondering why whites are not allowed by the powers that be.

edit on 2-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

First off white folks do celebrate culture...

But there is no White culture... That doesn't exist... You have Italians, Irish, French, Norwegian, Jews etc. There are lots of these, and we each celebrate these if we are "in touch " with them.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I am of Canadian culture.

And only another Canadian will understand what that means...

Peace.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Please give any evidence that the Jews were at the heart of the slave trade. I've been reading the wrong history books then if that's true. (Jewbasher!)

White people don't celebrate their color because they don't feel like it's an issue. Germans celebrate Oktoberfest. The Irish celebrate St. Patricks Day. These aren't white issues. These are nationality issues.

[sarcasm]Besides, whiteys don't deserve to celebrate their color because theys a bunch of honkies.[/sarcasm]

What is the real meaning of this thread in the first place? To bash the Jewish people as indicated in your first post?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
A smart man one time said to me.

I can't help i'm white, I can't help i'm American, but i'm DAMN SURE GLAD I am.....

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I keep seeing the narrow-parallels which repeat and echo through time to justify an extinct viewpoint and perspective.

I AM WHITE, I AM BLACK, I AM RED, I AM YELLOW, I AM BROWN, I AM A RAINBOW, I AM A LABEL. I AM A PART WHICH REPRESENTS A SINGULAR MINDSET. I AM LIMITED. I AM AN OBJECT. I AM AWARE. I AM A SUBJECT. I AM A SENTIENT BEING. I AM ONLY HUMAN. WE ARE AN IMAGE OF GOD. WE ARE EVERYTHING WHICH HAS POTENTIAL. WE ARE NOTHING UNLESS ACTUALIZED.

TO BE OR NOT TO BE, THAT IS THE QUESTION.

ANSWER THE QUESTION; DON'T WAIT FOR THE TRANSLATION.

ARE YE CATHOLIC OR PROTESTANT?

WHICH MARK OF THE BEAST SHALL WE WEAR TODAY?

edit on 2-12-2010 by trekwebmaster because: SP

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by fonenyc
Instead of the white man clanning together let the white man be a part of a diverse community.

Uh hello. You've never been to Vancouver BC have you? It is not the "white folk" that are "clanning" together. It is the Italians, French, Persians, East and West Indians, etc all hanging with their own kind. Yes, a good portion of them are white. But they don't band together because of skin colour.

If you don't find too many "white" people in a "black" neighbourhood, it's likely because they're hanging with their own cultures..

PS, "Black" is not a race, neither is "White", that's like saying that blonds are a race, and red heads are a race, and brown haired people are a race, and albinos are a race.. etc...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Oops. Erased the whole thing on edit.

Will try again after some sleep -

edit on 2-12-2010 by Whiffer Nippets because: hit the wrong keys, tired.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

Now, you're getting into another can of worms...NATIONALISM and SUPER NATIONALISM.

WOOOT GO AMERICA.

SIEG HIEL

V FOR VICTORY

Especially useful when large countries are in conflict to give the populace a sense of "oneness" which is soon lost after the conflict is over, sadly reverting back to "group and racial" strife.

GET THOSE RUSKIES

THOSE COMMIE BASTARDS

See where this is headed? Making entire groups of millions into something to be despised while forgetting we are ALL HUMAN BEINGS.

For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. 30And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: 42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: 43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. 44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? 45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. 46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

This makes perfect sense.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

Because white people are still the benefactors of the slave trade and in a way are still the slave master;

That is absolutely wrong. Most white people have never benefitted one little bit from slavery, even the contemporaries. Even back when slavery was legal on this continent, it was a very small percentage of people, both white and black, who owned slaves and slaves weren't just black either. Still, the vast majority of Americans didn't have anything to do with slavery or slaves. We are sort of quasi-indoctrinated to believe that if you were a Southern white and lives in the early 19th century, then you owned slavers or were a slave driver. The same with blacks being slaves. Neither of these instances are true, as there were many "free-blacks", some of which were slave owners themselves and over all, it was still a very small percentage of people who actually owned slaves, something around 1 or 2% of the entire population (which wasn't nearly as much as it is today). Slave ownership was usually reserved for the super rich, as you had to have land to work them or benefit from their "services". You also had to feed and maintain them, an expense that exceeded the means of most.

The truth is, slavery is no more the fault of "whites", than crime is of "blacks", usury is of Jews or drugs are of latinos. To blame a whole race on the actions of a few is foolish, at best. I don't get my groceries any cheaper than you and in fact, it is even harder for me to get an education, job or promotion in a job, than say a black person or minority, legally speaking (due to Affirmative Action and other like-minded policies).

but then again if Im caught too late walking through certain neighborhoods, well thats not a good idea as you already know from history. The white man has an air about him that reeks of arrogance toward minorities.

I bet that you would be a lot safer walking through most "white" neighborhoods at night, than I would walking through some black neighborhoods at night. What does that mean?

White neighborhoods dont have 4locos in their stores and liquor stores every other corner.

Stores pop up wherever they can make money. You are misleading yourself if you think that someone is going to invest the money in a store that won't make money or refrain from an investment that would make money.

Then, on that same logic, you could easily say that are far more gun shops in white neighborhoods. Does that mean that blacks are somehow discriminating against whites?

Nobody is forcing blacks, latinos or whites to live in the neighborhoods that they do. In fact, I was born and raised in a very poor area. I didn't have leg up or any advantage in my education, yet I decided that I would do whatever it took to get an education -on my own- in order to move to a nicer neighborhood so that my kids can live in safety, away from bad influence. There is a home for sale, right next to mine and anyone, regardless of color, can buy it, if they work hard enough and choose to. When someone is seeling their home, they only care about the color of the money and it's ridiculous to think that people would put something as superficial as skin color above profits. Again, there is no law, whether sound or implied, which keeps people in certain neighborhoods. In fact, there are all kinds of entitlement programs that will actually help minorities purchase or rent homes in nice areas, something that I or my neighbors couldn't take advantage of.

Instead of the white man clanning together let the white man be a part of a diverse community.

Do you really think there is some vast conspiracy by whites to live amongst themselves? Do you really think that a white person won;t buy a home because a black family lives next door? That's hollywood rubbish and I have yet to meet anyone who really thinks that way. People judge their neighborhoods by the quality of people, safety, value, price, market and other conveniences.

Let the white man's celebration of his culture be one of equality and repairing relations with the less fortunate human being in America known as the minority. peace

People celebrate their culture all of the time, though because people have racist pre-cobceived notions of what or who whites are, they should have to celebrate repairing relations with another person of another race creed or who may or may not be more successful? I'm white and I grew up with more poverty than many of "minority" friends. Does this mean that blacks or latinos should now not be able to celebrate their culture?

Race relations will never improve, so long as our thinking remains like that. The truth is that whites are no more privileged than anyone else and just because something may not go your way or just because a white person is more successful than you, certainly doesn't mean that the white race has a leg up on you.

--airspoon

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join