It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is white pride a bad thing?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It's hard to imagine how the accident of your pigmentation at birth carries any sense of accomplishment. On the other hand, the term "white trash" that gets bandied about seems to encompass more and more people with each generation. That would be odd if it correlated heavily with "white pride".

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

edit on 6-12-2010 by Belcultassi because: not proud of the double post

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Just the way "society" is...I have always wondered the same thing....and I'm not racist by any means. But how come EVERY other culture and race has their OWN certain day, week or month...but literally pretty much the only "white" (if you wanna call it that) celebration day..is St. Paddy's Day...I'm half Irish and I HATE the mainstream celebration of it...its NOT about wearing green and pinching people...damn do some research, witch is why I use the entire month to celebrate my Irish heritage, ...although, if you know me, I pretty much celebrate it 24/7-365...and not by getting drunk. There is a LOT of history and culture around the Irish, but yea, I have Irish Pride tattooed on me along with shamrocks (3 LEAF CLOVERS! Once again the 4 leaf clover is another mainstream misconception) and people think that because I have the shamrocks tattooed on me I'm part of some prison gang (who uses the shamrock as one of their marks) witch I'm NOT!...but yea, how come all of these other cultures can use terms like "black pride", "Chicano pride", and all of that but if you say "white pride"...your racist? phuckin retards I swear!! People talk about being "civilized" and all of that, well let people be proud of who and what they are, just cause some one says "white pride" doesn't make you a skin head Neo-Nazi.....so yea I'm white, I'm proud to be white...so WHITE PRIDE!!!!! Blehh ... there
And on another note, about the whole "slave" thing...if you actually do read...you will know...that most of the slaves from Africa were soled to "the white man" by other African tribes...yea something else you won't find in history books because they don't want people to know their own race sold them out to "the white man"... BUT if you believe the "school book version" of history...then "the white man" was evil and just ran in Africa and kidnapped as many people as they could for slaves and brought them to America.....I never did believe that when I was in school, there was always something more to that crap...something they wouldn't tell you or put in the books...hmm wonder why...thats why I say 99% of the crap they teach you in school is a lie..a little off topic but still ....

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

So after 25+ pages of insults, flames at one another and very few intelligent answers, did you get your answer to your question?

I waited awhile to read this thread just so I could see why white pride was a bad thing. Its a pretty simple question asking for a quite simple answer. I suppose this thread revealed the truth. Thanks I see evolution is still skipping this generation. Your next question should be Why is christian pride a bad thing? Or whatever religion fill in the blank. I would also urge you to read some sociology books. Its still pretty primitive to still think tribal.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Originally posted by FermiFlux
Being white isn't a culture.

And other races don't celebrate because they are whatever colour they are, they celebrate the history of their race, and the hardships that have been overcome.

So you're saying there is no European Culture? Whites have had no hardships? hmm interesting ok.

Actually there isn't a European culture, that's only for show and TV.
Most European don't see them self as European, but as German, Dutch, French or what ever.
Only the politicians want there to be a European culture.

There is no problem in being proud to be white or what ever color, if you need that to feel good go right ahead and let nobody tell you different. Be as "Primitive"
as you want man.
But as soon as biggotry and racial hate comes into play you are going the wrong way.

edit on 7-12-2010 by Subjective1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Out of all the stupid bull# this species has created...this race/culture # must be one of the most ridiculous. You're human...how about that? Taking pride in accomplishments you had nothing to do with and as a result hating people you've never met in your life...is...effing retarded.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
Out of all the stupid bull# this species has created...this race/culture # must be one of the most ridiculous. You're human...how about that? Taking pride in accomplishments you had nothing to do with and as a result hating people you've never met in your life...is...effing retarded.

that and money.
it's fudging ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Being white is no different than having black hair, or green eyes. WE HAVE NO CHOICE.

White pride is just made up to keep us seperate. Whats the differences between me and an african man? SKIN PIGMENT, that is literally about as deep as it goes, everything else is irrelevant. (If I was raised as his brother from birth, I would be just that, his brother,me being white & him being black would mean NOTHING)

Iv often thought about what would happen if you took a child from every race on earth and raised them together, the best of it is, its OBVIOUS what would happen, they would grow up just the same as a group of white kids, or chinses kids etc.

Our beliefs & prejudices are CREATED, WE DO NOT CHOSE THEM, We are not born with them. for the most part the main ones and ground into us as children.

So Why is White Pride a bad thing? ITS IMAGINARY!

FRECKLE POWER!!, FRECKLE POWER!! See , no different than that!

