It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is white pride a bad thing?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
You guys wanna talk about double standards?

At the end of the video the cops says it is unknown if the attacks were racially motivated...really?

link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
reply to post by mayabong

Eat watermelon? Was that all you could reply with ????

Because your post was oh so eloquently stated and warranted oh so much more of a reply..

link   

Originally posted by Lighterside
Look, I'm sure you've started a flame war by now, but I'm not here to refute your point. However I did want to point out that whites celebrate their culture all the time without being looked down upon for it. Now, obviously when whitey celebrates it's culture, it's not so much about being white, but thats ok. Many of the holidays marked on a US calendar are of origin from white cultures.

It's kinda like saying, "why is it ok for blacks to have a channel called BET, and whites dont have a WET?". The answer is all the other channels ARE WET.

And now for some insight.....

lol thanks for that

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I think the OP is referring to "white" americans. And I have been to a couple of Scandanavian festivals myself, but, overall, I believe the Average, mixed blood, American has lost touch with the meaning of cultural tradition, our culture is melting into plastic consumerism. I'm mixed with many colors and races, but am told that I cannot celebrate them, actually told this, I cannot wear a 'Kiss me I'm Irish' shirt, because I don't look Irish to most, I get laughed at, for telling the truth, and I am sure other people feel this as well. We are being turned into characters, so that we cannot recognize ourselves.

Think about it

they just haven't found a way to get white people to celebrate, without others catching on to 'It'. What is it? 'It' is the game, the game that we must play, we are giving roles here in the US of A. We play the 'Paper Bag' game. White people should be proud of themselves, but where do they begin? Where does a French/Russian/Scottish man begin and end? We must blend, but make our own whips, not let The Machine write out our "Cultural Lists"

Oktober Fest - Check
St. Patrick's Day - Check
4th of July (wink wink) - Check
Labor Day - Check

Really, what else do any of us have outside of our Mandated Holidays?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

This thread is about to erupt into a full blown Race Riot !!!

Thanks alot maya.

Wikileaks has been pretty lame lately and N. Korea isn't launching any attacks so why not? lol

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Almost all of our holidays and traditions are European (or white for the small minded) based. You know little holidays like Christmas, Thanksgiviing, Easter, Halloween etc. Come on people a little common sense here please.

All which are celebrated by ALL races..........

Just playing devils advocate........

We dont have "white history month" Lots of people will say "oh you have that all year round" ...........really? If we honestly had something called "white history month" ..........tell me the Nation wouldnt erupt in discontent.....

once again..........devils advocate

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Great point. I think people should be proud of who they are and what actions they take. Color of skin should have NOTHING to do with it.

I grew up in a VERY diverse community, I've always had trouble relating to and understanding racism from ANY race. I know it's there, I know there have been groups of people who have been treated badly, but if we keep reminding everyone about this with more fervor than moving forward we will never get better.

Truth be told I think American Indians have been screwed more than ANY race, thought I see less about that than any other.

Perfect example is the name "Washington Redskins" Do you know that the name redskin is no different to a american indian than the N word to a black person? However DC changed their basketball team from bullets to wizards because they were afraid of the message it sent.......

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
My whole premise is..........this "celebration" of distinction in our skin color, is precisely what separates us from each other.....

2nd line

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

LOL @ cracker...

Thx for the laughs

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Here, lets let another comedian way in on this. George Carlin

edit on 2-12-2010 by Killface because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by amc621

Great point. I think people should be proud of who they are and what actions they take. Color of skin should have NOTHING to do with it.

I grew up in a VERY diverse community, I've always had trouble relating to and understanding racism from ANY race. I know it's there, I know there have been groups of people who have been treated badly, but if we keep reminding everyone about this with more fervor than moving forward we will never get better.

Truth be told I think American Indians have been screwed more than ANY race, thought I see less about that than any other.

Perfect example is the name "Washington Redskins" Do you know that the name redskin is no different to a american indian than the N word to a black person? However DC changed their basketball team from bullets to wizards because they were afraid of the message it sent.......

