Why is white pride a bad thing?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by baked

Then why should you be proud of something you didn't do, can't claim the goo and throw out the bad.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You can celebrate your culture I doubt anyone will call you a racist for it.

I'm half Irish and half Portuguese and from Boston, MA, people celebrate their Irish heritage here freely and without any sort of back lash.

Its when you start screaming "White Pride" and the likes which is usually considered a no-no, I have the same problem with the idiots screaming "Brown Pride."

People should be free to celebrate their heritage, but to celebrate your race? that's kinda crossing a line, it's hard to explain =/

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
since this thread has turned kinda racist or curious, lemme say this. Mind you I am just a stranger in the same garden as you.

I am not a great big religious person but from what I have researched you can destroy racism or any ism when whites, blacks, browns, greens etc. etc. all attend the same church. Not just churches for black people or white or Spanish or Chinese etc. etc. When everyone goes to church and learns love etc. etc. just nice lessons of how to treat life itself I am sure it would dissolve. Not sure if that makes allot of sense to people, but it is what it is. I am sure if we were all born from test tubes and all spoke the same language racism or racial pride would not exist. Its just a tribal thing I guess. We are all individual and what that means is you are in control of how you shape your life in this world, not another group of people you. Be proud of yourself not your race, yet make it important understand where you came from so you can better understand who you are. It takes a certain intelligence to be an individual thou, and not a statistic in a view in demographics.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Well I guess that because we are white, we should have no liberties or privileges. Lets see, there is Black History Month, BET Black Entertainment Television, Martin Luther King Day, several black only universities, Kwanzaa, etc... If there was a white history month, or WET...haha White Entertainment TV, we would be racist and surely have Rev. Jessie Jackson beating down the Supreme Court to file civil charges on all of whitey for this injustice against the other colors of the world. Personally....i could give a rats ass about what color a person is...if they get up, contribute to society, pay taxes, work, take care of there family...great. If your the dead ass, let me pay your way kind of person...then sure, call me racist. It seems to me, one stated earlier that we had no hardships as a WHITE race to overcome. How about succession from a tyrannous country that made a land equal for all race.
reply to post by crkking

Black history Month
I'll give you that one

Bet was created because white stations like MTV would not play our music, yeah they could have choose a different name but there is no difference between BET-MTV or BET-CMT

MLK day ok what do you what?? Really.

There is no such thing as black only colleges, HBCU may seem like that but they are not HBCUs are schools that were create during a time when black people were not allowed in " white schools" and today HBCUs keep there name but or open to anyone and in fact there are some that have more whites then any other race look it up.

Kwanzaa
Lol I don't even know anyone who celebrates kwanzaa.
edit on 8-12-2010 by Irocdis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Irocdis

That is some healthy bottom line logic..

White Pride fanatics repeat the rhetoric of the fallacy of white guilt...

"I should not feel guilty about something that my white ancestors did a long time ago...not me!!!"

And I agree whole-heartedly....though still haven't met a white person that feels personal guilt over slavery.

...BUT BY THE SAME TOKEN...it is illogical to then claim to feel PRIDE in the things that your "white" ancestors did a long time ago as well.

Can't have it both ways..

For ef sake...make your own life...earn pride on the merits of your actions and deeds..if your complexion the thing your are most proud of, you need to reflect and work harder to be the kind of person you would respect.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
To be honest I've always wondered why there is a tv network called B.E.T. which stands for black entertainment television. What do you think would happen if there was a white entertainment television W.E.T lol. Or what about black history month. What would happen if there was a white history month? Having such networks and race specific celebrations in my opinion just breeds more racism. Why can't we celebrate being human because we all bleed red?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Why can't we just have pride for being human, instead of this primitive way of thinking?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Irocdis

Good post, I'll give you BET=CMT, but from what I saw MTV played a generic middle ground, and blacks were proportionally represented.

I think the idea is that whites are tired of having to pretend that they shouldn't be proud of what we have accomplished. We are tired of hearing how evil we are, and how we stole everything, and these morons programmed to believe these lies.

Whites ended slavery around the world, and we certainly didn't create it, but we are blamed for it, when few whites ever owned slaves throughout history. It was never a major part of our culture, at least not in Western Europe. The worst part of the slave trade took place in Latin America, but somehow that part is ignored, and the Spanish aren't exactly white, they certainly are not Anglo Saxon Germanic or Nordic.

Most modern technology was created by whites, and we have improved peoples lives all over the globe.

Yeah, we conquered the world. Why should we feel guilty about it? We did what everyone else wanted to do.

We improved the lives of those we conquered, and treated the people far better than they had been treated by their own people who had previously ruled them.

The first world is Western European nations, and Japan and S Korea who adopted our culture on a large scale.

