It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is white pride a bad thing?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

As a white woman it appalls me to read anyone is ashamed of being white. No matter what race we have all faced our struggles. Let's move on from gov funded education and go learn REAL history. I find that most white people that say they are ashamed of their skin color are poorly educated and just trying to show off. To be blunt about it. There is but one race. Which is the human race. I'd recommend brushin up on some history. And if you don't know white history www.white-history.com is a good site to start with. They don't teach white history in schools. They teach what they want to mold ignorant little minds into the mold. The only thing I'm ashamed of as a white person, is the powers that be that afflict such stupidity on humanity.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I'm sorry, if you look at 19th century Europe and all you see is a bunch of white people and that makes you proud of YOURSELF..... you are a moron. The end.

You still have yet to point out any one instance where it is acceptable to create a sense of pride over someone's accomplishments that you had absolutely nothing to do with? I guess you don't even want respect.

If you don't do anything regularly that makes you feel proud about your skin color, then there is simply nothing for you to celebrate. So stop it.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

Your pathetic, I didn't say anything like that, so stop attributing statements to me that I did not make. Want to see a moron? Go look in the mirror.

European culture was predominately created by white people, why would you try to claim this is not true?

You will find that most people are proud of their heritage. Their heritage is a big part of what they are, and white people have every right to be proud of our great heritage. It isn't about honoring ourselves, it is about honoring our past, sorry if you can't get that.

Learn to loosen up. "Only a Seth thinks in absolutes" Obi-Wan Kenobi

(Yeah I know he is a fictional character, but that is great statement.)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by petrus4

Because people like you actually believe the garbage you posted.

Sorry, whites enslaved and murdered this planet, white brought freedom and liberty, and higher standards of living as well.

Yes, but the point is that you're still a racist, and I was (and am) too, because both of us still care about individual ethnic groups at all. As someone else said in this thread, the mature response, from the non-reptilian part of your brain, is to consider ourselves *human,* and leave it at that.

If black or hispanic individuals go on about the subculture of their own ethnic groups, all that proves is that they're racist, too. The correct response is not to want to be as racist and bigoted as they are; but to realise that anyone who identifies with a single ethnic group in isolation, is someone who needs to bring their mind a few thousand years into the future.

Before you ask, no, I'm not a globalist advocate of the melting pot, either. I do believe in autonomous regional government, rather than one giant global dictatorship like what we're moving towards now.

Local government, however, shouldn't (and doesn't have to) mean local bigotry.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Lol its an anti white bash day eheheheh, too good to see people come up with so many reason that ya cant be proud to be white lol, cause its gotta be only racist people that can be proud of there skin color lol. Im proud to be white, french,italian,brithish,scothish,irish, native american, and whats wrong with that lol. I dont fly a flag or nothing but i like to smile alot lol, oh oh and my kids have now a little japanese added, wow thats so many holidays to celebrate ehehhe.

Boo to the haters that use fearmongering to push there agenda

have a nice day
edit on 15-12-2010 by dukeofjive because: wrong letters at the wrong spot eheheh

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

We are all racists at some degree, but being proud of one's heritage is not racism.

Racism is having negative feelings towards other solely based on their race.

What you posted is very racist, and it is time for the world to wake up to this reality. All those people who want to claim that whites stole everything, and all of our success is because we are war mongers and did such terrible things to everyone else are a bunch of racist, and if you look at the source of those stories, you will see that this is true.

The biggest part of the reason whites are so successful is because of our culture, our belief in liberty, which goes back eons.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

We are all racists at some degree, but being proud of one's heritage is not racism.

Racism is having negative feelings towards other solely based on their race.

What you posted is very racist, and it is time for the world to wake up to this reality. All those people who want to claim that whites stole everything, and all of our success is because we are war mongers and did such terrible things to everyone else are a bunch of racist, and if you look at the source of those stories, you will see that this is true.

The biggest part of the reason whites are so successful is because of our culture, our belief in liberty, which goes back eons. / END QUOTE

When you say " whites " do you mean " Europeans "?
The fact that I may be white, and you may also be white, does NOT mean we have the same culture or the same ancestors. White is not a culture, so you shouldent be proud to be 'white'.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thirdeyeaware

You can say the same thing about any culture that you can name. Is there one Chinese culture, or is it numerous cultures? It is in fact numerous cultures.

This is just PC nonsense.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
What is white culture?