Its funny you said that because I was watching a redskins game 2 weeks ago with my girlfriend and I told her they should change the name to the black skins. That would be racist of course and people would get upset, but redskins is perfectly fine. Oh the world we live in lol.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Made his point though did he not?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Here is a good one =]

LOL @ you give us a color...

We will wipe it out

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

But those are holidays for everyone. Imagine a white pride parade how would the world see that?. I've seen TONS of black pride parades and I have no problem with it, but I assure you if the whites ever had a parade it would be poorly received at best

cj6

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater

Originally posted by cj6

What exactly have whites had to fight for or struggle for?? Umm..nothing!! They moved from place to place slaughtering natives and taking over. Is that what you wanna celebrate?? If theres something specific for whites to celebrate then please enlighten me...

And i agree that whites dont really have a "culture" thats just my opinion.

Surely you live your daily life without using any innovations created by those evil whites right?

Right?

What innovations created by whites?? Whites dont create anything!! They just steal someone else inventions and claim it was them

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Black Power = Unity
White Power = Racism

Think that's along the lines of what he's asking.

Basically any racist remark by a non-white person is much less criticized then by a white person.
Personally I've experienced the racism of non-white people calling me racist for only being white, happens A LOT in schools these days. Can't tell you how many trouble makers got mad at the teachers saying "It's cause I'm black."

No It's cause you caused trouble.

No race is any better then any other, and if you can laugh at your own stereo-types you have every right to laugh at others. As long as you don't hate any race because of there race, then there is no racism.

We should all celebrate the human struggle, but if you wanna be proud of your roots, more white power to ya.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Almost all of our holidays and traditions are European (or white for the small minded) based. You know little holidays like Christmas, Thanksgiviing, Easter, Halloween etc. Come on people a little common sense here please.

A little of Part A

Black pride is a slogan used to raise awareness of black racial identity, and to express solidarity. Related movements include black nationalism and Afrocentrism.

A little of Part B

White pride is a slogan indicating pride in being white. The slogan has been adopted by neo-Nazi and white supremacist organizations.

Gee, one's all about solidarity and racial identity (black is a race here you see) yet the other is inherently a social CUSS WORD and anyone who even reads the two words together is a raving homicidal right wing sociopath racist.

Now I know, I know, to even consider the very notion of it is to infer I have crosses doused in petrol waiting to go, a whole slew of nooses in the trunk and swastikas stapled to my forehead, but hey, the OP has a point.

Just a shame it happens to be about the evil paleskin and his evil nefarious desire to kill all humans... who aren't white.

Right?

Anyone can and does celebrate xmas or any other festivity listed above. Didn't see many paleskins at the louis farrakhan million man march tho..

Oh well, I should really go back to my moonshine, guns, mein kampf stuff... us white folk don't have enough time in the day oh lordy lordy...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Pride is something I reserve for things I accomplish. Proud to be a woman? Proud to be a Swedish woman? These things I had bugger all to do with. I, and all of you, just happened to be born to certain parents within certain cultures. Thankful? Yeah, I guess I am. Proud? How could I?

Racial pride is thinly veiled racism as far as I´m concerned and is guaranteed to keep us going nowhere

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Killface

It's a shame really, see though no one has a response for your post. They KNOW the truth they know it but dont want to admit they want to ignore it.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exodaria
Pride is something I reserve for things I accomplish. Proud to be a woman? Proud to be a Swedish woman? These things I had bugger all to do with. I, and all of you, just happened to be born to certain parents within certain cultures. Thankful? Yeah, I guess I am. Proud? How could I?

Racial pride is thinly veiled racism as far as I´m concerned and is guaranteed to keep us going nowhere

You make the exact same point George Carlin made in the video I posted. How can one be proud of something one had nothing to do with, such as the color of ones skin, or nationality?
edit on 2-12-2010 by Killface because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join