(Just like black power or any other kind of colour related power! To be fair its worth pointing out (like I should have to!!) that the "whites" of old spent alot of time convincing Black people they where worth less than Dogs, so if they want to use the Black power thing, although less relevant nowadays, I would say they have every right to since "back in the day" they HAD NONE! Shouting white power does not have the same meaning!)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Damn I'm glad to be white! So I don't have to sit around all day smoking newports, crack, and weed. Drinking tall boys from 7am to midnight. With no damn job and no intentions of getting one. Oh yeah and being mad at me for everything that hasn't gone your way in life. If whites are hated so much how come every player wants a white girl? It would be nice if you started setting a better example for your children, so they don't have to spend so much time in prison. I know this will make people mad so do yourself a favor and do something about it.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladiezman323
people that actually think people are racist cuz of pride, its just ridiculous.
you should listen to that song by MINOR THREAT-GUILTY OF BEING WHITE.
here are the lyrics....
I'm sorry
For something I didn't do
Lynched somebody
But I don't know who
You blame me for slavery
A hundred years before I was born

Guilty of being white

I'm a convict
Of a racist crime
I've only served
19 years of my time

Guilty of being white

Those lyrics are not about pride. They are about playing the victim as an excuse for racism.

I do not feel an ounce of personal guilt for racist acts committed by strangers decades ago, nor do I feel pride in the color of my skin.

It is not an either/or choice.

Skin color is not a culture, religion, heritage...it is a color.

I have yet to meet any actual person that legitimately feels "white guilt".

This is a very tired, and painfully false argument most often employed to recruit ignorant folks to a racist mentality.

Anytime a government is involved in persecution and blatenly racist acts, they should make amends, because a government is not black or white, it is an institution not an individual. It acts on a massive scale and it exists over hundreds of years.

Do some people not understand the difference between the gov/an institution and an individual?

Ignorance personified.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hispanics, they have a nice name. Caucasian, well that name just does not have a ring to it, so we are called white people.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Niccawhois

There is nothing wrong with having pride in who you are and what your heritage is!
reply to post by SaturnFX

Yes there is because as a White you are automatically assumed to be having a superiority complex! Think of this! If a school student wrote a paper about how they were "proud" to be a Black/Mexican/Muslim/Jewish/Ect. Because "Insert-Name-Here" Invented something that benefited all of mankind or made the world a better place they would be praised. Now think of what would happen to a student who wrote the same paper with the only difference being he and the person he was proud of was White???

There would be an uproar and the student would be counseled.

Black...You mean African American? That is a cultural history and experience...with a geographic and historic component...as opposed to Rhawandan, Sudanese, Kenyan etc. etc. Place, time and shared struggle of ancestry defines the culture...not color.

Mexican...nation...includes Mayan, Inca, Spaniard and other european bloodlines.

Muslim...religion...not all middle-easterners are muslim

Jewish...religion...a very, very wide variety of races.

Still confused by those claiming skin color equals culture and heritage.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by S3ns1bl3

Being white is no different than having black hair, or green eyes. WE HAVE NO CHOICE.

White pride is just made up to keep us seperate. Whats the differences between me and an african man? SKIN PIGMENT, that is literally about as deep as it goes, everything else is irrelevant. (If I was raised as his brother from birth, I would be just that, his brother,me being white & him being black would mean NOTHING)

Iv often thought about what would happen if you took a child from every race on earth and raised them together, the best of it is, its OBVIOUS what would happen, they would grow up just the same as a group of white kids, or chinses kids etc.

Our beliefs & prejudices are CREATED, WE DO NOT CHOSE THEM, We are not born with them. for the most part the main ones and ground into us as children.

So Why is White Pride a bad thing? ITS IMAGINARY!

FRECKLE POWER!!, FRECKLE POWER!! See , no different than that!

(Just like black power or any other kind of colour related power! To be fair its worth pointing out (like I should have to!!) that the "whites" of old spent alot of time convincing Black people they where worth less than Dogs, so if they want to use the Black power thing, although less relevant nowadays, I would say they have every right to since "back in the day" they HAD NONE! Shouting white power does not have the same meaning!)

I just think that every race has their own traits that stick out in comparison to other races. You say that you and the black man are equal but is that so? That black man can probably slam dunk over your head and he can probably out run you and he probably has better rhythm than you. (thank god for black music)

I think genetically each race is Unique in its own way and their strengths help humanity.

Wow I can't believe this thread got so many replies. I would have thought out my original post a little more and worded what I felt better if I knew this was such a hot issue.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76

So after 25+ pages of insults, flames at one another and very few intelligent answers, did you get your answer to your question?

I waited awhile to read this thread just so I could see why white pride was a bad thing. Its a pretty simple question asking for a quite simple answer. I suppose this thread revealed the truth. Thanks I see evolution is still skipping this generation. Your next question should be Why is christian pride a bad thing? Or whatever religion fill in the blank. I would also urge you to read some sociology books. Its still pretty primitive to still think tribal.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

"White Pride" was Hitler's #1 platform.

And an argument of the KKK in the 70s by their fresh hipster poster boy.

There's your "simple answer".
edit on 8-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Pride is just an euphemism for saying perceived superiority. There's a reason it's a deadly sin.