Edit: Just noticed your statements about Jews. So this is one of those threads. Have fun.
edit on 2-12-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

LoL!, what is Black Culture? And just because someone points out that Jews or A Jew were responsible for something is not the same as condemnning them to a gas chamber. Think of how many times the words, "Its all whiteys fault" has been uttered and I have yet to see a holocaust against Whites. Be very careful, allowing someone to get away with something because they are Jewish is Racist in itself. Anyone who believes Racism can only exist among whites is an ignoramous.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

reply to post by Brood

Your pathetic, I didn't say anything like that, so stop attributing statements to me that I did not make. Want to see a moron? Go look in the mirror.

European culture was predominately created by white people, why would you try to claim this is not true?

You will find that most people are proud of their heritage. Their heritage is a big part of what they are, and white people have every right to be proud of our great heritage. It isn't about honoring ourselves, it is about honoring our past, sorry if you can't get that.

Learn to loosen up. "Only a Seth thinks in absolutes" Obi-Wan Kenobi

(Yeah I know he is a fictional character, but that is great statement.)

Just a side note on your Star Wars reference. The "Sith" represent religion in the movie and the jedi represent Illuminism, New age, whatever you wanna call it.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Well South Africa should be a good example.

Mean some of the white people believe they are being discriminated against.They aren't the ones keeping the memories of Apartheid alive.Black people are...every time something goes wrong it gets blamed on Apartheid.
Know it caused a whole lot of problems but at some point people will need to move on.

The ANC's youth league leader,Julius Malema,can make all kinds of racial comments about white people yet nothing gets done about it.He can sing songs about killing white folks at rallies yet if a white dude had to do that he would most likely end up in prison.Funny enough the excuse they used was that it was once a song sang by freedom fighters.So if killing white people is part of their culture why can't killing black people be part of mine.

Anyz,too tell you the truth the whole racial issue sucks and it should have been left in the past a long time ago.But it does surface every now and then.

It's something thats been stuck in my head for a while now and you always try and keep urself in check because it could lead to you actually walking the streets with a swistika.But I don't doubt the fact that black people can hate and that sometimes white folks get taken advantage of because they're constantly made feeling guitly about something most of them weren't even a part of.

We're all human in the end.

Racial issues are still a big part of SA

Here's some articles on if you're interested.

No Country for white men
Racial Tension

Just think at some point the whole racial card should be dropped and people move forward as human beings but every time it gets pulled out old wounds are opened up again.It's BS

Just think we can be proud of our culture whatever it may be and it shouldn't turn into a racial debate
edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
reply to post by mayabong

Eat watermelon? Was that all you could reply with ????
I was thinking SMOKE CRACK, but I can say that because I am part black.

Am I or am I not a racist? That is the question.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I think it all boils down to the fact that white people couldn't care less about "white pride."

White people, on the most part, have important things to deal with like going to work, paying their bills and spending time with their children to be caught up in something as ridiculous a pride.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I only have to chime in on this comment

We improved the lives of those we conquered, and treated the people far better than they had been treated by their own people who had previously ruled them.

LOL, Hahaha.. That is hilarious! I believe you need to read up on the effects on colonialism, not to mention the European rush to try and conquer Africa so they could exploit the natural resources.

So far, the comments on this thread have been.. funny

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

I think you need to do some independent research on African history.

Now that Europeans have reversed their attitudes and endeavors in colonization, Arabs are retaking what ground they lost and grabbing more in the process. Slavery and genocide are back on the rise.

And as whites have left Africa, the standards of living have declined.

If you think Whites are the only people on the planet who engage in conquest, and the stripping of resources, then you are completely ignorant about world history.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

I do not believe any of these statements, listing just to make a point...ok here we go....

Every group of people have stereotypes applied to them. The white race is no different. I'm sure the majority of White folks aren't racist, but the few who are stick out like a sore thumb, and give you all a bad reputation.

Every group of people have stereotypes applied to them. The BLACK race is no different. I'm sure the majority of BLACK folks aren't CRIMINALS, but the few who are stick out like a sore thumb, and give you all a bad reputation.

Every group of people have stereotypes applied to them. The ASIAN race is no different. I'm sure the majority of ASIAN folks aren't RUDE, but the few who are stick out like a sore thumb, and give you all a bad reputation.

Every group of people have stereotypes applied to them. The HISPANIC race is no different. I'm sure the majority of HISPANIC folks aren't ILLEGAL, but the few who are stick out like a sore thumb, and give you all a bad reputation.

