It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is white pride a bad thing?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
people celebrate and take pride in their culture or their religion, not their skin tone. latino's take pride in their spanish heritage and culture, not because they are brown. italians take pride in their country as do dominicans and many other people around the world.

but to specifically be proud because your skin tone is white is completely different to what other people celebrate.

be proud to be american and celebrate american culture, not the color of your skin tone.

THIS! Also at least where I live there are many "white" celebrations, Italian festivals all the time, Ukranian stuff, Celtic celebrations etc. Go and participate in them. If you are an American celebrate being an American. If you are Christian celebrate that. If you simply are proud because your skin is a colour that others aren't or that you think you are superior because you are white then that is a problem. Blacks don't celebrate because they think they're better or because their skin is dark (unless they are racists), they celebrate because of what they've overcome and the same can go for homosexuals or even women. Native Americans don't celebrate the fact that their skin is tan, they celebrate their culture! You don't have to celebrate your culture but if you want to there are always ways to do it you just have to participate. You may do it and not even notice it.

As for whites being called racists all the time. Well you know everyone goes through their crap. I have been physically beaten and excluded and called names by strangers because of my background. But I don't complain because it is not a perfect world. No its not fair that people call whites racist for no reason sometimes but that is life. Someday we will fix all of that hopefully and there can be peace between everyone. You say you feel ashamed of being white sometimes - well you should not let yourself feel that way because it isn't healthy. I was always ashamed and embarrassed for being black/mixed so when I was little I never spoke. It is not just whites that feel that way anyone can about having any background and it's the individuals responsibility to stop thinking in that way and not let other people make you feel that way even though it's hard sometimes.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Being white isn't a culture, it involves the amount of melanin in your skin.
I'm white but I don't celebrate my "whiteness" because my cultural background is polish, hungarian and welsh. Those are cultures.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
look bud
im white and i dont really care one way or another. We are people and we have the gift of life.
Understand your worth as a human being and stop this violence of seperation..

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Because pride itself is a bad thing, a vice.
It "goeth before a fall"

And secondly "white" is no claim to fame.
People are much more than the color of their skin and to brag about something as simple as color is like bragging about the shape and texture of your feces. Irrelevant to who you are as a human on this earth.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inclusius

regarding comments about "the jews": in my experience, every time someone says something about "the jews" (as if they were some monolithic, group-think construction like "the Borg") every time i hear or read "the jews are conspiring to..." or "the jews who benefit from..." every time i hear that kind of thing, it occurs to me that you only have to replace the words "the jews" with "the monied class" or "the powers that be" or even, simply, "The Rich" and you immediately make the comment infinitely more accurate and simultaneously infinitely less mean, racist, bigoted and ignorant

you could also replace jews with 'christian'.
if someone actually took the time to research this topic, christians were far more prolific in the slave trade than jews were.
no one ever looks at the sheer numbers of things, it's just really easy to pick out 5 jews out of 1000 people and lay the blame on them.
no one ever wants to talk about the 995 christians that were involved in the same thing.
this basically goes for any subject.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

lol I think I just figured out how to celebrate being white...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
A person should only take pride in what they're able to personally accomplish, not what was imposed upon them by a genetic lottery. I suppose a person can appreciate and like the rituals and habits their particular culture has offered them since birth, but even that is random, and if a person finds a subculture they feel more comfortable with, they can certain change if they want to.

The irony to all of this is that like any animal, our "mutts," those who have a varied genetic background, generally end up being the smartest, strongest, and most adaptable of the species.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
When blacks have identity it is called pride.
When indians have identity it is called culture.
When jews have identity it is called history.
When WHITES have identity it is called Racism

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
I've been thinking about this alot lately. Why can every other culture celebrate their culture in the US. but if whites want to celebrate their culture or if they are proud of their heritage, they are automatically a racist?

I realize that whites haven't had the best track record but neither have all these other cultures.

Whites are meant to bear the guilt of Slavery when it is a documented fact that Jews were at the Heart of the slave trade. (although you wont see this in a Speilberg movie). Newport, Rhode island was the center of the Slave trade, highest jewish population in America and the oldest synagogue in the US. (Brazil and the Carribean slave trade were also dominated by jews)

They have no problem celebrating their jewish heritage.

Hispanics can celebrate their culture freely and happily, even though their history is just a dark as whitey's with all their killing of natives in south and central america.

I'm just wondering if this guilt injected into the white race over and over again has a deeper agenda. Kinda like the catholic church instills guilt and fear to take away your power.