It is time for white pride to come out of the closet. We certainly shouldn't feel guilty for being proud of our race and our culture. All the apologists and the people who want to call whites who are proud of their culture a bunch of racists need to shut up, and start taking a better look at themselves and their own problems, because there is a lot of hate out there right now being create by these apologists and race baiters.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Because it is the direct moral equivalent of Charles Manson being proud of his serial murders. As a white individual, I am a member of the ethnic group that has enslaved and murdered this planet. My skin colour is the equivalent of a prison bar code tattoo; I cannot look at it without being reminded of neocolonialist genocide. Of all the things about myself that I physically cannot change, that is the one that I lament the most.

You should not be proud of being white. You should go down on your knees, sobbing, and begging forgiveness for it.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
Why can't we just have pride for being human, instead of this primitive way of thinking?

I agree with this as well. The thing to realise about such forms of tribalism in general, is that they are a product of animalism and a profound lack of intelligence.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

lol! I don`t believe for a second that you are a white individual.If you are, then you should be ashamed of yourself not your race.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Sometimes i think the Zionists want the races fighting each other because it distracts from what they are doing. Enslaving us all, so lets stop fighting each other and start linching the real cause those who would devide and conquer us all.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Oddly enough, we are ALL decended from Africa, which would explain my love of fried chicken and white women

Now to piss off the whites

I watched a show on either discovery or the history channel that basically claimed the white race was a result of moving to the northern climite and inbreeding........if memory serves me they said we were decended from about 30-70 people...........I can almost hear the banjos...........LOL

BTW......I am Scotts/Irish.....if I was any whiter I would be clear.

But let me make it clear I have nothing against whites, blacks, asians, Indians, midgets, used car salesmen. christians, jews, muslims, gays, strights. etc......some of my best friends are humans

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Um.. you are insane.
White people have done no more evil than any other race.
You pick a race and I will lay some f**ked up sh*t on you that they have done.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Because people like you actually believe the garbage you posted.

Sorry, whites enslaved and murdered this planet, white brought freedom and liberty, and higher standards of living as well.

When they start teaching the garbage you seem to believe, then it is time to start speaking up, and demanding equal time in honoring white culture as is given to black culture, hispanic culture, or asian culture. These claims that everyday is white day is garbage.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Are you for real?

Duh white people invented a lot of stuff....

.....Because they lived in a capitalist nation in which they were free to participate in the free market and make a profit off of it.

What are you so proud of anyways?

Sure we are white, too, so we should be proud of someone else's accomplishments?

Why are you so proud of something that you never earned for yourself?

The only reason to have pride in something is surely if you worked for it yourself.

What have you done today, that is specific to your skin color, that makes you feel proud?
edit on 14-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
There's nothing wrong with white pride. It's white supremacy that's the problem.
Second line

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Brood

Capitalism has nothing to do with it, democracy has been the big key.

While most cultures created hierarchical social structures, the Europeans tended to be democratic in structure. The root of the word 'thing' is a town meeting where the laws of the community are established, which was common in Europe in the days before Catholicism took over Europe. When the Gauls fought Rome, first they had to elect a king to lead their armies. Aristocratic control only held Europe for a short period of their history.

The way you are raised determines your outlook on life, who you are. It gives you your sense of value. The reason whites are often so successful is the cultural traits by which we were raised.

This is why white culture should be celebrated.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Because it is the direct moral equivalent of Charles Manson being proud of his serial murders. As a white individual, I am a member of the ethnic group that has enslaved and murdered this planet. My skin colour is the equivalent of a prison bar code tattoo; I cannot look at it without being reminded of neocolonialist genocide. Of all the things about myself that I physically cannot change, that is the one that I lament the most.

You should not be proud of being white. You should go down on your knees, sobbing, and begging forgiveness for it.

You cant be serious.. nobody is this ignorant. The Africans were already enslaved by their own people long before the 'white man' washed up on their continent. Aside from that gem of historical information, the simple fact is, without slaves the United States wouldve never won its freedom. You dont compete with slave labor by paying your workers a wage and you dont fight the royal navy without the motivation that only freedom can bring. If anything the act of slavery that was commited should be celebrated and you should be ashamed. Heres another fun fact: without slaves being promised freedom in exchange for military service the south wouldve won and it wouldve been another 10-20 years before slavery was actually abolished. Come to think of it, who knows how long considering England was one of the only countries to have abolished it at that point.
edit on 14-12-2010 by AndrewJay because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

Good post, freedom is the great motivator.

However, the Confederacy wasn't going to win the war, and slavery had nothing to do with it. While Lee held his own in the North, numbers overcame strategy, and ended his chances. While in the Western states, the Union completely dominated, pushing the fight all the way down into Texas, while Sherman marched his army unopposed through the south, breaking the Confederacies ability to continue with the war, and capturing Atlanta. Also the Union dominated the seas. Most of the Confederacies soldiers were conscripts, forced to fight. A great many people in the South opposed the split and did not support the cause of the rich plantation owners and their lackeys. They weren't fighting for freedom. A great many of the family farmers in the North saw the plantation system as a threat to their liberty and their way of life. Much as we see illegal immigration and over immigration as a threat to our way of life in these modern times.

new topics
top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join