I'm not going to be prejudice. I think it's wrong for any individual or group of individuals to go about showing their pride. It's pretty disgusting.
edit on 8-12-2010 by unityemissions because: decided to use a freshly learned word.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

–noun
1. a high or inordinate opinion of one's own dignity, importance, merit, or superiority, whether as cherished in the mind or as displayed in bearing, conduct, etc.
2. the state or feeling of being proud.
3 .a becoming or dignified sense of what is due to oneself or one's position or character; self-respect; self-esteem.
4. pleasure or satisfaction taken in something done by or belonging to oneself or believed to reflect credit upon oneself: civic pride.
5. something that causes a person or persons to be proud: His art collection was the pride of the family.
6. the best of a group, class, society, etc.: This bull is the pride of the herd.
7. the most flourishing state or period: in the pride of adulthood.
8. mettle in a horse.
9. Literary . splendor, magnificence, or pomp.
10. a group of lions.
11. sexual desire, esp. in a female animal.
12. ornament or adornment.

I'll let you decide which of these definitions belong to which ethnic, cultural, or civil rights groups.

You people have seriously pathetic arguments with zero sources after 27 pages

Stop necroing this thread, let it die. It's bland, and if your trek was truly for knowledge it would have ended a long time ago..
edit on 8-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Sersiously? So you saying that no white guy could slam dunk over my head? Only black people? I Dont follow basket ball but going by your logic no white guy has NEVER dunked on a black guy? (Yeah right!)

Its quite incredible just how much racism is in the post (intentional or not), Black people have better rythm do they and how do you know that? SO EVERY black person has better rythm then me simply because im white? Are you having a laugh?

Seriouly those are views I would expect from a 5 year old child!! Your an adult?!!? And im not saying that to offend you, im saying it because its true. Im mean did you read your reply?

Also do you not understand Evolution? Maybe you are religious, I do know racism & religion go hand in hand, perhaps its that? The reason black people are "different" is because they evolved on a different continent, different climate, terrian, exactly the same reason you can get the same speicies of bird that has variations depending on the climate & location its EXACTLY THE SAME. (we are after all just "smart" monkeys)

My point is that all these perceived difference are IN YOUR HEAD. Ultimatley we ARE our brains, the body is just the machinery that moves it around, this is why skin colour is irrelevant, inside we are litteraly ALL THE SAME. Would the heart of an african man work in place of mine if I needed one & vice versa? Of course it would and the same goes for any race on this planet, WE ARE ALL THE SAME SPECIES. All our differences are superficial or political ,its only our own ignorance that keeps us seperated. (and of course theres a lot of profit to be made from racism!)

edit on 8-12-2010 by S3ns1bl3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The key problem many seem to miss is that White People living today should not be denied opportunities or have a sense of guilt thrown on them because minorities were mistreated and discriminated against in the past. Have a think about that. Shouldn't White People have as much opportunity in any field as any other race? Is limiting the opportunity for White People to succeed really a display of Racial Progress? Or is it merely justifying discrimination against one group in an effort to make up for discrimination against another?
edit on 8/12/2010 by Dark Ghost because: grammar

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by S3ns1bl3

I dont think my post was racist at all.

So your saying that black people aren't as a whole better athletes than whites? I'm sorry but I dont buy it. Have you seen the NFL lately? or the NBA? Why aren't there a bunch of chinese and japanese on these teams?

I don't think any race is better than any other race. Its like comparing apples to oranges. Like I said, I believe each race has its traits that stick out. And I think people should be proud of their race and use their gifts for the betterment of humanity.

I'm from New Orleans, i've lived in the white neighborhoods, I've lived in black neighborhoods. I've had these conversations with my black friends. Noone gets upset, its just a conversation. Calm down.

For the record I'm not religious.

edit on 8-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by S3ns1bl3

I dont think my post was racist at all.

So your saying that black people aren't as a whole better athletes than whites? I'm sorry but I dont buy it. Have you seen the NFL lately? or the NBA? Why aren't there a bunch of chinese and japanese on these teams?

I don't think any race is better than any other race. Its like comparing apples to oranges. Like I said, I believe each race has its traits that stick out. And I think people should be proud of their race and use their gifts for the betterment of humanity.

Acknowledging physical differences is not racist...Assigning greater values to those differences is.

Basketball does tend to have more blacks playing on average.

whites ...Hockey...not a lot of blacks play hockey.

Gymnastics? swimming? Shot put? Marathons vs. Sprinting. Men, Women, black, white?

You could go on and on. You could also try and descern between what is cultural and what is physical/dna inheritance. Do more blacks excell at basketball because more blacks play it growing up? Ditto Hockey. Is Tiger Woods good at golf because he was raised by a father who was a golf fanatic? Is Basketball a greater value to the human race than Hockey?...how about golf?...They are games and in the end ..who cares...

In every way that is important in determing the virtue or value of a human being race palys no role. Not so much an idealogical opinion as a simple fact born out by history.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join