Every group of people have stereotypes applied to them. JEWS are no different. I'm sure the majority of JEW folks aren't POWERFUL, but the few who are stick out like a sore thumb, and give you all a bad reputation.

This is how folks would look at the topic if they were allowed to get away with running their mouths off at a whim about anyone they darn well please, any GROUP could be applied with any undesirable ACTION attached to a "stereotype". Things are unfair all around and always have been. Good luck changing opinions.....

just my first log-in and comment....that's all....

edit on 18-12-2010 by sun.sky.stone because: clarifying that i do not feel this way

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sun.sky.stone

And every group has pride in their identity, and celebrates their culture, but some people have a problem with white people doing the same.

And as demonstrated frequently in this thread, a great many people enjoy bashing white people, and don't see their bigotry as the racism that it is.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

reply to post by sun.sky.stone

And every group has pride in their identity, and celebrates their culture, but some people have a problem with white people doing the same.

And as demonstrated frequently in this thread, a great many people enjoy bashing white people, and don't see their bigotry as the racism that it is.

youre kidding right? lmao.

in all reality, you white people would be able to celebrate your ethnicity or white pride openly if it wasnt for idiots like these ruining it for you entire race lol.

www.youtube.com...

and i love white people btw

edit on 20-12-2010 by Cobra.EXE because: spelling error

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
As the other posters mentioned, there is no "white culture," but you make a valid point.

Race mixing has been going on for thousands of years. It was recorded by the earliest civilizations. In the ancient Egyptian tombs there are painting of people of every color working together. The goddess Nephthys was depicted with white skin, and Isis also had a fair complexion. There's no such thing as a pure white person - nor a pure black person, for that matter. On the TV show The Colony there was a white man named Tick (an ex-Army recon sniper) who looked remarkably similar to Michael Jordan.

Europeans are not white. The first human settlers in Europe were nomadic Africans who arrived 40,000 years ago via the Arabian peninsula. During the so-called "Dark Ages," Europe was ruled by the Turkish Moors for 700 years. The so-called Anglo-Saxons (who invaded England from France and the Netherlands after the Romans left) were mixed-blood Moors. The Moors also invaded Italy and Greece. You can see some vestiges of moorish genetic phenotypes in the "olive-skinned" Spanish and Italians, who look much different from Nordic Finns, for example.

Africans are not black. The Middle East and Northern Africa are probably among the most racially-diverse areas in the world. The Middle East was populated not only by Black Africans and so-called Semites but also the invading East Europeans and Mongols (whose empire stretched all the way to modern Austria). In Northern Africa, blond-haired blue eyed people have lived there for 1,000 years. Much of Northern Africa was conquered by ancient Rome and then the various European countries during the 1800's.

East Africa and West Africa have very different cultures. East African culture is more slow and laid-back. They were influenced by trade with Persian, Indian and Chinese traders. West African culture is more hyper and bellicose. They were influenced by Semitic and West European traders.

Black people talk about "black pride" because they want to keep their own from assimilating with white culture. They already tried assimilating during Jim Crow and it didn't work. All black people did was burn their scalps trying to keep their hair "relaxed." You can see in many so-called African-Americans vestiges of Native American genetic phenotypes. In fact, some tribes, such as the Cherokee, kept Black slaves so that they could participate in the white slave economy.

The whole "black pride" thing has nothing to do with black people, who are only being used as pawns. I won't explain it unless somebody really wants to know.

One problem with black pride is that blacks are told to support business that employ black people, such as McDonald's, Junior's Cheesecake in New York, and the NAACP. However, when a black person wants to start a new business, he can never get a break. There are black businesses selling everything from soda to software which very people black people talk about. Many narrow-minded middle-class people complain about how affirmative action is taking away "jobs" from white people. Systems such as affirmative action don't replace all white workers with black workers, but rather place a limit on how many white (and male) workers can be hired. If two applicants have similar qualifications, the black applicant may be favored, but a well-qualified white applicant isn't often passed over for an unqualified black applicant.

Every people has enslaved everyone else. No race has a monopoly on being enslaved. There are pictures of white and black slaves in America working side-by-side, and pictures of white slaves being lynched.

There are Jews who, indeed, still have control most of the slave trade, except now the slave trade involves teenage prostitutes. They also kept Freemasonry alive during the 1800's.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bestof83

umm..
that site looks a little, i don't know terrible and inaccurate.

edit on 21-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join