I think every culture should be able to celebrate their heritage freely. Just wondering why whites are not allowed by the powers that be.

edit on 2-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

You are not on your own,as the UK is just as bad,if not worse.Over here it's a crime to be White,but if you are any other colour,then you have the full support of the Goverment and the Police,etc.They can insult white people with racist remarks,but white people dare not use anything resembling a racist remark towards ethnics.It also applies to job vacancies,etc,where the term "Positive Discrimination"is very popular.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
We (Georgia) celebrate confederate memorial day.
You cant get more white than that

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I know what you mean. Though I think that if someone celebrates German culture, or French culture, British, ect, it's acceptable. If it just "white" in general, that's when you can run into problems.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
I've been thinking about this alot lately. Why can every other culture celebrate their culture in the US. but if whites want to celebrate their culture or if they are proud of their heritage, they are automatically a racist?

I realize that whites haven't had the best track record but neither have all these other cultures.

Whites are meant to bear the guilt of Slavery when it is a documented fact that Jews were at the Heart of the slave trade. (although you wont see this in a Speilberg movie). Newport, Rhode island was the center of the Slave trade, highest jewish population in America and the oldest synagogue in the US. (Brazil and the Carribean slave trade were also dominated by jews)

They have no problem celebrating their jewish heritage.

Hispanics can celebrate their culture freely and happily, even though their history is just a dark as whitey's with all their killing of natives in south and central america.

I'm just wondering if this guilt injected into the white race over and over again has a deeper agenda. Kinda like the catholic church instills guilt and fear to take away your power.

I think every culture should be able to celebrate their heritage freely. Just wondering why whites are not allowed by the powers that be.

White Pride just sounds like White Power, just a negative stigma to it. But I see plenty of Irish Pride British Pride, France, Spain. Europe period, No one seems to have a problem with those because they celebrate their heritage. Now when you say "White" Pride I admit, it does sound racist. Find your roots and claimn your proud, unfortuantely it is nearly impossible for most blacks to trace their roots, If I did I would plobaly be yelling Welsh pride myself with a last name Evans. Most blacks honestly dont disciminate when you you say your jewish or irish, Youre just white to most. So be proud of your heritage, not neccasrily your skin color, and if you dont know your heritage, have pride in simply your culture.... But again, arnt Jews considered white???

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Ok fellow white brothers. On the agenda for the year of 2011:

1.White Entertainment Television
2.An All White Fraternal Organization that will be operating on several state funded college campuses.
3.Heck lets make an All White College or School.
4.Lets offer scholarships to White people for being White.
5.We will also give White people jobs simply because they are White. Do not mind the fact that there are probably much more qualified people of other ethnic backgrounds that have applied for the same jobs. They aren't white, they don't help the quota.
6."I'm proud to be white" parades... Nationwide.

Between 1 million and 1.25 million European Christians were captured and forced to work in North Africa from the 16th to 18th centuries.
. Source

So lets demand reparations for whites, from anyone who can trace their lineage back to North Africa regardless of their involvement, connection or belief in slavery. Lets also feel that anyone from that region forever holds an insurmountable debt to whites.

8.Let us also cry "RACIST!" anytime someone from a different race or ethnic background tells me I am not the same as them or that I am not deserving of something.

9. Lets get offended anytime someone makes mention of a turkey sandwich with mayonnaise and a white woman, or beer, cheese, top gun, van halen, Harley Davidson..or anything else that we whites love so dang much.

To go along with that... Check this out, I think many people here would find it interesting. The Real Stuff White People Like.. And things that every other ethnicity like too

10. Lets have a "word" that only we can use.

A lot of you may find this ignorant, but I'm trying to make a point here. I don't condone racism, and this is pretty much straddling the line.. But think about it.
edit on 2-12-2010 by ZiggyMojo because: spelling

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cj6

What exactly have whites had to fight for or struggle for?? Umm..nothing!! They moved from place to place slaughtering natives and taking over. Is that what you wanna celebrate?? If theres something specific for whites to celebrate then please enlighten me...

And i agree that whites dont really have a "culture" thats just my opinion.

Wrong on that one.

THEIR elite masters are the ones that masterminded the occupations, negotiations, treaty's and behind the scenes work that resulted in the empire building.
They just happened to be using the white race which had all the inventions and technology behind it.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Killface
reply to post by crimvelvet

You are absolutely correct, the only way for America to survive is if people start looking at themselves as Americans, not African-Americans, not Latin-Americans, Not Asian-Americans, just Americans.

We claim to be united under our flag, but we preach division through multiculturalism.

People may claim America has no culture or heritage of its own, but the reality is we are shaping the American heritage and culture, it is in its birth, and we as Americans get to decide what it is.

Easier said than done...Look, wasn't it white people that made such an emphasis on race to begin with? For an obvious example, let's look at Obama, he's half white, half whatever (non-white)....and yet whites as much as blacks see him as being a black man. He also identifies as black because that's just how society sees him. It is part of the American society to categorize people based on ethnicity, so naturally it only brings attention to that subject. No white person is going to look at Obama and say yeah...he's one of my kind. It's just how the human mind works.
I'm Hispanic, with a 'white' appearance, but as soon I tell a white (American) person that I'm hispanic, they're surprised to know this, because they expect a short, tan skinned, dark haired individual that speaks English in a less than coherent manner, much less write it. You can't say white Americans don't stereotype people based on ethnicity or nationality, it isn't quite as evident as it was in the past, but it still exists.

As far as white pride goes. It doesn't bother me one bit. I have German ancestry, but I would not participate in a white pride or hispanic pride parade, because it doesn't mean much to me. It's great if you want to celebrate individual cultures, but it is more important to see people as Americans as you say....However, white Americans should also see blacks, hispanics, asians, etc as just that, Americans. You don't hear them call you European Americans.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Being white isn't a culture, it involves the amount of melanin in your skin.
I'm white but I don't celebrate my "whiteness" because my cultural background is polish, hungarian and welsh. Those are cultures.

Actually no it's not, it's more about genetics, namely R1b white caucasian.

en.wikipedia.org...(Y-DNA)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

First off every race has history, every race has it's dark side and it's bright side. St.Patty's day is not a white holiday, all races celebrate it. It was just introduced in a white culture. There is nothing wrong with being proud of who you are and loving who you are and if anybody would ever tell you that your wrong or even racist for believing in yourself and who you are. Then they can all just go fall in a hole and disappear. Everyone should be proud of who they are and they're culture. Yes, whites have as much culture as any other race that exists on this planet! The best thing to do is move on from the past, someday the past will have to be the past and we will have to forgive each other of our ancestors doings if we ever want to move on and progress. Unless everyone just wants to stay where we are with all these hate crimes, racism, descrimination, etc...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I think in the course of the next decade or so more and more of this subject will arise.
The reason is numerous, but the biggest factor imho is that the white population (taking wiki as a source) is less than a billion. Roughly 0.6 billion out of about 7 billion world population???
Or to put it another way, massively 'outnumbered.'

en.wikipedia.org...

So while this might be an uncomfortable subject for some, it isn't going away anytime soon and will affect all the races one way or another.
Indeed, with the overcrowding effect of this planet we live on continuing, all those that seem to reckon off-world colonisation is the wrong answer ought to think again

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Suffice it to say, that ANY exclusive group, like the NAACP, KKK, Republican, or Democratic party, serves to celebrate the exclusive differences maintained by their exclusive membership due to skin color and is in fact promoting "racial disparity." This fuels the fire which "racism" burns and drives a wedge between human beings with accentuating the difference in attributes of a person instead of uniting them.

The real truth is that before Bacon's Revolution, there was no such thing as racism. The powers that be define the term and propaganda is futhered by igniting and highlighting the difference as attributes in "skin-color."

The truth is that we are all the same race; the Human Race. There is no difference between color of skin or any other attribute of a person. The definition of being in the same race is when two members can successfully propagate; which all so-called "races" can do, so the conclusion is that we are all of the same race.

Race, defined as "skin-color" or "minority" status is simply an obsolete social ideology and perspective which is clearly propaganda meant to divide, not unite. The next question would be "why?" And the answer to this question is one which is so simple, you would miss it; they (the elites who define the terms,) don't want the public united and exercising solidarity; they would lose power. So it would be alot easier to promote spurious propaganda and have "in-fighting."

IDIC = Infinite Diversity Infinite Combinations - we are all strengthened by our differences, not our similarities when all false propaganda is seen for what it is, a fallacy in logic and spirit.

When we truly accept another as an equal, differences as eye color or skin color do not matter. God help us if we ever reach for the stars with the current mindset of the general population; we are not ready. But one can always hope and strive to be "more" then what we "are." But that requires an "open-mind."

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join